Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I sure hope a dvd is in the pipeline, or a Netflix special. Could be fantastic!

7 nights in the same venue, when was the last time he did anything like that? Was it the 6 nights in Camden in 08?

ON BROADWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yum:

SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SRO!!!!!:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

:gun:
EAT YOUR HEART OUT:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: , SKINNY, SURFACE NDSP,
HOOKY AND ALL THE HATER TWATS!!!!:rock:

DAMN THE TORPEDOES FERRET FULL SPEED FORWARD!!:lbf:

SEVEN MAGICAL NIGHTS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 nights in the same venue, when was the last time he did anything like that? Was it the 6 nights in Camden in 08?

On the Quarry tour 5 nights at the Wiltern in CA and 5 nights at the Apollo
In NYC.

But seven nights? I assume it’s very small. We’ll see.

Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
Seats 1,509. Built in 1910.

In NYC.

But seven nights? I assume it’s very small. We’ll see. Seats 1,509. Built in 1910.

Think the 6 nights in Camden was the greatest hits tour in 2008, I went to the first night it was very good in a fantastic venue.

Think the 6 nights in Camden was the greatest hits tour in 2008, I went to the first night it was very good in a fantastic venue.

So Camden may be his longest residency. Saw him all 5 nights when he did that Apollo residency, which was great.

10 scheduled nights at the Palladium in Hollywood, Oct 2007. 2-3 were cancelled due to "plumbing issues" LOL. Still my all-time favorite cancellation excuse.

Also 5 nights in NYC that same tour at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Those were great shows.

Last edited:
In NYC.

But seven nights? I assume it’s very small. We’ll see.

Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
Seats 1,509. Built in 1910.
I was there (Wiltern) :)

"(May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11)"

Three nights in a row, then four nights in a row.
I wouldn't count on May 10 and 11 knowing his history.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom