Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
When asked what kind of cancer he has/has had he answered Barretts. Barretts isn't cancer, as most of us know (although it can lead to cancer). Why didn't Larry follow up on that? Sloppy.
Also, when asked what treatment he's been receiving he answered scrapings. Scraping is pre-cautionary. Again, sloppy.

Evasive, melodramatic Moz is still getting away with this cancer business. It's insane. We could've had this cleared by now.

larry doenst follow up. when moz said obama was white inside larry followed up with a question about singing.
he caught moz off guard with the stage 4 comment. looked like moz doesnt even know much about barrets. another false moz scare.

brutally boring interview followed by another boring rendition of kiss me a lot. is there any reason he has to peform kmal everytime he goes on tv? the song is from a deleted album.

Larry King appeared to have never heard of Moz before and just read out the questions he'd been handed. A very one way admiration.

As for the veganism announcement, that he followed it with "everyone goes vegetarian first, it's expensive and hard to be pure straight away" will assure he gets criticism for quite some time yet. He needs to start promoting veganism for its ethics, keep it positive and not advocate outdated vegetarianism.

larry thought the smiths all sang together. LOL

After all that said and done I still love Moz, I go through periods where he annoys me and I roll my eyes but he's still brilliant to me. It was nice seeing a proper interview too, not as cringeworthy as the Jonathan Ross interview. He's looking good and seems in relatively good spirits. I just wish he'd give his head a shake sometimes with the shit he comes out with. Roll on Hull!

P.s I'd still give him a jump.

32zrrsy.jpg

2jg5yd5.jpg

my god, he's handsome.

Kind of what I was expecting from Larry. "So your name's not Smith? It's Morrissey." "You go with a band? You work as a single?" Sigh.

We did get updates on a few topics. It was nice to hear him expound a bit. The shoe exchange was odd. Also a few tasty bits of ammunition for his haters. Nice bit of restraint on not going for the Sam Smith bait.

It was funny watching Larry introduce the song. I was waiting for him to say something like "razz-ma-tazz!"

I agree that Larry appeared never to have heard of Morrissey before this.

Admirable to kill yourself and criticism of Trump, yeah he is a far left man for sure. Cannot believe how badly he has aged, poor man. Used to love him now I hate him.

nice interview and to see him take it more seriously but really from the interview thread i made the other day most of the questions he got asked in almost all of them were pretty poor and i believe in one of them he said as much and just felt the process pointless. thanks to those who linked and made it easy to watch. very sweet interview

After a decade of not doing any tv interviews I expected more..

Okay, you expected more. What exactly? I think Moz did quite well given the fact that he was extremely nervous. You can tell at times when he is so over-expressiv with his body language in the interview.

I agree, Larry didn't really do a very good interview, Morrissey seemed Bored but i love seeing him doing an interview.

I agree that Larry appeared never to have heard of Morrissey before this.

yeah i would be surprised if he had. curiously though because of this and i think there possible compatibility i wonder if larry has an opinion of him now and where it stands. i dont know about the question as they did seem to get the most out of him. i think his, larrys questions, really let morrissey go on and larry is experienced enough to know that people want to watch the interviewee and not the interviewer talk which in previous interviews didnt seem to happen. he got interrupted a lot i thought and moz is a guy who kinda needs to get going get worked up by his own words and then bam hes said something consequential. anyway really enjoyed it

The two most genuine moments that weren't rehearsed and scripted (I can dream one day this interview will happen) were when asked if he missed any non-vegan food products and he immediately exclaimed he had, then had to quickly back pedal and be Mr. PETA, and when he was trying to remember the Wilde quote. All the rest of it was robotic checking off the list. I think he'd be more comfortable just being himself like in those two moments than having to stick to the script in the name of consistency.

That cancer bit was awkward. He slithered out of it though. Poor guy, probably wasn't even his idea to work the cancer angle.

Regardless of the quality of the conversation, this may be one of only a few times I've seen him enjoy being interviewed and not just "seeing to it" as a chore. He at least seemed to be very happy, and he gave Larry far much more credit than he's worth.

The two most genuine moments that weren't rehearsed and scripted (I can dream one day this interview will happen) were when asked if he missed any non-vegan food products and he immediately exclaimed he had, then had to quickly back pedal and be Mr. PETA, and when he was trying to remember the Wilde quote. All the rest of it was robotic checking off the list. I think he'd be more comfortable just being himself like in those two moments than having to stick to the script in the name of consistency.

That cancer bit was awkward. He slithered out of it though. Poor guy, probably wasn't even his idea to work the cancer angle.

Yeah sure CG. Wonder why there wasn't an eloquent answer prepared then about the cancer question when it was all rehearsed and scripted. He was pretty much lost in that particular moment, you could see it from his behaviour and facial expressions. I think what he said about "thinking too much about things" was very genuine because he mentioned that many times before in interviews, in some liner notes, in the book and actually in the song Our Frank. I think it fits perfectly with what we assume to be his personality. That obsession about things, this thing about not being able to let some things go. So, maybe you should make sure that your complaints about the interview reach Moz so that his chattering voices obsess about it and make him give his next interview in the year 2025.

1. From mayoclinic.org:

Barrett's esophagus is most often diagnosed in people who have long-term gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) — a chronic regurgitation of acid from the stomach into the lower esophagus. Only a small percentage of people with GERD will develop Barrett's esophagus.

Barrett's esophagus is associated with an increased risk of developing esophageal cancer. Although the risk is small, it's important to have regular checkups for precancerous cells. If precancerous cells are discovered, they can be treated to prevent esophageal cancer. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/barretts-esophagus/basics/definition/con-20027054

Barrett's esophagus IS NOT CANCER.

2. Saying "Obama is white inside" is stupid and offensive. Just like Morrissey.

3. Saying that killing yourself is admirable is extremely stupid and extremely offensive. Again, just like Morrissey

Last edited:
1. From mayoclinic.org:

Barrett's esophagus is most often diagnosed in people who have long-term gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) — a chronic regurgitation of acid from the stomach into the lower esophagus. Only a small percentage of people with GERD will develop Barrett's esophagus.

Barrett's esophagus is associated with an increased risk of developing esophageal cancer. Although the risk is small, it's important to have regular checkups for precancerous cells. If precancerous cells are discovered, they can be treated to prevent esophageal cancer. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/barretts-esophagus/basics/definition/con-20027054

'Kay. But I personally believe him when he says he's been scraped ("treated"), and I imagine it's not unlikely for those to be the "precancerous cells." So. Are you going to begrudge him getting preventative treatment for an increased risk of cancer? I'm not offended by him saying he has cancer. He's been diagnosed with something that needs to be monitored so it doesn't progress into cancer. It's not like he's flat out saying, "Yup, Larry, I have lung cancer."

He said he has Barrett's esophagus, and he receives cancer-preventative treatment for it.

I am not, stress: not, looking for 'signs', flowers or hand gestures and all that insane tripe.
I did, however, find it weird he mentioned juggling in the interview and is next seen on TV doing exactly that (in the loosest sense of the term). :)
Regards,
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom