Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
how can johnny have a record contract while nobody touches moz?
Morrissey *could* have a record contract any moment he wanted. The issue is the terms - he is holding out for a massive advance of cash from the label, big money on promotional spend, total control of the product, he only licenses the recording to the record label so when he jumps ship he keeps copyright (see the recent Harvest deal), and refuses the standard current practice where the label throw in some money for tour support etc, but want a cut of all profits - live, T-shirt sales, etc in return.

Whatever the terms of Johnny's record deal is, we can be pretty confident that Morrissey would reject it - otherwise he would have signed with someone ages ago. The music industry doesn't make much money from record sales anymore, and Morrissey is too much of a risky punt for most companies to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in. Did Harvest make their money back on 'World Peace'? I doubt it.

He's said the same thing in the past, that he admires people for taking control and just ending their lives, being strong enough to do it.

He says this because he is envious of them. I, personally, wouldn't say suicide is admirable but I'm a quite happy person and have no problems with my mental health. My uncle had mental issues and said similar stuff like Moz which made my mother (his sister) really angry and sad. He once said to me that he envies these people because They are no longer imprisoned in their lives while he has to endure it until the end. He compared it with people who are awaiting execution. He was luckily released in 1995 when he had a fatal bicycle accident.

He is holding out for a massive advance of cash from the label - NO (There are no massive advances from record labels for licencing deals. Sorry to burst your bubble)

He refuses the standard current practice where the label throw in some money for tour support etc, but want a cut of all profits in return - YES (That, in itself, is the problem. Nobody wants to offer such deals)

He's said the same thing in the past, that he admires people for taking control and just ending their lives, being strong enough to do it.

It is a dumb thing to say imo. He's so fake deep sometimes, he talks like those teenagers who romanticize that kind of stuff

Morrissey *could* have a record contract any moment he wanted. The issue is the terms - he is holding out for a massive advance of cash from the label, big money on promotional spend, total control of the product, he only licenses the recording to the record label so when he jumps ship he keeps copyright (see the recent Harvest deal), and refuses the standard current practice where the label throw in some money for tour support etc, but want a cut of all profits - live, T-shirt sales, etc in return.

Whatever the terms of Johnny's record deal is, we can be pretty confident that Morrissey would reject it - otherwise he would have signed with someone ages ago. The music industry doesn't make much money from record sales anymore, and Morrissey is too much of a risky punt for most companies to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in. Did Harvest make their money back on 'World Peace'? I doubt it.

there is no such thing as massive advances outside of a select few. i doubt that moz ever received any such massive advances in the first place as hes never sold that many units nor can he demand ownership of his master.
he could pay the studio costs and then lease but he would make no money. moz likes it when he sells few copies and makes tons of money off the record label. thats in the past. if that is what he is expecting stick a fork in him he is done.

Moz likes it when he sells few copies and makes tons of money off the record label.
NO. MOZ DOESN'T LIKE IT WHEN THE RECORD LABEL MAKES TOO MUCH MONEY OFF HIM, ESPECIALLY THROUGH THINGS THEY AREN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN. I can't imagine there is one single artist out there who likes that. They either look for alternative ways to get their records out without a label or they bow to the labels.

there is no such thing as massive advances outside of a select few. i doubt that moz ever received any such massive advances in the first place as hes never sold that many units nor can he demand ownership of his master.
he could pay the studio costs and then lease but he would make no money. moz likes it when he sells few copies and makes tons of money off the record label. thats in the past. if that is what he is expecting stick a fork in him he is done.

well said

You're kidding, right? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cancer sufferers of the world unite in disgust at Silly Steven !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Well if does the cost of the recording and is a pretty big name to get Interviews and other press since he's been lebaless, weve seen this, then what does the label actually do for him other than distribute and promote and I don't see a lot of useful promotion from labels. Many are still very stuck in methods with diminishing returns. What's the benefit to him

Has anybody ever thought about Moz actually having dysthymia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthymia#Resistance

Especially these parts ...

Often, people with dysthymia will seek out treatment not necessarily because of depressed mood, but rather due to increasing levels of stress or because of personal difficulties that may be situation-related.[25] This is hypothesized to be because of the chronic nature of the disorder, and how depressed mood is often thought to be a characterological pattern for the individual with the condition.

Because of dysthymia's chronic nature, treatment resistance is somewhat common.

Diagnosis of dysthymia can be difficult because of the subtle nature of the symptoms and patients can often hide them in social situations, making it challenging for others to detect symptoms. Additionally, dysthymia often occurs at the same time as other psychological disorders, which adds a level of complexity in determining the presence of dysthymia, particularly because there is often an overlap in the symptoms of disorders.[8] There is a high incidence of comorbid illness in those with dysthymia. Suicidal behavior is also a particular problem with persons with dysthymia. It is vital to look for signs of major depression, panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, alcohol and substance misuse and personality disorder.

Well if does the cost of the recording and is a pretty big name to get Interviews and other press since he's been lebaless, weve seen this, then what does the label actually do for him other than distribute and promote and I don't see a lot of useful promotion from labels. Many are still very stuck in methods with diminishing returns. What's the benefit to him

The only benefit is being able to release new albums. But Morrissey seems happier to release nothing at all than sign a big deal with a major. Which, as a fan, sucks. Amazing to think of the relative stability of the Rough Trade & EMI years, when you could look forward to a new album either every year, or every other year.

Morrissey only has a certain amount of time left on this earth, and if we are only going to get a new album every six or seven years, then we don't have that many more to look forward to.

NO. MOZ DOESN'T LIKE IT WHEN THE RECORD LABEL MAKES TOO MUCH MONEY OFF HIM, ESPECIALLY THROUGH THINGS THEY AREN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN. I can't imagine there is one single artist out there who likes that. They either look for alternative ways to get their records out without a label or they bow to the labels.

what, are you nuts? nobody makes too much money off moz. if they did he wouldnt get dropped by just about every label hes been with. he must hold the record for most drops by labels.

he wants a huge advance that wont recoup, and expects that to go on forever. i dont see anymore moz records frankly.

what, are you nuts? nobody makes too much money off moz. if they did he wouldnt get dropped by just about every label hes been with. he must hold the record for most drops by labels.

he wants a huge advance that wont recoup, and expects that to go on forever. i dont see anymore moz records frankly.

this is true. Sometimes, i feel like his fans have a hard time dealing with the fact that he's not as popular anymore and he has become a nostalgia act. These days, Moz only appeared in some headline by saying suicide is admirable or some other dumb things

Oh I love this still from the interview. It's when when Larry asks "But you like the applause?" You can see the child and the smiling in his eyes.

11873722_10153551828478428_7710219922121076470_n.jpg

The only benefit is being able to release new albums. But Morrissey seems happier to release nothing at all than sign a big deal with a major. Which, as a fan, sucks. Amazing to think of the relative stability of the Rough Trade & EMI years, when you could look forward to a new album either every year, or every other year.

Morrissey only has a certain amount of time left on this earth, and if we are only going to get a new album every six or seven years, then we don't have that many more to look forward to.

so you mean distribution then? release means press and distribute? labels dont usually own the pressing and distribution a lot of time, they just hire them and make profits elsewhere in the cost equation

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom