Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
Oh I love this still from the interview. It's when when Larry asks "But you like the applause?" You can see the child and the smiling in his eyes.

11873722_10153551828478428_7710219922121076470_n.jpg

he looks like a mix between That evil guy from lazy town, Danny Boyle and Quentin Tarantino

he looks like a mix between That evil guy from lazy town, Danny Boyle and Quentin Tarantino

tarantino i can totally see i and just didnt before now. thats pretty sweet. heres some info on barrets just so were not all speculating and for easy reference

"Barrett's esophagus is a serious complication of GERD, which stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. In Barrett's esophagus, normal tissue lining the esophagus -- the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach -- changes to tissue that resembles the lining of the intestine. About 10% of people with chronic symptoms of GERD develop Barrett's esophagus.

Barrett's esophagus does not have any specific symptoms, although patients with Barrett's esophagus may have symptoms related to GERD. It does, though, increase the risk of developing esophageal adenocarcinoma, which is a serious, potentially fatal cancer of the esophagus.

Although the risk of this cancer is higher in people with Barrett's esophagus, the disease is still rare. Less than 1% of people with Barrett's esophagus develop this particular cancer. Nevertheless, if you've been diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus, it's important to have routine examinations of your esophagus. With routine examination, your doctor can discover precancerous and cancer cells early, before they spread and when the disease is easier to treat."

i think moz said that they did find precancerous cell though correct me with a link if im wrong

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/barretts-esophagus-symptoms-causes-and-treatments

Oh I love this still from the interview. It's when when Larry asks "But you like the applause?" You can see the child and the smiling in his eyes.

11873722_10153551828478428_7710219922121076470_n.jpg

I'm convinced he's the love child of Jim Bowen.
Jim Bowen used to host a darts quiz on ITV Sunday nights. Can we get Jeremy Kyle to sort out a DNA test.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

When Moz took his shoe off, I thought he was going to show Kuzma's mother to Larry or to all n0n-vegans :D the same beautiful liar as always, sometimes I were losing the train of thought because of "my gosh, his eyes are incredibly blue". The interview looks interrupted and unfinished but interesting anyhow, better than nothing, KMAL was sung perfectly =)

Hmmm, after watching that performance of KMAL, is Boz simply singing "kiss me a lot" when he does the backing vocal part? Or is he saying something else? When his lips moved it looked different somehow.

Bésame

I've watched this interview three times now, and I still find it fascinating. It's accurate to say that Morrissey comes at the truth sideways, but so do most people. In this way, he's no different than any writer, musician, visual artist or politician of note. What is different is his transparent vulnerability, and his simultaneous hyper-self-awareness and complete cluelessness. The contradictions are just so glaring.

Right off the bat: "I'm not flash, I'm not glitzy, I'm not part of the industry" says the man whose jewelry is clinking so loudly it's interfering with the mic, who dresses expensively and flamboyantly, and who is holding out for a big deal with an established label. "I never had an attraction to fame" says the man whose chart obsessions have always been second to none. "We didn't like each other that much" he says of The Smiths, when everyone knows that J. Marr and Morrissey were very, very close (when Morrissey claims he's the forgiving kind, however, it's so obviously tongue-in-cheek). You can see that Larry King understands that Morrissey is being evasive and spouting nonsense.

However: Morrissey trips up when he says "I can't exist" when talking about abattoirs and then corrects himself to say "I can't believe such places exist." That's an honest slip, and I sympathize. I don't hear many other "celebrities" verbally offering up that glaring a level of sensitivity; it's simply not done.

Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of it all is the contradiction between Morrissey's perpetually facetious tone when he grants interviews (and writes autobiographies), and the utter emotional authenticity with which he sings.

No wonder Larry King finds himself suddenly obsessed - he's only just met the man.

"Right off the bat: "I'm not flash, I'm not glitzy, I'm not part of the industry" says the man whose jewelry is clinking so loudly it's interfering with the mic, who dresses expensively and flamboyantly, and who is holding out for a big deal with an established label. "I never had an attraction to fame" says the man whose chart obsessions have always been second to none. "We didn't like each other that much" he says of The Smiths, when everyone knows that J. Marr and Morrissey were very, very close (when Morrissey claims he's the forgiving kind, however, it's so obviously tongue-in-cheek). You can see that Larry King understands that Morrissey is being evasive and spouting nonsense."

to a degree a lot of this is true and kinda funny

I've watched this interview three times now, and I still find it fascinating. It's accurate to say that Morrissey comes at the truth sideways, but so do most people. In this way, he's no different than any writer, musician, visual artist or politician of note. What is different is his transparent vulnerability, and his simultaneous hyper-self-awareness and complete cluelessness. The contradictions are just so glaring.

Right off the bat: "I'm not flash, I'm not glitzy, I'm not part of the industry" says the man whose jewelry is clinking so loudly it's interfering with the mic, who dresses expensively and flamboyantly, and who is holding out for a big deal with an established label. "I never had an attraction to fame" says the man whose chart obsessions have always been second to none. "We didn't like each other that much" he says of The Smiths, when everyone knows that J. Marr and Morrissey were very, very close (when Morrissey claims he's the forgiving kind, however, it's so obviously tongue-in-cheek). You can see that Larry King understands that Morrissey is being evasive and spouting nonsense.

However: Morrissey trips up when he says "I can't exist" when talking about abattoirs and then corrects himself to say "I can't believe such places exist." That's an honest slip, and I sympathize. I don't hear many other "celebrities" verbally offering up that glaring a level of sensitivity; it's simply not done.

Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of it all is the contradiction between Morrissey's perpetually facetious tone when he grants interviews (and writes autobiographies), and the utter emotional authenticity with which he sings.

No wonder Larry King finds himself suddenly obsessed - he's only just met the man.

As I and others have said so many many times he's a crank, I liar with a bad memory for what he said in the past.
He has the most stupidest personality for an adult. He talks like a 4kin child who's been sheltered at times. You can see he really believes he's clever when in fact the truth is he's just thick as pig shit with nothing to declare but lines he's stolen from books that he's read. I don't want to know about his shoes or Cancer that he's not got. I want to know the answer to Larry's question "WHAT DO YOU MISS ?"

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Morrissey can say all the negative about The Smiths and try to write them off all he wants. He will never ever ever ever ever ever get over Johnny walking away from him and it all. It will be the last thing on his mind on his deathbed.

Morrissey can say all the negative about The Smiths and try to write them off all he wants. He will never ever ever ever ever ever get over Johnny walking away from him and it all. It will be the last thing on his mind on his deathbed.

it's weird, because sometimes i do think he got over the smiths a long time ago and it's all just wishful thinking by some of the smiths fans, but then i read autobiography and this Larry King interview and i'm like nah he's still not over Johnny leaving him/The Smiths

"Scrapings" are not treatment. They are surveillance biopsies, looking for cancer. If the biopsies reveal cancer, then the treatment is usually surgery, depending on the stage of the cancer.

As others have said: Barrett's esophagus is not cancer. It is a risk factor for cancer.

P.S. very enjoyable interview

Correct, been in Italy for a few weeks and just catching up on on this. Just watched the LK interview and its interesting that he talks about Barretts, as that's what i figured he had when he mentioned scrapings. As I have said before, i have it and just get on with life but its aways in the back of your mind what the next scraping may reveal. That said, you have medication (omerprazole) and try to manage your diet to avoid acid triggers i.e. Oranges, Tomatoes, Red Wine (of which I have drunk a full bottle tonight but your only here once). I can appreciate why he cancelled all the gigs a few years back because there is no way you could sing with Gerd/Reflux and actually sympathise with him if he didn't know what was going on. The original sympton prior to my diagnosis was a swollen tonsil, would you believe!

That said he may need to appreciate that less is more, i looked on you tube tonight and the LK interview has had 51K hits. I was also sent a link to New Orders new video (their first for 10 years ) and its and its had 250k views yet they don't talk about f*ck all ever?

Thats why I say less is more?

Am still looking forward to the September gig though

Correct, been in Italy for a few weeks and just catching up on on this. Just watched the LK interview and its interesting that he talks about Barretts, as that's what i figured he had when he mentioned scrapings. As I have said before, i have it and just get on with life but its aways in the back of your mind what the next scraping may reveal. That said, you have medication (omerprazole) and try to manage your diet to avoid acid triggers i.e. Oranges, Tomatoes, Red Wine (of which I have drunk a full bottle tonight but your only here once). I can appreciate why he cancelled all the gigs a few years back because there is no way you could sing with Gerd/Reflux and actually sympathise with him if he didn't know what was going on. The original sympton prior to my diagnosis was a swollen tonsil, would you believe!

That said he may need to appreciate that less is more, i looked on you tube tonight and the LK interview has had 51K hits. I was also sent a link to New Orders new video (their first for 10 years ) and its and its had 250k views yet they don't talk about f*ck all ever?

Thats why I say less is more?

Am still looking forward to the September gig though

yeah but thats not really any kind of accurate assessment. how many videos of the interview exist on how many channels over what period of time etc. as for the cancer bit, im still not really sure about the translation issue because when i read the first interview where it gets mentioned its a hard read. i did post a link with a bunch of info on the subject just to get some objectivity. when he talked to the bbc http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29524966 in 2014n it seems to be described pretty accurately and he says he had cancerous tissue removed but when does cancerous tissue become just having cancer. i think most people just hear what they want to

thank you for the download. bling needs to cost a massive amount though and to me that jewelry doesnt look like it would be to to expensive

Regarding the "chattering mind" and the "chattering voice" this Swedish interview from 2006 comes to mind

Interviewer: Personally I suffer from a serious Oedipus-complex, what's your greatest weakness?

Moz: I care too much. Something that might not have been medically defined yet but nevertheless it's my absolute greatest weakness. I feel and care a great deal.

Interviewer: About what?

Moz: About everything and everybody. But I'm not neurotic.

Interviewer: But you mean you can watch something on TV or hear something on the radio and then you react?

Moz: I react very strongly. I become possessed. Totally possessed.

Interviewer: And that becomes your drive to write?

Moz: Yes, but those hours I don’t write or stand on a stage become a bit of a handicap. A short sentence or action from someone can occupy and irritate my mind for hours.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom