Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

Morrissey was not being cold about Norway. I'm sure Morrissey would extend his condolances to the friends and families of 97 people, he's not a f***ing asshole. He does have a "job" here as far as I can tell. To raise awareness of a greater darkness.

I am sure that eating a chicken is a greater darkness than a terrorist attack on actual people. I really would love to know what Morrissey would say if his relatives were killed in the London train bombing. Do you think he would really say that the loss of his sister was horrible but that that the consumption of meat is the real tragedy. The more I think of it the more I realize that Morrissey is an ass.

I have no idea...what you're going on about, apart from you being insane ;)

Thanks...I think. :p

Here's the deal. You know how Jeff Buckley is super f***ing cool and mellow in addition to being a great musician? Part of you probably kind of wants Morrissey to be that, a savoir faire attitude to accompany his amazing voice. But Morrissey has something Jeff Buckley doesn't, it's kind of like an affliction, a higher calling, a burden he carries, this albatross ALWAYS squaking at him tied around his neck. Does he walk around and think of Peta and animals all day and hates all humans? I seriously doubt it. But when he's on stage and everyone is staring at him or sitting in front of an interviewer where a man will broadcast or print his words, he goes into this gear that Jeff Buckley doesn't have. It's his moment to punch and say "I'm here. I'm aware." He's not even necessarily talking to the crowd or the Norwegians, he could be talking to the force. I dunno for sure, but that appears to be what he's doing. Morrissey is an intensely complicated person, not in a diva way, he's like a walking soul sponge, I think it makes him extremely sensitive and volatile but also cosmically to that force to which he directs his angst, kind of powerful. (He's not supposed to know that though but i'm sure he does. :p)

It's hard to explain.

We know why Morrissey said his latest stupid shit -- to get in the press. How do you explain the folks who are actually defending his statement and its timing? :crazy:

Thanks...I think. :p

Here's the deal. You know how Jeff Buckley is super f***ing cool and mellow in addition to being a great musician? Part of you probably kind of wants Morrissey to be that, a savoir faire attitude to accompany his amazing voice. But Morrissey has something Jeff Buckley doesn't, it's kind of like an affliction, a higher calling, a burden he carries, this albatross ALWAYS squaking at him tied around his neck. Does he walk around and think of Peta and animals all day and hates all humans? I seriously doubt it. But when he's on stage and everyone is staring at him or sitting in front of an interviewer where a man will broadcast or print his words, he goes into this gear that Jeff Buckley doesn't have. It's his moment to punch and say "I'm here. I'm aware." He's not even necessarily talking to the crowd or the Norwegians, he could be talking to the force. I dunno for sure, but that appears to be what he's doing. Morrissey is an intensely complicated person, not in a diva way, he's like a walking soul sponge, I think it makes him extremely sensitive and volatile but also cosmically to that force to which he directs his angst, kind of powerful. (He's not supposed to know that though but i'm sure he does. :p)

It's hard to explain.

Jeff is God.

And if he had lived past 30, who knows where he'd be ranked in the history of music.

And not only did he have the perfect voice, but his personality was perfect.

I am sure that eating a chicken is a greater darkness than a terrorist attack on actual people. I really would love to know what Morrissey would say if his relatives were killed in the London train bombing. Do you think he would really say that the loss of his sister was horrible but that that the consumption of meat is the real tragedy. The more I think of it the more I realize that Morrissey is an ass.

Did he say it's greater? I think he's just saying this dark stuff happens under our noses, we've been deprogrammed to recognizing when thigs are out of balance. I can't comment on if tragedy of a national level struck closer to Morrissey and his family, but I can say that he's a man who's been subjected to a lot of death for one person. He's hardened to it perhaps. I am aware that reads as "ass," I'm just saying that he's doing something. He's not just trying to be Ted Nugent and like like a jerk.

We know why Morrissey said his latest stupid shit -- to get in the press. How do you explain the folks who are actually defending his statement and its timing? :crazy:

Oh you shush.

Did he say it's greater? I think he's just saying this dark stuff happens under our noses, we've been deprogrammed to recognizing when thigs are out of balance. I can't comment on if tragedy of a national level struck closer to Morrissey and his family, but I can say that he's a man who's been subjected to a lot of death for one person. He's hardened to it perhaps. I am aware that reads as "ass," I'm just saying that he's doing something. He's not just trying to be Ted Nugent and like like a jerk.

Are you kidding me?

He has been subjected to a lot of death over the years? You are being an apologist and trying to justify comments and actions so that you may continue to justify your image of this guy. The statement he made is douchebaggery in its greatest form. I know people that have been surrounded by death and by that I mean real death.

"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown... Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried S**t every day."

"Thought that is nothing compared to" is a VERY clear demonstration that he considers the consumption of meat to be the bigger horror. Check out the word choice.

The cute little animals don't leave behind them family and friends who will forever be scarred by the tragedy in Norway. They will live with it for the rest of their lives and feel a gaping hole in their hearts.

I'm just saying that he's doing something. He's not just trying to be Ted Nugent and like like a jerk.

Ted Nugent is actually pretty smart.

Check this interview out, as it relates to chickens and factory farming:

Ted Nugent is a long-time hunter, rocker, and sheriff with 30 million records and 60 years of sobriety. He's also a long-time opponent of factory farms and a loud advocate of grow and (especially) hunt your own. (Obviously, he will not be sharing a table this Thanksgiving with Jonathan Safran Foer.) Recently the still-touring Nugent called from his Michigan ranch to talk turkey farming, waste-management, and how hunting will save America. Nugent speaks:

Are you . . . organic?
We're hard-core organic.

How did that come about?
Well, in my 20s I took a terminally ill teenager hunting-he was dying of leukemia and that was his last wish, hunting with Uncle Ted-and after that I started examining just this infestation of chemicals and toxins everything, in our cabinetry, in our pillows and bedding, and the just vile processing of foodstuffs. From infancy these poor children are inundated with processed chemicals, and of course everything's based on convenience and marketing, which even makes kids think cancer is cool: "Light one of these babies up and you'll really be sexy." Jesus Christ.

You've been a hunter all your life . . .
Since I could walk, yeah.

Which can't be too popular amongst the rock stars.
Yeah. In the 60s I was watching all of these numb nuts in the world of entertainment just puking and dying and stinking and drooling and making dickheads out of themselves, and they'd make fun of me for being a shooter. But meanwhile, they're dropping like flies and I was like 'Wait a minute. I'm really healthy, and I'm really happy . . . So funk you.'

Why do you advocate hunting as a way of life?
Hunting is really about a higher level of awareness of one's consumerism. It's one of the last perfect functions a human being can participate in, consuming lick for lick. That's what environmentalism should be about-responsible cause and effect with minimal waste. And that's the whistle that needs to be blown the loudest right now: a wasteful nation just gaga over convenience, gluttony, and consumerism. We need to be conciencous about the amount of waste we generate. It's astounding-the amount of food that America wastes and the fact that America's the fattest nation in the world.

Why are you such a long-time vocal opponent of turkey and chicken farms?
Because most of the birds live in miserable conditions. I mean, God bless farmers and God bless turkeys-they're a delicious funkin' fowl-but just the amount of feces they consume in typical poultry operation is off the charts insane. And free-range is a step in the right direction, but ultimately everybody should be hunting pheasants and quails and doves and woodcock and grouse. I've never eaten a grouse in my life that ate its own shit, but I can guarantee you've never had a piece of turkey that didn't eat it's own shit.

What's something I can do, as a guy whose going to the store after work today?
You should go get your Goddamn shotgun and return to the great outdoors! Because I guarantee you that-where are you, Manhattan?

Yeah.
I Goddamned guarantee you that within a half hour of where you are right now there's good water fowl and deer hunting, and some good pheasant, quail, and dove hunting. Kill your own fowl! I'm not talking about a bigger cage. I'm talking about truly free range. And it's not just healthier, and tastier. The actual act of hunting and gathering is spiritually invigorating. It'll just make you feel better.

What can consumers do to improve the food we buy?
We need to talk more about the quality of our diet and environment, and how we grow that which is in our diet. It's not going to happen overnight, because we're still so entrenched in the Industrial Revolution that the system's going to take another 25 to 50 years to upgrade in a meaningful way. It can be done, but we have to shape the dialog.

Have you seen improvements in the meat industry?
Yes. There are upgrades taking place, where there's free-range chicken operations that are much healthier, much cleaner. Same with cattle and hot operations. We can't be overwhelmingly demanding, because if we force chicken farmers to change overnight, that Chicken McNugget'll cost $29.95. But they're improving, and they're becoming more environmentally conscientious, and I think at some point the consumers have to demand that. Not the bureaucrats, but we the people.

What about shopping for food for the holidays?
Well, certainly you're going to pay a premium for free-range beef and chicken, and that's much healthier. But my number one recommendation: Central Park with a pellet rifle. Or a rubber band and some big paper clips. Start shooting funking pigeons. That's called squab, baby!

Ted-thank you.
Godspeed with garlic 'n butter. Live it up.

Are you kidding me?

He has been subjected to a lot of death over the years? You are being an apologist and trying to justify comments and actions so that you may continue to justify your image of this guy. The statement he made is douchebaggery in its greatest form. I know people that have been surrounded by death and by that I mean real death.

"Thought that is nothing compared to" is a VERY clear demonstration that he considers the consumption of meat to be the bigger horror. Check out the word choice.

I'm not an apologist, I'm just trying to bring to light a strange side of Morrissey that I think he hides. I am aware the comment is inappropriate. A douchebag would say "The humans had a coming to them." He's just saying "Darkness is everpresent."

Ted Nugent is actually pretty smart.

Check this interview out, as it relates to chickens and factory farming:

Ted Nugent has just gone up in my estimation. If you're gonna kill something you should at least do it the courtesy of eating it or using it. Round where I live, up on the moors, there's a lot of grouse shooting. And they do it for fun, nothing more, nothing less. Now that's shitty.

P.

Ted Nugent has just gone up in my estimation. If you're gonna kill something you should at least do it the courtesy of eating it or using it. Round where I live, up on the moors, there's a lot of grouse shooting. And they do it for fun, nothing more, nothing less. Now that's shitty.

P.

I agree with this, this is where Morrissey and I don't see eye to eye I suspect. But I have a hard time saying NO ANIMALS should be killed for consumption when I'm pouring dog food into my dog's bowl everynight. Factory farming needs to stop, not meat consumption, our pets need to eat.

Ted Nugent played at the fair in my town a number of years ago and from my home I could hear him screaming into his mic to his crowd about f***ing and pussy and cocks and all, it was disgusting and tasteless.

Ted Nugent played at the fair in my town a number of years ago and from my home I could hear him screaming into his mic to his crowd about f***ing and pussy and cocks and all, it was disgusting and tasteless.

Sounds less disgusting and tasteless than Morrissey's speech to be honest. Better to be crude and infantile than cold-hearted, self-serving and vicious.

As for 'use what you kill', I already posted my thoughts here: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-Again?p=1986665367&viewfull=1#post1986665367

Last edited:
I agree with this, this is where Morrissey and I don't see eye to eye I suspect. But I have a hard time saying NO ANIMALS should be killed for consumption when I'm pouring dog food into my dog's bowl everynight. Factory farming needs to stop, not meat consumption, our pets need to eat.

As cynically intelligent and witty as Morrissey can be, he has never had a very rounded view of politics or social issues. He has strong views and all power to him. But he's the kind of person who ends up being a slightly unhinged dictator rather than a democratic politician. Hitler had his own bizarre, extreme ideas, as did Stalin, as did Blair...

Morrissey's the same.

If Moz was PM he'd have meat-eaters flogged, murderers out on probation in 2 weeks, teenage thugs rewarded with free holidays and the pop charts banned entirely - with death by stoning for anyone in possession of a Madonna download.

CrystalGeezer said:
I'm not an apologist, I'm just trying to bring to light a strange side of Morrissey that I think he hides. I am aware the comment is inappropriate. A douchebag would say "The humans had a coming to them." He's just saying "Darkness is everpresent."

No, today he showed that he is a douchebag. You are trying to bring to light a side of someone that you have never met that you THINK they have.

I am going by what someone has actually said.

It is a douchebag comment

#morrissey #douchebag

Wait... Wrong forum

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

P.

The first vaguely thoughtful thing I've ever seen U.S. commit to print.

Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom