Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

If I had to choose between the death of humans and the death of animals I'd have to choose the latter because while both are destruction of life the former would also destroy all those left behind with a connection to those killed. This is probably why the killing of elephants and gorillas upsets people more than the slaughter of, say, alligators. The former form communities and do mourn. Morrissey loves the "brown bear" and the "fox" - we all do - does he care about the slaughter of snakes? Perhaps, but I'd bet it's never crossed his mind.

Interesting, so for you it is the kinship that you have for other humans that makes you value human life more - you "feel" their pain - where as you "feel the pain" of animals less. You value the feeling of "loss" from those left behind (a feeling that you percieve animals lack) above even the value of life - so..... you are that kind of meat eater....

He's just different, let him say what he wants.

I'm sorry, but that's just absolute bollocks. Yes, I understand the point he was trying to make, and he's said similar things in the past, but nevertheless the wording and timing was utterly inappropriate and extremely insensitive. You can't just allow him to do and say whatever he wants without any criticism. I generally agree with Morrissey and can excuse or look past the gaffes he makes, but this is disappointing. He's not beyond fault just because he's somehow "different".

If I had to choose between the death of humans and the death of animals I'd have to choose the latter because while both are destruction of lifeot the former would also destroy all those left behind with a connection to those killed. This is probably why the killing of elephants and gorillas upsets people more than the slaughter of, say, alligators. The former form communities and do mourn. Morrissey loves the "brown bear" and the "fox" - we all do - does he care about the slaughter of snakes? Perhaps, but I'd bet it's never crossed his mind.

Totally agree,death is about the survivors.

If I had to choose between the death of humans and the death of animals I'd have to choose the latter because while both are destruction of life the former would also destroy all those left behind with a connection to those killed. This is probably why the killing of elephants and gorillas upsets people more than the slaughter of, say, alligators. The former form communities and do mourn. Morrissey loves the "brown bear" and the "fox" - we all do - does he care about the slaughter of snakes? Perhaps, but I'd bet it's never crossed his mind.

The point you are missing is that there is another option other than killing and death and horror and loss - not killing

If you value a life at all you shouldn't kill it for food when there is other food around?

I'm sorry, but that's just absolute bollocks. Yes, I understand the point he was trying to make, and he's said similar things in the past, but nevertheless the wording and timing was utterly inappropriate and extremely insensitive. You can't just allow him to do and say whatever he wants without any criticism. I generally agree with Morrissey and can excuse or look past the gaffes he makes, but this is disappointing. He's not beyond fault just because he's somehow "different".

but he said it on stage (his stage) before singing "Meat is Murder" - this is perhaps the only fit time to say it - it is the point of the song

but when is the day for those those that were killed for wanting an end to the killing?

I believe the saying on twitter goes like this...

#TryingTooHard

Anyway I am out - Time to go have some fun...

For some of us that are a little older and remember this as the anthem...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah so because they "don't mourn properly" its okay to slaughter them. right..........i see...

No.What I'm saying is that the Norwegian tragedy is far worse because of the humans that will have to deal
with it for the rest of their lives.Something SPM can't quite seem to comprehend.

No.What I'm saying is that the Norwegian tragedy is far worse because of the humans that will have to deal
with it for the rest of their lives.Something SPM can't quite seem to comprehend.

Well said.I hadn't appreciated this post, but you're damn right.

P.

but he said it on stage (his stage) before singing "Meat is Murder" - this is perhaps the only fit time to say it - it is the point of the song

The point of the song is that animal slaughter is as bad as human slaughter, not that an act of terrorism that killed nearly 100 people is "nothing compared to" KFC et al. Because the latter is what he said, purportedly. I say this as a vegetarian who is passionate about animal rights- my point was that he worded it terribly, and that it was insensitive to make a comment like that less than a week after the event.

The point of the song is that animal slaughter is as bad as human slaughter, not that an act of terrorism that killed nearly 100 people is "nothing compared to" KFC et al. Because the latter is what he said, purportedly. I say this as a vegetarian who is passionate about animal rights- my point was that he worded it terribly, and that it was insensitive to make a comment like that less than a week after the event.

The point is Meat IS Murder, they are the same - therfore 100 deaths in a day is "nothing compared to" the millions ever day

Can you unban Morrissey the 23rd?Would love to hear his opinion on all of this.

I have his number on my phone. He's stayed at my house. I do like him very much. He's a really nice guy to be around, especially at the time of gigs. However, what he did with David...like I said, he's a really, really nice guy, but fanaticism can blind the most seeing.

P.

but how do you know how animals feel? and what social role does the feeling of loss plays in human behaviour? why do we feel this way - why does it matter that animals (apparently) don't and why do you value the loss of "being left behind" above the actual life itself? - very strange

I have his number on my phone. He's stayed at my house. I do like him very much. He's a really nice guy to be around, especially at the time of gigs. However, what he did with David...like I said, he's a really, really nice guy, but fanaticism can blind the most seeing.

P.

A lot of psychopaths seem nice until you really know them.But I do like to hear the "other side" too.Nothing
worse than a world where everyone thinks the same.

but how do you know how animals feel? and what social role does the feeling of loss plays in human behaviour? why do we feel this way - why does it matter that animals (apparently) don't and why do you value the loss of "being left behind" above the actual life itself? - very strange

Once put to the sword/abattoir/random shooting,you're gone.I would argue that for the most part humans because of their awareness of mortality are more affected than most other animals.

Since the world is coming down about 99.9% against Morrissey on this one, I was wondering if the usually silent band members stand behind Morrissey's statement and its timing.

Here's Boz's new Facebook pic (anti-McDonalds t shirt):

211596_563919199_6926480_n.jpg

Plus, Boz comments:

Lee McFadden ‎Boz Boorer - you've spent many a year in the employ of this guy - it must be getting harder to justify every time he opens his mouth
Boz Boorer why do I have to justify anything ?

Make of it what you will.

Once put to the sword/abattoir/random shooting,you're gone.I would argue that for the most part humans because of their awareness of mortality are more affected than most other animals.

and so because they are (apparently) unaware of mortality its okay to kill them violently for food when surrounded by other food that comes without suffering and death?

Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom