Morrissey on Politics, David Bowie, What His Fans Taught Him - interview in Rolling Stone

This sorry site really is dedicated to misery. A fabulous interview such as this - a genuine joy to read, full of quotable gems - and it garners only a handful of comments, with Skinny witheringly grumpiness as usual.
Cheer up and move on in your life if this doesn't bring you any pleasure.

Yes, when will David T finally wake up and put this sick person out of his misery one wonders...

Anyway, to more important things:
Yes, beautiful interview, music is eternity, and one can only hope he will record and tour for many years to come. But if not, the lagacy is there.

This sorry site really is dedicated to misery. A fabulous interview such as this - a genuine joy to read, full of quotable gems - and it garners only a handful of comments, with Skinny witheringly grumpiness as usual.

i'm too shy to f***ing comment.

You don't get it. That's what gives him pleasure.

Spin:

Finally, An Interview Where Morrissey Doesn’t Say Anything Insane.

"Morrissey has managed to do what may have recently seemed impossible and given an interview where he doesn’t sound like an Infowars host. Granted, the interview took place with Rolling Stone writer Rob Sheffield, who has something in common with Morrissey–a deep, uncompromising love of Morrissey. It was also conducted over email, which means that the “Bigmouth Strikes Again” singer may have had the time to actually choose his words more carefully."

https://www.spin.com/2017/12/morrissey-interview-lust-rolling-stone/
:)
Regards,
FWD.

Spin:

Finally, An Interview Where Morrissey Doesn’t Say Anything Insane.

"Morrissey has managed to do what may have recently seemed impossible and given an interview where he doesn’t sound like an Infowars host. Granted, the interview took place with Rolling Stone writer Rob Sheffield, who has something in common with Morrissey–a deep, uncompromising love of Morrissey. It was also conducted over email, which means that the “Bigmouth Strikes Again” singer may have had the time to actually choose his words more carefully."

https://www.spin.com/2017/12/morrissey-interview-lust-rolling-stone/
:)
Regards,
FWD.
Surely someone here is upset about something he said.

THE most telling few lines Moz has uttered in years: "I dream constantly about my old bedroom in Manchester. I am always there, it is always 8:35 and time to walk to school, toppling into ditches of rain. Picture a swan being shot during flight." It took guts to say that. Just shows that he will never escape the past. Perhaps nobody really ever does. That interview was his best this year even if it was just a few questions via e-mail.

If this is a sorry site then f*** on off back to your idyllic life. Don't forget to bring out the bins.

THE most telling few lines Moz has uttered in years: "I dream constantly about my old bedroom in Manchester. I am always there, it is always 8:35 and time to walk to school, toppling into ditches of rain. Picture a swan being shot during flight." It took guts to say that. Just shows that he will never escape the past. Perhaps nobody really ever does. That interview was his best this year even if it was just a few questions via e-mail.
I thought that was rather sad. We all pine for moments, feelings, people, and places that are gone forever sometimes. But to do it constantly only distorts and fetishizes the memory until it is warped beyond recognition. Into a perverted and idealized version far from the reality. Even if we could travel back to those moments, they wouldn't be the same because we aren't. For every happy thing discovered, twenty more frustrating/sad/bad ones would appear. Rose colored classes may make dog shit look like chocolate, but they can't change the taste.

I thought that was rather sad. We all pine for moments, feelings, people, and places that are gone forever sometimes. But to do it constantly only distorts and fetishizes the memory until it is warped beyond recognition. Into a perverted and idealized version far from the reality. Even if we could travel back to those moments, they wouldn't be the same because we aren't. For every happy thing discovered, twenty more frustrating/sad/bad ones would appear. Rose colored classes may make dog shit look like chocolate, but they can't change the taste.
I bet the Cure prayer tour 1989 for Disintegration would still look and sound amazing but you're probably right in what you say.

I bet the Cure prayer tour 1989 for Disintegration would still look and sound amazing but you're probably right in what you say.
I did say for every one thing.
If time travel tourism were ever a thing, I've always said that it would be interesting to come home and go on youtube afterwards, and laugh at the old man version of myself dancing and singing along in the front row of concerts that happened before I was even born in a lot of cases.

EDIT: And if I had to pick a Cure tour, it would probably be around the time of In Orange. Probably that show specifically, despite my familiarity.

If you dont vote then you have no right to complain.
Ah no that's not how it works. Your vote doesn't give you the right to complain. One already has that right. And not voting doesn't remove that right.

It's called free speech, not "Vote and now you have permission to speak."

Tags
interview low in high school info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom