Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food (Billboard)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-music-the-beatles-and-the-danger-of-hospital

Some highlights:

On your next tour, you've asked Tom Jones and Sir Cliff Richard to open for you in L.A. and New York respectively. What impresses you most about these veteran frontmen?

Veteran is a gentle way of saying “old,” isn't it? Well, it's only my view of course, but everything is a question of style, and Tom and Cliff qualify greatly in the style department, and age has nothing to do with it. There are millions of obese 19-year olds who only buy clothes that blend in with the couch.

Recently on the True to You website, you likened eating animals to pedophilia, a comparison some may find … extreme. Care to defend your point of view?

I don't need to defend my own point of view. When you eat an animal you subject it to spiritual and physical rape, you eats its breasts ... its rump ... you cut off its genitals ... whichever way you care to look at it, eating animals is violence at its most extreme.

You’re no stranger to controversial viewpoints. Is there anything you’ve said in the press that you’ve regretted?

I'm not controversial at all, and whatever I've said I meant. Amongst all of the people around me, my views are not special. They are only controversial if your brain is stuck in 1957.

So he meant what he said about UKIP? Oh dear.

P.

Recently, the music world celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ landing in America. Were you particularly influenced, musically or otherwise, by the Fab Four?

I thought four of their songs were magnificent, and if a band can give you four magnificent songs then that's good enough for me. But was I ever influenced by the Beatles? No.

I can't help but wonder - which four songs? Or if he's including "Love of the Loved" as one of them.

Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food - Billboard
Interview by M. Tye Comer

Some highlights:

On your next tour, you've asked Tom Jones and Sir Cliff Richard to open for you in L.A. and New York respectively. What impresses you most about these veteran frontmen?

Veteran is a gentle way of saying “old,” isn't it? Well, it's only my view of course, but everything is a question of style, and Tom and Cliff qualify greatly in the style department, and age has nothing to do with it. There are millions of obese 19-year olds who only buy clothes that blend in with the couch.

Recently on the True to You website, you likened eating animals to pedophilia, a comparison some may find … extreme. Care to defend your point of view?

I don't need to defend my own point of view. When you eat an animal you subject it to spiritual and physical rape, you eats its breasts ... its rump ... you cut off its genitals ... whichever way you care to look at it, eating animals is violence at its most extreme.

You’re no stranger to controversial viewpoints. Is there anything you’ve said in the press that you’ve regretted?

I'm not controversial at all, and whatever I've said I meant. Amongst all of the people around me, my views are not special. They are only controversial if your brain is stuck in 1957.

Last edited by a moderator:
...iif a band can give you four magnificent songs then that's good enough for me.

I wonder if he has this approach when it comes to his current crop of collaborating musicians?

Jesus Christ. In terms of PR skills, Morrissey must be the worst animal activist in the world.

Never mind that what about the Norway massacre comments. :angry:

Benny-the-British-Butcher
Yeah, the "subspecies" and Norway massacre comments were much more egregious than a favorable remark about UKIP.

I'm not at all surprised that he doesn't regret saying any of it. After all, has he ever seemed contrite for the myriad of incendiary remarks he's made over the years?

Sour answers, where is his sense of humour?
The answer he gave for the asinine ping-pong question is pretty witty.

Jesus Christ. In terms of PR skills, Morrissey must be the worst animal activist in the world.

He damages the cause every time he opens his mouth.

It's a shame because he did so much in the past and could do so again. By taking the PETA line he aligns himself with extremists, and by association becomes one himself.

Sour answers, where is his sense of humour?

Well, he's working, concentrating on a new masterpiece, remember? I find him less silly than usual. And that's a good thing. (the humour was in the first reply. Yes.)

Plus he's in France. The most serious country in the world. Now is not the time to laugh and be merry.

Re: Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food (Billboard)

Never mind that what about the Norway massacre comments. :angry:

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great answers to stupid questions.

"Heaven knows Morrissey was miserable for much of 2013". Ha! Ha! Ha! I laughed myself wet when I read that! Did others get it?? It was a reference to the Morrissey song "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" - you now, like a pun on the song: his song was "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and she kicked the article off with a headline "Heaven Knows Morrissey was miserable for much of 2013" which was a play on words, making an oblique reference to the Morrissey song of the time title, from one of his early albums. And she also slipped in a reference to "Still Ill"! And Morrissey's been ill! Who is this journalistic Young Turk? She's sharp as a needle!!!!

"...Now that he's found the silver lining to his black cloud..."

Er... Metaphor-Dude...If I were you, I'd be careful with the Weather Forecast lines.

lol

For a periodical devoted to music and the business of music, would it have killed them to ask him more questions about his music? I think most of us here could have predicted the party line on a good number of the topics.

I guess he can't see the head yet.

Re: Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food (Billboard)

Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great answers to stupid questions.

Exactly.

Do these people never get tired of being outraged because somebody holds a different viewpoint to their own? f***wits.

For a periodical devoted to music and the business of music, would it have killed them to ask him more questions about his music? I think most of us here could have predicted the party line on a good number of the topics.

I guess he can't see the head yet.

I think "Morrissey the character" and "Morrissey the musician" are two completely separate people and sadly the press clings to the character. I like to imagine the "Morrissey the human" is more like the musician. Does this make sense? It's like the questions are scripted to get Billboard trending on twitter more than actually wondering what Morrissey is up to. He's recording an album PRESENTLY and they want to talk about if he regrets anything he says. :crazy:

Quite liked this little piece in spite of the dull questions. Morrissey is at his best when he's moody and direct.

For a periodical devoted to music and the business of music

Music?
Confusing: On the side there's something about painting whales...I myself scrolled down and clicked on a link that explained how to pick ANY woman. (I listened to about 15 minutes of it -pretty interesting, too- :) )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom