Morrissey replacement? *gulps*

nightingale+therose

...brush me daddy-o
Just thinking aloud - thought the question merits debate....anyway, the question is:

when Morrissey returns to his life of solitude or shuffles off this mortal coil... do you think his band will/should continue (in which ever guise or lineup is recognisable as a Morrissey lineup) covering/playing Morrissey songs... or would that just be blasphemy?

They could get a Morrissey tribute singer to act as frontman.

Genuinely interested in others opinions on this!
:popcorn:

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Just thinking aloud - thought the question merits debate....anyway, the question is:

when Morrissey returns to his life of solitude or shuffles off this mortal coil... do you think his band will/should continue (in which ever guise or lineup is recognisable as a Morrissey lineup) covering/playing Morrissey songs... or would that just be blasphemy?

You mean like Queen did without Freddie and The Doors without Jim?

Maybe Richard Hawley could fit the bill.....

Jukebox Jury

Poppy Full

Sycophantic slag
Nah. I love Boz as much as the next girl, but it's not him I go to see.

Kewpie

Subscriber

Legally The Smiths was a partnership of Johnny Marr and Morrissey, when Johnny quitted he didn't allow Morrissey to use the name of the band.

Brel

Guttersnipe
They could do an Elvis and all play under a projected image :crazy:

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Legally The Smiths was a partnership of Johnny Marr and Morrissey, when Johnny quitted he didn't allow Morrissey to use the name of the band.

...and your point is what exactly?:crazy:
No one mentioned The Smiths:rolleyes:

And for your grammer...... there is no such word as 'quitted'. 'Quit' would have been fine.

Jukebox Jury

nightingale+therose

...brush me daddy-o
You mean like Queen did without Freddie and The Doors without Jim?
I was thinking of The Doors (ian astbury:love:) and Inxs when i posted this question.
Dont even think about it Nightie,dont even think about it
Nah. I love Boz as much as the next girl, but it's not him I go to see.
I feel your pain Poppy & Billy:tears:
They could do an Elvis and all play under a projected image :crazy:
do you know Brel, much as i hate the idea of them continuing without him - i'd pay to see that!! :p:thumb:
one could arrange a lineup of the (soy)creme of his former musicians. They could belt out his wonderous tunes under a massive screen of frinkiness:blushing:

i'm starting to save for the tickets right now!!!
How would the above work legally Kewpie - do you reckon he'd limit the use of his image?

Top Bottom