Morrissey responds to Billboard report, insists the Harvest relationship is over - true-to-you.net

To each his own. This saga is becoming excessively tedious. The music is getting lost in the business arrangements.

Nudge me when the next album is announced. I'll be listening to Playland.

I’m quite excited for Playland, as well.

To each his own. This saga is becoming excessively tedious. The music is getting lost in the business arrangements.

Nudge me when the next album is announced. I'll be listening to Playland.

This

Johnnys new single 'Easy Money' sounds very promising

I agree with your suggestion that Morrissey was likely brought on board for the sake of brand recognition/attracting new artists. Seeing what they're doing now with deleting Morrissey FB posts and promo websites is not going to help them in the long run, though!

Well, I think it all comes down to this line in the statement:

"Contrary to the assured Billboard report, Capitol-Harvest have very clearly stated that they would have no interest in licensing a second album by Morrissey. Russells (London), who represent Morrissey, are presently concluding Morrissey's relationship with Harvest Records."

Capitol-Harvest are pulling the plug on all of the promotional sites because Moz brought in his lawyers to start working him out of the deal that he agreed to. Which makes the Capitol-Harvest/Morrissey relationship officially toast.

Last edited:
Before anyone asks "What's in it for Capitol-Harvest then?", Morrissey was likely attractive to them in order to build brand recognition for Harvest and their newly signed bands.

He'd also had a long run with the #1 book. I would have thought there would be a lot of interest from folks who hadn't kept up with his career. I assume the record label thought the same thing. Somehow he seems to have released a very good record (by many folks impression and the reviews) yet the book success and the album quality didn't translate into the sales they were expecting (they meaning both Morrissey and Harvest).

I don't understand the interest in a second album at this point. Enjoy this one and if and when Morrissey is ready for another album he will deal with the problem then.

If he's not with harvest then who will be releasing the singles that are expected next month ?

I don't understand the interest in a second album at this point. Enjoy this one and if and when Morrissey is ready for another album he will deal with the problem then.

If he's not with harvest then who will be releasing the singles that are expected next month ?

Well, I'm not quite panicking over the prospects of another album yet, but no pun intended, you could forgive die-hard fans the concern that this poor harvest may turn into a famine. I really hope Morrissey finds a label he can work with soon, even if an album doesn't surface for a few years.

I love WPINOYB, but am more concerned about the fate of the planned tour than the singles. It would be nice if TTY could address that over the next few days, as hopes were really raised by the Lisbon and Dublin "confirmed" dates.

Viva Morrissey.

Re: morrissey harvest records

I only enjoyed "Staircase." I found all of the others to be rather weak in terms of lyrics, and the music did not appeal to me either.

fair. but, don't you think it would be better for your health or mental condition to visit pages of the artists you appreciate and have something in common.

i think morrissey is not going to grow the way you like but the way he is given. i hope you' re grown enough to be aware of that fact. regards.

p.s. apologies

These types of licensing deals weren't common back in the day. ...

The importance of a physical release should never be underestimated. It gets people into record stores and gets them excited for the official album release. Downloading Earth Is The Loneliest Planet didn't get me very excited at all (though I rather like the new album). ...

The only standard is that there is no standard.

well said!

p.s. %

Re: morrissey harvest records

This song didn't move you at all?

"Smiler With Knife" by Morrissey

-Anyone who claims to be a Morrissey fan, and yet is unmoved by this beautiful song, makes no sense to me. Every person is entitled to their opinion but, I don't know....

Quite right Justin - this song is the best thing he's done in decades.
It's one of very few things he's done without Johnny Marr that would have been good enough for inclusion on Hatful of Hollow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvest should have asked themselves, what can we do for Moz, not what can Moz do for Harvest! End Off. Moz does not need anyone. True talent stands alone. Always. In every respect.

What a circus.

Is anyone else just as bored with the circus that surrounds Morrissey

Bored is an understatement. BUT, what the f*** are people to do when such unfair and hateful people wish to bring a person down, you have to comment. Well I do. When I have time.

All of this shit is just so f***ing boring, isn't it?
Make an album, Moz, release the f***ing album and then get on with the c***ing next one; instead of perpetuating all of this tedious f***ing flim-flam.

Yes, I think it's actually quite undignified and unprofessional to air all this dirty laundry.

He'd also had a long run with the #1 book. I would have thought there would be a lot of interest from folks who hadn't kept up with his career. I assume the record label thought the same thing. Somehow he seems to have released a very good record (by many folks impression and the reviews) yet the book success and the album quality didn't translate into the sales they were expecting (they meaning both Morrissey and Harvest).

The book wasn't a smart move at all. It may have sold well, but it did him no good. He portrayed himself as unlikeable, which is the worst way to be portrayed.

People who have read "Autobiography" thought, quite rightly so, "what an asshole!"

Being unlikeable is the biggest turn-off ever.

The book wasn't a smart move at all. It may have sold well, but it did him no good. He portrayed himself as unlikeable, which is the worst way to be portrayed.

People who have read "Autobiography" thought, quite rightly so, "what an asshole!"

Being unlikeable is the biggest turn-off ever.

Yes, he is unlikeable. However, you missed a crucial element, Morrissey is a very honest person.
From the early days of The Smiths he claimed that he didn't like other people and being difficult.

It's not the point of being likeable, but most of us admire him because he hasn't changed at all.

Yes, he is unlikeable. However, you missed a crucial element, Morrissey is a very honest person.
From the early days of The Smiths he claimed that he didn't like other people and being difficult.

It's not the point of being likeable, but most of us admire him because he hasn't changed at all.

Well put.

There is a big difference between being "difficult" and unlikeable.

His Mozjesty treats people like shit, and let's face it, we're all people.

There is a big difference between being "difficult" and unlikeable.

His Mozjesty treats people like shit, and let's face it, we're all people.

Your hobby is to point out other people's weakness and slagging them off online message board.

You are wasting your time and energy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom