Morrissey - Sisterama

First 4 in the collection available via Google Drive here:

Regards,
FWD.

So Laughing Anne does exist, albeit in 'instrumental' version.
I think this had previously been discussed and the conclusion was that it just didn't exist at all.

Sisterama = original title to "Sister, I'm A Poet".
So this is like a sister (panor)ama to the surface discography.
Not too long ago there was a pic on here of a cassette tape (TDK I think) from a studio session, where the Engineer had written 'Sisterama' on it, which sort of, maybe, substantiates your point on it being the original title...either that or the Engineer miswrote the original title on the cassette, or made a joke of the original title. Some people even thought Sisterama was another unavailable & lost track, in addition to the proper Sister I'm A Poet. Guess we'll never know for sure.

So Laughing Anne does exist, albeit in 'instrumental' version.
I think this had previously been discussed and the conclusion was that it just didn't exist at all.
That is the name used. It is not the 4+ minute song instrumental actually called Laughing Anne.
There is ref to a 5'25s version of Laughing Anne via Krix - which is at odds with PJLM.
The Miraval leaker called the 3:21 instrumental that name and it has stuck.
I believe Stephane was correct up until when Krix posted the image below.
All I do know is the track in the NHS/Sisterama is not Laughing Anne.
Regards,
FWD.
(apologies lots of edits going down already trodden ground).

20200531_151111.jpg

Last edited:
That is the name used. It is not the 4+ minute song instrumental actually called Laughing Anne.
There is ref to a 5'25s version of Laughing Anne via Krix - which is at odds with PJLM.
The Miraval leaker called the 3:21 instrumental that name and it has stuck.
I believe Stephane was correct up until when Krix posted the image below.
All I do know is the track in the NHS/Sisterama is not Laughing Anne.
Regards,
FWD.
(apologies lots of edits going down already trodden ground).

View attachment 56799

By calling the track 'Unknown [AKA Laughing Anne]' I meant 'the one that usually goes by the title 'Laughing Anne' but since it seems it is NOT 'Laughing Anne', I retitled it 'Unknown [Laughing Anne]' but should have just renamed it 'Unknown'...

Last edited:
By calling the track 'Unknown [AKA Laughing Anne]' I meant the one that usually goes by the title 'Laughing Anne' but since it seems it is NOT 'Laughing Anne', I retitled it 'Unknown'.
IIRC it is the untitled 3rd instrumental from the session (excluding the Krix information) and Miraval 3 became known as Laughing Anne (and also confused with You Should Have Been Nice To Me).
It's just one of those historical / passing of time things.
Regards,
FWD.

Has d-r paused the Sisterama process? Just wondering when the next great instalment will arrive?

No I think he has a life to deal with , besides Morrissey-solo forum
All good things come to those who have Patience
Lol, point taken FMJ...touche.
Hope you're well in that chemical wasteland. Your posting always reminds me of the track by Moz: Mexico.

Lol, point taken FMJ...touche.
Hope you're well in that chemical wasteland. Your posting always reminds me of the track by Moz: Mexico.
I was thinking the same thing, gettin' nervous without my Sisterama fix. Hope is well with d-r. I'm so grateful for his work.

Back
Top Bottom