Morrissey - Sisterama

So it concludes.
Thanks so much, d-r, for sacrificing both your time & energy to produce all of these precious items; they're very much appreciated.

Couple of queries/notes if you don't mind too much. In the Words That Rhyme section, I could be mistaken, but I can't see:
  • Rainbow Valley (cover of Love Affair song) - B-side to Lady Willpower
  • Julie In The Weeds
  • My Love I'd Do Anything For You
  • That's Alright Mama - Elvis cover
Also, I think the title is incorrect on You Were Good In Your Own Time; it should be You Were Good In Your Time

Couple of queries/notes if you don't mind too much. In the Words That Rhyme section, I could be mistaken, but I can't see:
  • Julie In The Weeds
Also, I think the title is incorrect on You Were Good In Your Own Time; it should be You Were Good In Your Time

Rainbow Valley was never released since the single release was scrapped.

My Love I'd Do Anything For You somehow got mixed up with My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye. It's on the same page. Same With Julie In The Weeds. It's on the same page as Judy Is A Punk.

Not sure where you got the That's Alright Mama cover from.

My Love I'd Do Anything For You somehow got mixed up with My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye. It's on the same page. Same With Julie In The Weeds. It's on the same page as Judy Is A Punk.

Seen, thanks.

I'm sure it's documented somewhere that he covered That's Alright Mama?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen, thanks.

I'm sure it's documented somewhere that he covered That's Alright Mama?
If he did, I've never heard it and can't find a recording of it.

Alain did cover it though, if I'm not mistaken.

I wish I loved spreadsheets. I take photographs of hand written notes just to avoid filling them in.
They're essential, much like process maps/diagrams...& project plans, although I do use Trello for the latter to be more Agile...but we digress.

I wish I loved spreadsheets. I take photographs of hand written notes just to avoid filling them in.
I love spreadsheets. I'd get married to my various Morrissey/Smiths-related spreadsheets if that were legal.

I think I've got maybe 12/13 tabs (pages) (with filters) on my Morrissey spreadsheet, covering Tracks, Albums, Masterpieces, Rockabilly, et al.
I think my biggest obsession are probably live versions/recordings, so much of my documentation is about rating and archiving those.

But there's also the big, ultimate master spreadsheet that includes pretty much every relevant (and a lot of irrelevant) info on every song he's written.

I think my biggest obsession are probably live versions/recordings, so much of my documentation is about rating and archiving those.

But there's also the big, ultimate master spreadsheet that includes pretty much every relevant (and a lot of irrelevant) info on every song he's written.
I've not gone to those lengths, & I'm not too fussed about the 'live' stuff...but I do know you are as you've mentioned it before.

Talking of spreadsheets, & back to one of my earlier points, I have a note on my "Anomalies" tab that 'That's Alright Mama' was possibly covered by either Morrissey or The Smiths. It was mentioned by Skinny (but never verified) when I was trying to trace unknown/unreleased tracks a while ago.

Talking of spreadsheets, & back to one of my earlier points, I have a note on my "Anomalies" tab that 'That's Alright Mama' was possibly covered by either Morrissey or The Smiths. It was mentioned by Skinny (but never verified) when I was trying to trace unknown/unreleased tracks a while ago.
I found the threat but I believe Skinny was referring to Alain covering That's Alright Mama.

Right, ok, maybe I misread what was said. Thanks for checking back.
Well, I love Elvis so if there was another undiscovered cover by Morrissey I'd be very eager to know about it/hear it.

I'd give anything for a chance to listen to The Smiths' version (or at least what's left) of (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I, although it would probably break my heart.

• Julie In The Weeds

Lyric book corrected:
https://we.tl/t-l2sO6OYcSp

Still does not include the words to Stay As You Are.

Back
Top Bottom