Morrissey / Smiths in the media (Channel 4, The Observer, Taylor Swift comparison, book references)

Girl-Afraid posted the link (original post):

Morrissey, Bowie, the Stones: smells like middle age spirit? - Channel 4
Celebrating the icons we grew up with seems to be in fashion, writes Rupa Huq for Channel 4 News, but where are our next Ziggy and Moz going to come from?

Raphael Lambach posted the link (original post):

'We mix ourselves up with music, it moulds itself to us' by Miranda Sawyer, The Observer
Pop's uncanny ability to help us define and understand our lives makes it more powerful than film or books

According to Rolling Stone, Taylor Swift is like Morrissey

kissmyshadestoo posted the link (original post):

Taylor Swift's 'Red' Tour: Her Amps Go Up to 22 by Rob Sheffield - RollingStone

Excerpt:

Seeing Taylor onstage now is just like seeing Morrissey in 1992 – that same level of total commitment, total fan fervor, total connection between audience and performer. I've compared Taylor to Morrissey many times, but no other performer really hits that same pitch of happy/free/confused/lonely hormonal anguish with so much wit and empathy. Moz sang "the sun shines out of our behinds," Tay sings "people throw rocks at things that shine," but they're coming from the same place. (People said lovin' you was red, and they were half right.) They share the conviction that their moods are the universe and expressing them is the reason the universe exists. This is a useful conviction for a singer to have, even if it's more dangerous for the rest of us. But Taylor wears it like a true arena-rock goddess at an amazing peak.

Book Patrol: The Smiths On The Shelf

Uncleskinny posted (original post):

I like this a lot.

http://www.bookpatrol.net/2013/04/the-smiths-on-shelf.html?m=1

poster prints can be bought from here...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/125536991/special-offer-all-4-the-smiths-studio?ref=shop_home_feat

"I Know Very Well How I Got My Name" by Elliott DeLine to be released May 1, 2013

Press Release:
Elliott DeLine Announces The Coming Release Of His Second Book

April 1st 2013, Syracuse, NY—Today Elliott DeLine announces the title of his upcoming novella: ‘I Know Very Well How I Got My Name.’ It is scheduled for release May 1st 2013, online at Createspace and Amazon.com. The presale period is April 1st through 7th. (Click here to pre-order!)

I Know Very Well How I Got My Name a prequel to DeLine’s critically acclaimed novel Refuse. It follows transgender protagonist Dean from kindergarten to high school and centers on his troubled relationship with a girl named Amy Wagner.

Last August, DeLine started a Kickstarter to fund his writing of the book. He wrote, “This book will be largely focused on abuse, and the prevailing myths about the fixed roles of the anatomy and identities involved.” The book was ignited by DeLine’s skepticism of the recent anti-gay-bullying rhetoric, as well as his frustration with the narrow scope of many rape-prevention campaigns.

Please visit elliottdelineofficial.wordpress.com for more information.

elliot_deline.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey / Smiths in the media (Channel 4, The Observer, Taylor Swift c

Swift is a meat eater and wears dead animals. Her songs are not that deep or intelligent. Her insightfullness about the age 22 is odd. I haven't been to a Swift show, but I doubt they are as violent as a Moz '92 show.

Re: Article: Morrissey / Smiths in the media (Channel 4, The Observer, Taylor Swift c

Sorry, had to be done.

36918074.jpg

Swift is a meat eater and wears dead animals. Her songs are not that deep or intelligent. Her insightfullness about the age 22 is odd. I haven't been to a Swift show, but I doubt they are as violent as a Moz '92 show.

Ffs it was only one shitbag in my way.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom