Morrissey solo career, and his albums need to sound like The Smiths?

H

Hey-Ho

Someone here mentioned something about Vauxhal and I to be closer to The Smiths, or something, but I don't think you can measure the quality of a Moz album using this kind of comparison. Those were Morrissey & Marr songs, there's no way to expect the beauty and perfection of Johnny's tunes and Morrissey attitude of that time. It was a moment of pop music you simply can't compare to any other thing Moz did after that. I mean that Moz doesn't need to keep his "Smiths" soul as a weight on his back.

Decipher what the Smiths sound was... thats the trick to it. Yes Marr was insanely good. What the original Smiths sound was before Strangeways was that it was fairly raw and simplistic. All bands do it...more money more production. Maybe Morrissey spends too much time in the studio perfecting the sounds he ultimately wants to acheive. Ithink if he did a Beck Mutations idea where he gets a good raw producer and bangs a song out in a day or 2 and thats the limit he will create a fairly uniques sound and odd take on himself.

Who knows... just hope the vibe changes as oppossed the the blur of albums that he has created.

>
you are right on man!

moz needs to head in a new direction.

he cant keep spilling the same old stuff.

he needs a new twist and I HELP will do that deed.

What the hell- I'll add my two cents. I'm not suggesting Moz drop the current band, but i would like to see him do more collaborations. Mix it up with different producers. Work with some old co-horts (Nevin, Vini Reilly). I'm afraid to mention it, but maybe doing something like Santana's 'Supernatural', and invite along some guests Divine Comedy, Radiohead, pulp, Suede, Moby, Axl Rose, I don't know... something to get the inspiration going again

Back
Top Bottom