Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

As part of the ongoing changes, from now on the site previously known as "Morrissey-solo.com" is changing to "MorrisseyLoversUnited.com". Please change your bookmarks accordingly.

This change signifies a move away from the past site's reputation of negativity in advance of the new releases and tour. Rather than keep the open policy on the site, anything deemed negative or otherwise too critical may be removed from the site at any time. Frankly, I also have wanted to change the name for a while as I have really gotten sick of people using the term 'solow' in describing the site.

Further down the road some changes include most likely getting rid of anonymous comments as many people have requested. One person pointed out a little while ago that "the site was rendered obsolete by Facebook, Wikipedia, and various search engine options." At first I dismissed the idea but after some consideration it does appear to be happening so I will be making some more changes such as using Facebook to handle the commenting. I look at Facebook and they are growing at an amazing rate and most comments posted there are nice and supportive. I hardly see anyone attacking anyone else and everyone is friends, isn't that an ideal environment for discussion?

Fellow Morrissey lovers, this is our time, at last. Unite and Take Over!

Last edited:
I, for one, welcome these changes. It's about time this site got on board with the Internet's general trend of being a supportive, positive environment. I mean, who wants to go on a Web site where people can freely post their opinions and engage in actual discussions? I'm all for expressing your opinion about Morrissey, but only if it's positive! Besides, if you post negative comments about Morrissey, you cannot be a true fan. True-to-You will always be my favorite Web page, but now Morrissey Lovers United will be a close second. As Morrissey says: Love, peace, and harmony = very nice!
"Love , Peace, and Harmony, ahhh very nice, very nice, verrrry nice, maybe in the next world".... "My life has been spent in ruins, because of people who are nice". "I will NOT change, I will NOT be nice!". That just about sums it up, save for, what to do with those sub-species chinamen???...Hilarious this world, simply hilarious

because robby is a crashing bore, talks about masterbating episodes, unnecessary flirting with lesbians-hoping that'll have a chance, running his mouth when he shouldn't have, revealing personal info out of stupidity, meth and thinks he used to "reign" here, when he was just a jerk obsessing over his ex-chinawoman who used him for money - for that, he was trolled, being a boring retard, but we's still love'em AND his mom

because robby is a crashing bore, talks about masterbating episodes, unnecessary flirting with lesbians-hoping that'll have a chance, running his mouth when he shouldn't have, revealing personal info out of stupidity, meth and thinks he used to "reign" here, when he was just a jerk obsessing over his ex-chinawoman who used him for money - for that, he was trolled, being a boring retard, but we's still love'em AND his mom

okay...... so are you Paul?

PLEASE don't get rid of anonymous comments .

If I can't write about Propey and Wally and Mozzy whats the fookin' point?

If this is an April Fool's day joke, then Mr Tseng, you kill me.

If this is the God's honest truth, then my respect for you has multiplied tenfold, as I am one of the people absolutely disgusted by the anonymous hate,
and constant bashing, no matter the topic at hand.

Please... I want to believe, as this is a step in a terrific new direction for the site.:thumb:

Last edited:
Is this a "joke"? - Whilst I think you should moderate the negative unfounded rumors and damaging gossip about Morrissey and his crew that often pollutes the FRONT pages of this place and also actively prevent the damaging links to leaks of new material on these pages that always dog releases, i don't think you need to get rid of anonymous as i like his/her contribution. There is a difference between censorship and moderation. Everything in moderation i say, but some of your moderators are rude beyond belief and act more like the very worst kind of smug prefect (you know who your are), there needs to be a cull and soon. The facebook comment make me think you must be joking but if you think this joke is funny then you MUST be joking. Either way it isn't really the negativity that is the problem its the damaging lies reported, publicized and circulated on here that are the problem - who is laughing now?.... i shudder to think.

I wonder what all your 'fans' would think if they knew what you got up to in the past Paul? You don't like me because I am one of the very few people who know exactly what you've got up to over the years, because I was behind the scenes watching on this site. I could make a list. would you like me to?

Paul..? Paul...? Surely not. Mr Gadd?
glitterEPA1908_450x514.jpg

I hope this is a joke. MorrisseyLoversUnited.com doesn't exactly roll of the tongue.

Is this a "joke"? - Whilst I think you should moderate the negative unfounded rumors and damaging gossip about Morrissey and his crew that often pollutes the FRONT pages of this place and also actively prevent the damaging links to leaks of new material on these pages that always dog releases, i don't think you need to get rid of anonymous as i like his/her contribution. There is a difference between censorship and moderation. Everything in moderation i say, but some of your moderators are rude beyond belief and act more like the very worst kind of smug prefect (you know who your are), there needs to be a cull and soon. The facebook comment make me think you must be joking but if you think this joke is funny then you MUST be joking. Either way it isn't really the negativity that is the problem its the damaging lies reported, publicized and circulated on here that are the problem - who is laughing now?.... i shudder to think.

I wonder what all your 'fans' would think if they knew what you got up to in the past Paul? You don't like me because I am one of the very few people who know exactly what you've got up to over the years, because I was behind the scenes watching on this site. I could make a list. would you like me to?

Quit feeding the troll, would you?
Between the two of you, I've got a headache already...

Don't tell me what to do. Thanks.

Idiots. All of you. How can you all be so queer? THE ONLY REASON this site is good is because of the anonymous-intelligent-funny people/trolls. Do we really want 600 posts from Robby or Dave or Theo rambling on about their on and off again meth addictions or the Democrats? IN fact, I think ALL POSTS should be anonymous, what are you trying to prove? "They're only trying to make their name with..." -Morrissey. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT "anonymous comments", it's about Morrissey and his solo career and those involved (including The Smiths), good or bad, NOT ABOUT YOU. Why can't you get this through your thick skulls? Take all the negative opinions away and you have: BORING. Most of your lives are sad (and so is mine), but when I come here, do I really want to hear positive comments such as, "Lusty's voice is beautiful!" (gag) or, "I feel, as an irregular regular, I should be heard more, oh and I went to a Smiths show in 1977 and I feel Morrissey's greatest track is, 'What Do You See In Him?'"

Don't be stupid.

It's April fools, you're too dense to notice. David isn't going to change a thing and rightfully so and thank god. Davidt is a major reason for revitalizing Morrissey's career in America, not Julia, not anyone else. He does his best, it's obvious and he's doing just fine. I say that and I don't even think I like Davidt, even though he is a very nice guy, but the facts are the facts and I appreciate what he's done over the last 15+ years - he certainly doesn't need the advice or opinions of a whole bunch of REGISTERED people doped up on anti-depressants. VIVA ANONYMOUS!

This is all true and humorous. Well done, Anonymous person.

David T, you got me with your April Fool's joke! I believed you. I'm ashamed, but it feels good to get "got" every now and then. Keeps me on my toes. I love Solo and I am even adjusting well to the new format. I've said it before and I will again, thank you.

Don Rice
Okc, Ok.

I guess I should have remained anonymous.

What a shame you didn't realise this sooner. Nothing will ever undo the damage that's been done as a result of your 'Laissez faire' policy. You'll no doubt blame 'rogue' site users, or 'trolls', as you've rushed to label anyone who didn't toe the SoLow line on things, for posting hurtful, harmful, and downright malicious filth, but let's never forget, you and you alone always had the power to remove anything you deemed unacceptable, and the fact that you've repeatedly left vicious and malevolent posts displayed on the site, regardless of how many people complained, while gleefully removing posts that criticised you personally, will never be forgotten.
This site is now a source of quite considerable revenue from advertisers, and it's this and this alone which has brought about your sudden change of heart. You're simply protecting your commercial interests like the base and vulgar creature you are.
This site will always be referred to as SoLow, and you will always be despised for allowing Morrissey's name to be dragged through fifteen miles of shit on a daily basis here.
Rot in Hell Mr. Tseng.

Julia Riley is just bitter because her site is SHIT....keep up the good work David!

hey, very funny
have just watched the social network on dvd whilst consuming three bottles of pale ale
looking forward to the shows in scotland

Some folks been liking Morrissey for years without knowing about this insipid site and don't need for you to collect your thoughts trying to gain rank whilst stalking and collecting things he did not even authorize. I think your collective appreciation and representation of people who love this guy is an abomination because you are mean and rude and nasty and trashy like a friggin rag paper not worth buying. I think it is crappy for you to pass judgement on others who are fans of his as if you are some bought consciousness and are mysteriously more enlightened than anyone else. There are people who have liked him for years who are not assholes and did not need your crutch to support that realization.I sure as f*** hope if he reads this he realizes such things.This site really does create the stereotype of Morrissey fans being assholes. The rest of the people who just liked him because they did never pay attention to this shit because they do not need to. They just are. Really you are a mockery of your own self for being so shitty to people. You are not GOD and neither is he.Try thinking for yourself for once.Seriously, you are not nice people and make other Morrissey fans seem like jerks when they are not and to try to organize that in any way that alienates people truly sucks and I hope you grow up. Some people liked him before this lame site was created and some people never notice it period but they just like him and don't need your assistance to approve or disapprove because they are just themselves. Nice life if it took you that long to figure it out you are nasty and mean people .

Some folks been liking Morrissey for years without knowing about this insipid site and don't need for you to collect your thoughts trying to gain rank whilst stalking and collecting things he did not even authorize. I think your collective appreciation and representation of people who love this guy is an abomination because you are mean and rude and nasty and trashy like a friggin rag paper not worth buying. I think it is crappy for you to pass judgement on others who are fans of his as if you are some bought consciousness and are mysteriously more enlightened than anyone else. There are people who have liked him for years who are not assholes and did not need your crutch to support that realization.I sure as f*** hope if he reads this he realizes such things.This site really does create the stereotype of Morrissey fans being assholes. The rest of the people who just liked him because they did never pay attention to this shit because they do not need to. They just are. Really you are a mockery of your own self for being so shitty to people. You are not GOD and neither is he.Try thinking for yourself for once.Seriously, you are not nice people and make other Morrissey fans seem like jerks when they are not and to try to organize that in any way that alienates people truly sucks and I hope you grow up. Some people liked him before this lame site was created and some people never notice it period but they just like him and don't need your assistance to approve or disapprove because they are just themselves. Nice life if it took you that long to figure it out you are nasty and mean people .

Oh shut the f*** up, pompous ass. You are the very same thing that you're condemning, could you be anymore boring? Without this site, Morrissey is nothing more than Andy Rourke, at best. Morrissey fans are good people AND f***ing rotten people (this includes you), so what? It's no different than the real world. Pull the stick out of your ass, quit taking things so seriously. IT'S JUST LETTERS AND WORDS. Morrissey can shoot his f***ing mouth off about the Chinese, Margaret Thatcher, George Bush, Tony Blair, David Bowie, PEOPLE WHO EAT MEAT, Elton John, Depeche Mode, Mike Joyce, and AMERICANS BEING FAT, Asian Ruts, Bengali IN Platforms, and Reggae. BUT! People who come to this site should be "polite" and maintain some sort of cooth? Are you even aware how f***ing stupid you sound? We are a product of Morrissey. And we, in fact, are apart of Morrissey as much as Morrissey's pasty inner-thighs are apart of Morrissey. If you hate us, you hate Morrissey. And if you say that you don't need this site, THEN WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU DOING HERE AND WRITING COMMENTS FOR? Dumbass.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom