Morrissey-solo moved to the cloud

A long planned move has finally been completed, Morrissey-solo has moved from being hosted on a 7 year old physical server to being hosted in the Amazon cloud (AWS). I believe most issues have been worked out but please let me know if anything is not working properly.

Since the changes were all infrastructure-related, you may not notice any difference, that's actually ideal. The work began several months ago and during the quiet couple weeks over the holiday I was able to complete it quicker than expected.

The web servers are now 'stateless' so it's more scalable - easy to add/remove servers depending on the load. Going forward there will be less likelihood of downtime, more resiliency in the form of easy site site snapshots, greater flexibility to work on features and take advantage of the latest cloud technologies.

This move is significant in that it greater ensures Morrissey-solo continues on and moves forward - now, today, tomorrow and always...

Thanks David for all your effort and keepong the site up to date and alive and kicking as a very informative and interesting internet community.

That even discusses subjects which surpasses the main point of interest.
Although I would say almost any subject has it’s connection with Moz and The Smiths! :thumb:

head in the cloud and a mouthful of pie.morrissey foretold this years ago.

I tried IE and it worked for me. Try reloading again or restarting the browser.

Unable to access via Internet Explorer
"
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log"

Working great on Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for keeping it going!

So we are on Amazon now while their swedish hub is being built in Eskilstuna, cool man.

Winnie Wong will not like that cause I read about her anti-Amazon stance long ago. I wonder if your next president Oprah Winfrey will offer her a campaign job or even more.

Missile soon launched with the coordinates of the house I live in.

INCOMING!

2583642C-3F2E-46D0-AAEC-E8774FF84F6F.jpeg
Youre moving in the wrong direction. Can we please go back to hard copies of Sing Your Life? In 100 years the cloud will be dead and buried but my Sing Your Life’s will remain!

No problems in a small city in the south of the Netherlands.

Thanks David for making Morrissey-solo , since you started, better and more easy to use for us.

Thanks we're now on the cloud

David T -- thanks for keeping this place running for over 20 years now (!).
Older than Google. That is something.

Have to ask (no ill will or subtext) -- are you still persona non grata at Morrissey gigs?
Have you been to any in recent years?

"This move is significant in that it greater ensures Morrissey-solo continues on and moves forward - now, today, tomorrow and always..."

Nothing screams progress like a vBulletin interface from 2005.

Have to ask (no ill will or subtext) -- are you still persona non grata at Morrissey gigs?
Have you been to any in recent years?

I think the below screenshot of a recent email sent to my personal email address via Spotify answers the question once and for all officially. In all seriousness, it took some time but I've worked out that the whole subject doesn't really matter. The site itself is the result of the contributions of the community and my work and funding in creating the platform, independent of the subject. I'm open to constructive input on how the site is run but Morrissey hasn't ever given any.

morrissey_spotify_email.JPG

I think the below screenshot of a recent email sent to my personal email address via Spotify answers the question once and for all officially. In all seriousness, it took some time but I've worked out that the whole subject doesn't really matter. The site itself is the result of the contributions of the community and my work and funding in creating the platform, independent of the subject. I'm open to constructive input on how the site is run but Morrissey hasn't ever given any.

View attachment 43487
Well I hope you get to go to some Moz concerts in the coming months/years. Surely nobody could hold a grudge that long. In fairness, despite the odd psycho, this site has done a lot to help people stay interested in the world of Moz, including upcoming albums and tours etc., so overall I think Moz should be indebted to you.

Well I hope you get to go to some Moz concerts in the coming months/years. Surely nobody could hold a grudge that long. In fairness, despite the odd psycho, this site has done a lot to help people stay interested in the world of Moz, including upcoming albums and tours etc., so overall I think Moz should be indebted to you.

Er... I think he could, and has!

View attachment 43487

That's a noble position. "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned". Some people don't get that.

That's a noble position. "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned". Some people don't get that.
Like for instance the person that wrote this post who is my personal nominee for ‘angriest person on Morrissey-Solo.’ :lbf:

Good news. Sometimes members infuriate me, but the site logistics seem impressive to my admittedly vague notions of these things, and I always find the site engaging.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom