Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:
He never said he supported her or said he didn't. He is correct. MsNBC doesn't even allow pro Trump conversation. I think it's great but is it good journalism? Is it fair?
The anti-Trump media bash has died down considerably since the Syria air strikes. Suddenly the snowflake media found itself in a spot of bother and chose to stay silent.

But today some mainstream media claim the new bomb he used (the proof that nukes are a hoax) killed peasants.

What a daft way to interact with people. The initial statement gets an adverse reaction on a band member's personal page with an audience of less than 5k people... to then have to clarify things because the person responding to questions can't answer them.
As much as I like the music - this really is just the most ridiculous way to act towards your audience. He's said lots of provocative things in the past and it didn't change my listening habits - nor will this, but the way he is choosing to communicate things is getting worse.
The bit before the amendment:

"I understand this is a sensitive topic but keep opinions, opinions and not offenses. It is my personal FB so debate is welcome but insults and berating are not. And keep in mind, his statements are about the media. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank you all...very much. Con amor, - g"

Regards,
FWD.

What a daft way to interact with people. The initial statement gets an adverse reaction on a band member's personal page with an audience of less than 5k people... to then have to clarify things because the person responding to questions can't answer them.
As much as I like the music - this really is just the most ridiculous way to act towards your audience. He's said lots of provocative things in the past and it didn't change my listening habits - nor will this, but the way he is choosing to communicate things is getting worse.

"I understand this is a sensitive topic but keep opinions, opinions and not offenses. It is my personal FB so debate is welcome but insults and berating are not. And keep in mind, his statements are about the media. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank you all...very much. Con amor, - g"

Regards,
FWD.
HELP MA KILT

Moz will now come out as a nazi and will start a Bowie like era wearing nazi uniforms.

NS_Feb_2016_7.png

Well having seen some of the debate it looked like Macron beat her hands down. But these were the edited highlights.
If that fascist c*** becomes President it will be horrendous. I'd prefer a neo-liberal banker to a Nazi

Me too, in my country we had the two kinds, and I managed better with neoliberalism. Nazism ruins your head and your moral values at a higher level, the worst economical damage comes later when most people give up the hope of a free life. You have to experiment a nazi regime to understand the damage it makes to the single person and to the society. First, it seems a very good idea, but in the end nazism is a bad economical investement, even when it always rises because of money matters. When you live in a neoliberal economy (too much open society) you are prone to value everything through money lenses, wich is reasonable because you are considered nothing without money. That is why poverty causes the rise of populism and nationalism (too close society). As I see it, extreme neoliberalism causes extreme nationalism or nazism, they are not opposites, they are part of the same process, which is badly managed capitalism. When the pendulum goes too much towards one side, it tends to compensate towards the other side. But imagine parents who lost their jobs and can't feed their children. They will vote for food and shelter no matter what. Wouldn't you?

"For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

As Ketamine Sun would say, define "salute"

Well having seen some of the debate it looked like Macron beat her hands down. But these were the edited highlights.
If that fascist c*** becomes President it will be horrendous. I'd prefer a neo-liberal banker to a Nazi
I'd be more worried about the demise of your football club that a french election that has no impact whatsoever on world politics. If it was Germany then it would matter. French election is like the dutch election light.

France is gone just like Britain and nothing can save them.

As Ketamine Sun would say, define "salute"
Philip salute would be a Hitler salute as the royals in England have always done that salute at major gatherings and I have been there to see it myself.

Maddie is in my basement!

He never really got very good press in England and many things he said was given a negative spin. I remember in autobiography Linder saying something like the British press wouldn't want to believe his popularity in the US. Probably has something to do with why he dislikes the slanted media. He was a victim too.

Regards,
FWD.

His statements seem more and more obtuse and opaque as years go by. It's like he can't make a direct statement about anything anymore. even as much as he could a couple decade ago

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom