Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:
Moz will now come out as a nazi and will start a Bowie like era wearing nazi uniforms.

NS_Feb_2016_7.png

see it here, see it everywhere, people twisting things to fit their agenda.

Looks like a pic from his 'Serious Moonlight' tour, Bowie singing the lyrics to 'China Girl' giving this gesture when he sings the lines ..' Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone',

though this is pure speculation on my part. ;)

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:

Looks like a pic from his 'Serious Moonlight' tour, Bowie singing the lyrics to 'China Girl' giving this gesture when he sings the lines ..' Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone',

2641945.main_image.jpg

Morrissey National Front Disco tour soon to be announced.

tho

Short for 'though.' Most often found in IRCs,IMs, and blogs.
Jeez like I saw this dude fall but he was ok, lolololol. Ouch tho!

by Dark Tree March 05, 2005

tho
Slang word for "though" and used far too often by people who ride fixie bikes, hypebeasts, and any other person(s) who associates themselves with the media. More or less to followers of Drake and Kid Cudi.
Me: Wassup tho?
You: Nothing much tho? What 'bout you tho?
Me: Same tho. Wanna grab a bite to eat tho?
You: Alright tho! I'm hella hungry tho!
Me: Me too tho!
You: :) tho.
#tho #though #drake #kid cudi #hypebeast
by realhiphoplives August 30, 2010

clear.png

Last edited:

tho

Short for 'though.' Most often found in IRCs,IMs, and blogs.
Jeez like I saw this dude fall but he was ok, lolololol. Ouch tho!

by Dark Tree March 05, 2005

tho
Slang word for "though" and used far too often by people who ride fixie bikes, hypebeasts, and any other person(s) who associates themselves with the media. More or less to followers of Drake and Kid Cudi.
Me: Wassup tho?
You: Nothing much tho? What 'bout you tho?
Me: Same tho. Wanna grab a bite to eat tho?
You: Alright tho! I'm hella hungry tho!
Me: Me too tho!
You: :) tho.
#tho #though #drake #kid cudi #hypebeast
by realhiphoplives August 30, 2010
It bothered me too!

A lot of opinions posted on Gustavo facebook page and on here basically are berating Morrissey without even bothering to really understand what he is saying. People are so quick to judge, dislike ratings , troll ratings. No real debate. As if SOMEONE should care what you think of their opinion. Opinion is not news and if you are not very intelligent you may believe the news is facts when it is actually an opinion.

was. She aged so badly

racism is bad, but that's not a very nice comment. People age differently, it depends on how they lived their life, genes or a combination of both.
Let's see how you look when get to be her age.

clear.png

Last edited:
Morrissey has shared a statement about the Wednesday, May 3 French presidential debate. In a post on his keyboardist Gustavo Manzur’s Facebook page, he writes, “Last night [far-right National Front candidate] Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate. Today both the BBC and CNN say [Emmanuel] Macron won the debate.” Morrissey continues, “This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people.” See the post below. Manzur did not immediately respond to Pitchfork’s request for comment.

In June 2016, Morrissey criticized both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. He wrote at the time, “a sad day looms in November—a day that only Bernie Sanders could have saved.” Later, in October, he spoke about Brexit. “As for Brexit, the result was magnificent, but it is not accepted by the BBC or Sky News because they object to a public that cannot be hypnotised by BBC or Sky nonsense,” he said.

Now on pitchfork

Plans for everyone',

Bowie is a tough one as he came outright with some gems. Owning NAZI memorabilia including Dr Goebbels’s desk didn't help! If Moz had said the following, the world's press would have probably exploded:

“Britain is ready for a fascist leader… I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism… I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership…Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars…You’ve got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up.”

(Bowie from Playboy Sept, '76)

That said, the media has been inflating most of what he's done since the 'salute' in Victoria Station '76.
Bowie recanted his 'salute' and attributed a lot of his actions in the early days to his poor mental state/drugs/occultism.
Perhaps he was inspired by this lot - who obviously would have invaded Poland if they hadn't of disbanded :)

Tongue firmly in cheek,
Regards,
FWD.

Debates before an important election are a terrible idea. They are not useful to determine the best future leader, they oblige the candidates to force arguments and they do not determine the winner. In a time when candidates have multiple ways to communicate their ideas to the voters those old format TV debates are a loss of energy and a degrading personal confrontation.

Anyway, I'd love to see Morrissey debating with Elizabeth, both drinking tea and walking their dogs. I know I will be partial, no matter what BBC or CNN say.

It did seem to be drugs in bowies case. He said a lot of crazy stuff especially on the occult angle. It was probably harder to recognize at the time as part of his deal Then was to be odd and alien but looking back it sounds like a guy not sleeping not eating and consuming a lot of drugs regurgitating and ranting about what he's been reading

Bowie is a tough one as he came outright with some gems. Owning NAZI memorabilia including Dr Goebbels’s desk didn't help! If Moz had said the following, the world's press would have probably exploded:

“Britain is ready for a fascist leader… I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism… I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership…Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars…You’ve got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up.”

(Bowie from Playboy Sept, '76)

That said, the media has been inflating most of what he's done since the 'salute' in Victoria Station '76.
Bowie recanted his 'salute' and attributed a lot of his actions in the early days to his poor mental state/drugs/occultism.
Perhaps he was inspired by this lot - who obviously would have invaded Poland if they hadn't of disbanded :)

Tongue firmly in cheek,
Regards,
FWD.

:thumb:

that's some funny shit ! :lbf: never seen that fab four fuhrer clip.

As far as Bowie goes, I just think it was the drugs that perpetuated or magnified a fascination for all things dark, and a desire for some kind of hidden knowledge. But I'm sure he would have dabbled in these 'taboo subjects' even without the drugs.

clear.png

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom