Morrissey statement on HMV "Limited To One Copy Per Customer" stickers - Morrissey Official FB

Ok, we've gone up a notch:

He's 'officially' annoyed now despite any notice or attempt to market the item in a transparent, reasonable way.
Regards,
FWD.

"In our consumer culture, the Smiths new release of The Queen is Dead single was oddly racked at HMV with a sticker on the front that states:

Limited To One Copy Per Customer.

not unlike a Smoking Will Seriously Damage Your Health warning.

This sticker was not requested by the Smiths, and cannot be found on any other HMV stock, and therefore exists for The Queen is Dead only.

But why is it there?

An attempt to freeze sales is, of course, an overwhelming insult to the Smiths ... as if artistic freedom must struggle in our current culture of banality ... as if only counterfeit emotions may apply.
The Queen is Dead is also the only song currently in the UK top ten that has not been played on radio, and yet still sits at #4 on today's sales chart. Over thirty years since their death, and the Smiths are still thought too radical for the slow reader! It is evident, to me at least, that music audiences must only feel and think the very same thing at all times.

Freud: "There is no such thing as an accident."

If you are in possession of seven variable wigs, a box containing false noses, multiple-sized plastic clip-on ears, a nurse outfit, a set of stilts, a Superman cape, and a variety of oddly shaped spectacles, then we urge you to use them now and buy as many copies of The Queen is Dead at HMV as you desire.

MORRISSEY
17 June 2017."

Perhaps he could explain why it wasn't racked a year ago!?
IMHO - given the record store day response to new material , HMV are channelling the same ethos. Simple as that - no conspiracy.

40250_stickers.jpg

UPDATE June 22:
Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an attempt by the stores to stop E Bay flippers buying up all the copies and sticking them on the WWW for three, four, five times the price. Thus screwing 'genuine fans'. I think Moz has early dementia.

There seems to be something wrong with your spelling my dear George. You of all people! :eek:

Don't tell me you start believing in some upper creature and begging it to turn all and everything for the good of mankind.
If there is such a being it is a sadistic, evil force putting many people in misery and abusing his almighty power.
Thinking about that, I still hope you are OK by yourself!
Cheers! :thumb:
No, my Sundays are still free. as they always have been.

All I did was post his tweets? What about that makes me a Moz apologist? There is not one word of my own in that.
d5a.png
Hey brah.... I ain't mad. I'm disappointed. ...and if you're down with raw facts, I wasn't referring to you, was I? Check my post. If it doesn't apply to you, there's no need for the extra effort it takes to post a silly graphic, is there? Keep it real there, little shooter.

Morrissey The Bell-End Curve Of His Career:

& it continues......erm...it's hard to think of anything other than......*smfh*

This dick thinks he can spend 30 plus years as a tribute artist to The Smiths (why no capital on 'The')?

Further, he is so totally delusional that he thinks he is/was 'The Smiths' rather than just 25% of that 'radical Art Collective'.

And to top it all, in a time of random terror he thinks anybody other than his delusional Cult Fans give a toss about the sales of a decades old relic to a bunch of tosspots who probably don't even have a Dansette?

Presumably he's won back the right to an income stream from recordings by 'The Smiths', or has settled his debts with The Drummer & The Bass Guitar player? Who even cares anymore other than to rubberneck and LOL at all this nonsense?

best wishes
BrummieBoy
Nottingham - 'Music Non-Stop: Techno-Pop'

THIS. 100%.

f*** MIKE JOYCE. MIKEY sure gets something for the ICONIC ARTWORK THAT MOZ DID and HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH.

Iconic artwork. LOL! I thought we were talking about music. You're taking about borrowed images as original art. THAT'S your bar? Well done son! ...and congratulations. You just won the daily Ignorant Sack of Shit Award, ISOS.

I f***ing LOVE The Smiths. Have done for 34 years. I'll always love them. They were a very special, once in a lifetime unit. ...but they were the sum of their parts. Any lucid individual with a f***ing clue about what it takes to make a band knows this. The twats on here that slag Marr, Rourke and Joyce in defence of Morrissey's poor behaviour, garbage output and rotten attitude are just daft. Fantastic rhythm section, without which - NOT ONE of those albums is possible. Grow up wankers. You know ZERO about what it takes to make ONE cohesive album - let alone 4 (single collections notwithstanding). Our hero wrote some fantastic lyrics. He gave some superior performances, years ago. He put out 2 decent solo albums and a singles collection that's unrivalled in the 90s. Now? He's a f***ing narcissistic goof. Zero output. Shit band. Steve Miller level set-lists. Nobody wants to deal with his bullshit. ...but you lot will make excuses for his ignorant, small-minded bullshit all day long. You'd lick the sweat off his balls, given the opportunity.

That's cool. You're entitled. ...but don't ever swoon so far that Morrissey's present lack of ability to use his talents makes you an asshole like he is. Nobody likes an asshole.

Iconic artwork. LOL! I thought we were talking about music. You're taking about borrowed images as original art. THAT'S your bar? Well done son! ...and congratulations. You just won the daily Ignorant Sack of Shit Award, ISOS.

Oh yes. It's Joyce's "drumming" that everyone ran out and bought Smiths records for, sure, right, LOL.

Tell me, in your mental institution, are you allowed visitors?

I f***ing LOVE The Smiths. Have done for 34 years. I'll always love them. They were a very special, once in a lifetime unit. ...but they were the sum of their parts. Any lucid individual with a f***ing clue about what it takes to make a band knows this. The twats on here that slag Marr, Rourke and Joyce in defence of Morrissey's poor behaviour, garbage output and rotten attitude are just daft. Fantastic rhythm section, without which - NOT ONE of those albums is possible. Grow up wankers. You know ZERO about what it takes to make ONE cohesive album - let alone 4 (single collections notwithstanding). Our hero wrote some fantastic lyrics. He gave some superior performances, years ago. He put out 2 decent solo albums and a singles collection that's unrivalled in the 90s. Now? He's a f***ing narcissistic goof. Zero output. Shit band. Steve Miller level set-lists. Nobody wants to deal with his bullshit. ...but you lot will make excuses for his ignorant, small-minded bullshit all day long. You'd lick the sweat off his balls, given the opportunity.

That's cool. You're entitled. ...but don't ever swoon so far that Morrissey's present lack of ability to use his talents makes you an asshole like he is. Nobody likes an asshole.

And clearly no one likes you.

Morrissey is the most successful out of ALL OF THEM, how do you explain that, asshole?

In Johnny Marr's letter to Moz he said that he hated the people they had become. I'd say Johnny escaped that trap but Moz never did

Johnny also said "I will never point the finger at anyone but myself", and we know how that one ended. For some people it is easy to escape traps, for others it isn't.

"I've become alarmingly more cynical, although I was half way there any how, and I do mistrust people more."

"I don't trust a living human being. I find most people totally repugnant, so no wonder I have no social life. I'm more protective, but in ways that are considered selfish."

Do you think that, at some level, you're just not capable of trust?
"I don't know. I don't think I am. It's a bit too late, really. It's simply come too late."

But when I ask if his own lack of trust in others prevents him from becoming close to people, he replies simply "Yes, it is a lack of trust. I'm simply waiting for people to do something damaging. And they inevitably do."

"Mutual mistrust exploded between Harvest and I."

Quote from Jo Slee
"I think Morrissey has a very high expectation of people and he's very quick to take umbrage or to feel let down and you don't often get a second chance. That's childlike. He's very extreme in his emotional reactions to people. He's always been intensely suspicious, actually finding it intensely difficult to trust people. I actually feel like he's been indoctrinated against trusting people at some point in his life."

Johnny also said "I will never point the finger at anyone but myself", and we know how that one ended. For some people it is easy to escape traps, for others it isn't.

"I've become alarmingly more cynical, although I was half way there any how, and I do mistrust people more."

"I don't trust a living human being. I find most people totally repugnant, so no wonder I have no social life. I'm more protective, but in ways that are considered selfish."

Do you think that, at some level, you're just not capable of trust?
"I don't know. I don't think I am. It's a bit too late, really. It's simply come too late."

But when I ask if his own lack of trust in others prevents him from becoming close to people, he replies simply "Yes, it is a lack of trust. I'm simply waiting for people to do something damaging. And they inevitably do."

"Mutual mistrust exploded between Harvest and I."

Quote from Jo Slee
"I think Morrissey has a very high expectation of people and he's very quick to take umbrage or to feel let down and you don't often get a second chance. That's childlike. He's very extreme in his emotional reactions to people. He's always been intensely suspicious, actually finding it intensely difficult to trust people. I actually feel like he's been indoctrinated against trusting people at some point in his life."
One of the best/most insightful posts to Moz Solo in a long while.

Another Bullseye, Benny!

My son's just finished at Bristol...he did a degree in philosophy but is now a trendy DJ. Was there on Saturday night to see Kraftwerk at C***ton Hall, boiling hot, we stayed up all night clubbing. Felt like a nipper again but feel it in my joints since!

Your offspring will LOVE Bristol, it's truly one of the world's greatest cities. Living in The Shire, it's where we go for some serious RnR alongside Brum. People think Bansky is a person, a bloke, but that's just nonsense. He/She/It/They are a Massive Atttack of a radical art's collective stretching from Brisll to Brum. We've never met them but we know there's far more to 'Banksy' than meets the eye...Ditto Bristol: it's a secret city. All the best, mt8 and Carry On Mocking-Moz'!!!!

best
BB
Nottingham

To recap...

"he did a degree in philosophy"
"a trendy DJ"
"we stayed up all night clubbing"
"some serious RnR"
"a radical art's collective"

Congratulations on posting the most cringe-inducing and embarrassing example of empty-headed f***ery ever seen on Morrissey-Solo... what in the name of Jaysus is this pseudo bollocks about Banksy? And what the feck do you mean by saying Bristol is a "secret city"? Try looking at a map....under B. Twat.

You and Benny are fecking welcome to each other.

All best. Good to have you back.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom