Morrissey statement on HMV "Limited To One Copy Per Customer" stickers - Morrissey Official FB

Ok, we've gone up a notch:

He's 'officially' annoyed now despite any notice or attempt to market the item in a transparent, reasonable way.
Regards,
FWD.

"In our consumer culture, the Smiths new release of The Queen is Dead single was oddly racked at HMV with a sticker on the front that states:

Limited To One Copy Per Customer.

not unlike a Smoking Will Seriously Damage Your Health warning.

This sticker was not requested by the Smiths, and cannot be found on any other HMV stock, and therefore exists for The Queen is Dead only.

But why is it there?

An attempt to freeze sales is, of course, an overwhelming insult to the Smiths ... as if artistic freedom must struggle in our current culture of banality ... as if only counterfeit emotions may apply.
The Queen is Dead is also the only song currently in the UK top ten that has not been played on radio, and yet still sits at #4 on today's sales chart. Over thirty years since their death, and the Smiths are still thought too radical for the slow reader! It is evident, to me at least, that music audiences must only feel and think the very same thing at all times.

Freud: "There is no such thing as an accident."

If you are in possession of seven variable wigs, a box containing false noses, multiple-sized plastic clip-on ears, a nurse outfit, a set of stilts, a Superman cape, and a variety of oddly shaped spectacles, then we urge you to use them now and buy as many copies of The Queen is Dead at HMV as you desire.

MORRISSEY
17 June 2017."

Perhaps he could explain why it wasn't racked a year ago!?
IMHO - given the record store day response to new material , HMV are channelling the same ethos. Simple as that - no conspiracy.

40250_stickers.jpg

UPDATE June 22:
Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point of all of this was when he asked people to buy multiple copies as if it would be a rebellious act to do so. "guaranteed number one"
Boz is probably writing a letter to the head of the record company right this minute.

And clearly no one likes you.

Morrissey is the most successful out of ALL OF THEM, how do you explain that, asshole?

But he's NOT VERY SUCCESSFUL compared to REALLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE like wot he dreamed of and wot he finks there's a HUGE CONSPIRACY to stop him being.

hmmmn....I've tried you CAPS HISTRIONIC BITCH style but it's not something i think will catch on.

*smirks*

To recap...

"he did a degree in philosophy"
"a trendy DJ"
"we stayed up all night clubbing"
"some serious RnR"
"a radical art's collective"

Congratulations on posting the most cringe-inducing and embarrassing example of empty-headed f***ery ever seen on Morrissey-Solo... what in the name of Jaysus is this pseudo bollocks about Banksy? And what the feck do you mean by saying Bristol is a "secret city"? Try looking at a map....under B. Twat.

You and Benny are fecking welcome to each other.

All best. Good to have you back.

Welcome to irony, bitch

*smirks*

Oh yes. It's Joyce's "drumming" that everyone ran out and bought Smiths records for, sure, right, LOL.

Tell me, in your mental institution, are you allowed visitors?

I never suggested that Joyce WAS the band. I simply stated a fact. No Joyce behind the kit? ...no Smiths. No QID. Have you enough independent thought and musical knowledge in your little Mozzyv ball-washing cranium to grasp that?

And clearly no one likes you.

Morrissey is the most successful out of ALL OF THEM, how do you explain that, asshole?

LOL! What's up with the name-calling, son? Am I an asshole? Have you done the maths on sales for the various projects of each band member? That's a negative. If you had, you'd realize that you're talking out your arse. Keep on fellating the has-been, shooter. His narccisism feeds off the sort of garbage you're trying to pass of off as knowledgeable commentary.

Are we talking music here? There's not a musician on this planet that wouldn't work with Johnny Marr. Morrissey can't string together 4 half-rate hacks to back his bullshit.

What's up with you, Brummie Boy? Why you tossing nonsense and personal insults like a dejected, needy whore at cock-sucking competition?

Sorry Brummie Boy. That comment was directed at Ed Wood. I misread, misdirected and shit the bed on that one. Sincere apologies.

Welcome to irony, bitch

*smirks*

Really? It doesn't read as ironic. Perhaps you have been listening to too much Alanis Morissette?

Anyway, as I said, it is good to have you back. Unlike your bosom pal Benny, you are never boring, tedious or full of bullshit.

LOL! What's up with the name-calling, son? Am I an asshole? Have you done the maths on sales for the various projects of each band member? That's a negative. If you had, you'd realize that you're talking out your arse. Keep on fellating the has-been, shooter. His narccisism feeds off the sort of garbage you're trying to pass of off as knowledgeable commentary.

And if I had and I was right, would you admit you were wrong? Unlikely. I don't really want to argue with Anonymous people especially about things like this because I suspect that you may be former associates of M and if that's true, I probably admire you and I don't want to talk trash to you, anonymous or not. For all I know, you could be Craig Gannon and I love Mr Gannon, so...we will just assume I'm right and you all are wrong, always. ;)

I never suggested that Joyce WAS the band. I simply stated a fact. No Joyce behind the kit? ...no Smiths. No QID. Have you enough independent thought and musical knowledge in your little Mozzyv ball-washing cranium to grasp that?

Oh? I believe there would be a Queen Is Dead without Joyce, observe:

But he's NOT VERY SUCCESSFUL compared to REALLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE like wot he dreamed of and wot he finks there's a HUGE CONSPIRACY to stop him being.

hmmmn....I've tried you CAPS HISTRIONIC BITCH style but it's not something i think will catch on.

*smirks*

well, he's more successful than you & dats all dat really matters isn't it, homie? the point is, he hasn't sucked cock like johnny(who is actually not more successful), mccartney, george and elton for his success and that's why he has more integrity than all of them and anyone you can name.
oh, i know it hurts you and burns you to the core. it eats you up inside with every passing day, especially on the days when you think about ending it all on that ledge. hang in there, darling, it'll be okay. your kid needs you. for what? i have no idea.

well, he's more successful than you & dats all dat really matters isn't it, homie? the point is, he hasn't sucked cock like johnny(who is actually not more successful), mccartney, george and elton for his success and that's why he has more integrity than all of them and anyone you can name.
oh, i know it hurts you and burns you to the core. it eats you up inside with every passing day, especially on the days when you think about ending it all on that ledge. hang in there, darling, it'll be okay. your kid needs you. for what? i have no idea.

Ha, you tell him Ed!
By the way I'm in doubt about BrummieBoy's posting.
He seems flawed and mild.
Someone impersonating him?
I want the old BrummieBoy back!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom