Morrissey statement on HMV "Limited To One Copy Per Customer" stickers - Morrissey Official FB

Ok, we've gone up a notch:

He's 'officially' annoyed now despite any notice or attempt to market the item in a transparent, reasonable way.
Regards,
FWD.

"In our consumer culture, the Smiths new release of The Queen is Dead single was oddly racked at HMV with a sticker on the front that states:

Limited To One Copy Per Customer.

not unlike a Smoking Will Seriously Damage Your Health warning.

This sticker was not requested by the Smiths, and cannot be found on any other HMV stock, and therefore exists for The Queen is Dead only.

But why is it there?

An attempt to freeze sales is, of course, an overwhelming insult to the Smiths ... as if artistic freedom must struggle in our current culture of banality ... as if only counterfeit emotions may apply.
The Queen is Dead is also the only song currently in the UK top ten that has not been played on radio, and yet still sits at #4 on today's sales chart. Over thirty years since their death, and the Smiths are still thought too radical for the slow reader! It is evident, to me at least, that music audiences must only feel and think the very same thing at all times.

Freud: "There is no such thing as an accident."

If you are in possession of seven variable wigs, a box containing false noses, multiple-sized plastic clip-on ears, a nurse outfit, a set of stilts, a Superman cape, and a variety of oddly shaped spectacles, then we urge you to use them now and buy as many copies of The Queen is Dead at HMV as you desire.

MORRISSEY
17 June 2017."

Perhaps he could explain why it wasn't racked a year ago!?
IMHO - given the record store day response to new material , HMV are channelling the same ethos. Simple as that - no conspiracy.

40250_stickers.jpg

UPDATE June 22:
Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? It doesn't read as ironic. Perhaps you have been listening to too much Alanis Morissette?

Anyway, as I said, it is good to have you back. Unlike your bosom pal Benny, you are never boring, tedious or full of bullshit.

'Post-ironic irony' presupposes Alanis level lulz as a strategic buffer against attempts by idiots to colonise ironic gestures. Don't fret,you will be instructed in this by cutting-edge comedians- like Morrissey. Now, is that ironic or post-ironic. Don't bother to reply as I couldn't give a fcUK...

BB
Apple Store
Westfield
Shepherds Bush
- on way to protest at Grenville Tower

well, he's more successful than you & dats all dat really matters isn't it, homie? the point is, he hasn't sucked cock like johnny(who is actually not more successful), mccartney, george and elton for his success and that's why he has more integrity than all of them and anyone you can name.
oh, i know it hurts you and burns you to the core. it eats you up inside with every passing day, especially on the days when you think about ending it all on that ledge. hang in there, darling, it'll be okay. your kid needs you. for what? i have no idea.

Don't think you're gonna raise your profile here by trolling me.

Girl, bye!

Yet another cheap and completely transparant attempt to generate some publicity. Very sad.

Good heavens, what doesn't annoy Morrissey...???

Nothing!! Don't you know? Immediately punish thyself with hook and dagger whilst running in small circles, anti-clockwise, and spillage of drink nada. xx

Note to self:

People buy records in 2017. Sorry Gates and Jobs, the world won't listen.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom