Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the day that Katie Hopkins calls for a Final Solution for Britain's Muslims (then bravely deletes her tweet), a remote millionaire in a LA mansion who openly supports Marine Le Pen whispers about what ordinary people are really saying, but which I assume he means the same.

Bengali In Platforms
Asian Rut
The Chinese are a sub-species.

How much longer do we pretend what this man has become?

morrisseys only saying what a lot of people think.bullet and bomb proof cars for royalty and politicians yet the m.e.n cant even protect its customers,what sort of pat down did this coward get on entering the arena.sad day and not a day for point scoring on here.

He didn't enter the arena so he wasn't 'patted down'. Security did their job, he didn't get in at all, he waited until the crowd came out into a public space.

It appear to be contagious...
View attachment 41602
Sigh.
FWD.
TYPO?? Theresa..Looks like a Labour Party poster. Is this the end? No mention of Corbyn et al. Morrissey has never commented on May before. Doesn't seem that interested in British politics. Wish he would actually sit down (sober) and release a statement full of love and humility. We know he is capable of that, otherwise we wouldn't love his lyrics. PILGRIMUPNORTH

All terrorists even recently are not Muslim. It's unfortunate that he seems to use a terrorist attack to somehow reinforce his thoughts on other topics only slightly tangentially related. It does read like he's saying we need to stop letting Muslims into the country. Also politicians aren't always behind bullet proof whatever and when they are it can be justified to a degree. Didn't Britain just have a politician stabbed and shot to death in the street by someone angry at her for her political beliefs. Isn't her killing considered a terrorist act. If he were a Muslim killing her because she went against Islam it would be but if he's killing her because she went against Britain, as he shouted this is for Britain Britain first its not a terror attack. He also stabbed a 77 year old man who tried to help her. An innocent vulnerable person he knew nothing about

Another very bad day is Roger Moore gone ..maybe a sign , he wasnt able to live in this new world order..

morrisseys only saying what a lot of people think.bullet and bomb proof cars for royalty and politicians yet the m.e.n cant even protect its customers,what sort of pat down did this coward get on entering the arena.sad day and not a day for point scoring on here.

HE DIDN'T ENTER THE ARENA. Read the facts before you make such vague remarks. This could have happened in any public place. PILGRIMUPNORTH

Unfortunately many people are saying in private (and all over social media) views I find morally reprehensible. Guess Morrissey is (sort of) reflecting these views. It is known as freedom of speech.

Obviously some of my thoughts strayed to 13 years ago to the day at the MEN arena as I would imagine many people who were in attendance in 2004 did on hearing the tragic news last night. It is natural to project personal experience when such horrors occur. I imagine Morrissey, one of Manchester's most famous sons and also on his birthday, could not help but react.

Noone should got to a joyful event and come back mutilated or worse. So so sad. I really don't think today is a time for political point-scoring.... however that has not stopped certain politicians from grandstanding (whether directly or indirectly - I mean how are you meant to react) in light of this awful event.

So Mr. Morrissey, you are accusing everyone of not saying stuff, while saying absolutely nothing yourself. If you're so brave (as opposed to everyone else) SAY IT!

Thought I read that TTY is not being updated anymore so Moz has to find another platform. FB post is definitely him contrary to what he said previously.

The statement? Attacks on politicians and the media...just what is he trying to say? For Moz, it's very hamfisted and inarticulate. Reading between the lines, he implies that media/politicians refuse to name and fight properly islamic terrorists. Also implies immigration policies are the cause. Sounds like a mouthpiece for Trump and the message is neither helpful nor insightful. Why I expect better these days from Moz is a mystery?

22 innocents murdered, soldiers on our streets, vigil in Birmingham abandoned because lunatic appeared carrying knife and baseball bat, now is not the time for left wing bleeding heart liberals

If this statement is real then well done morrissey, as always he's the only one who has the balls to say what every right minded person is thinking, people are privately saying enough is enough
Really? I thought people were sick already of talking about immigration considering it was one of the main drivers behind the Brexit voting. I seem to remember one of the debates with Boris Johnson doing his best attempt at goofy scaremongering holding up a map with Turkey highlighted on it. Let not forget our pal Nige and his giant posters of lines of refugee immigrants, endless ranting etc. etc.

Last edited:
"everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private"

- and what that is exactly? Without riddles and witty circumstantial sentences? What do "we" / Morrissey say in private?

But that is private :rolleyes:

Why should he have "kept it simple" when the deed was so cruel? He always states the same, it's not the first time.
He has a public voice -something that most people don't have- and he doesn't believe in easy outcomes.
That's the question of the moment: extremist what? extremist who? It's not a noun, it's an adjective. Governing people, put a name on it and assume your liabilities.

O. E. D.:
"extremist -
noun

derogatory

A person who holds extreme political or religious views, especially one who advocates illegal, violent, or other extreme action."

Shut up, you f***ing ignoramus.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom