Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the Facebook wasnt him?

Does he not only use TTY now?

I'm not up to date.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

"The tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb"

Sorry folks. Morrissey is now a fully signed up BNP-er.

Is his Facebook account real? If so this statement is unbelievable. Incredibly insensitive and just ridiculous to be honest.

"everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private"

- and what that is exactly? Without riddles and witty circumstantial sentences? What do "we" / Morrissey say in private?

Mozzer, AWESOME statement:thumb::thumb:
Mayor of London doesnt attack Islam because hes a ......Muslim. LOL
Sky is blue and water wet.:rock:

'How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.'
Great statement! Moz must be devastated.

Last edited:

"The tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb"

22 people dead, including an 8yr old girl, not a time to be a smart arse

morrisseys only saying what a lot of people think.bullet and bomb proof cars for royalty and politicians yet the m.e.n cant even protect its customers,what sort of pat down did this coward get on entering the arena.sad day and not a day for point scoring on here.

What do the people say in private? Close the borders? London is Dead? Life is hard enough when you belong here? England for the- Yeah. I get it. Life is frightening. Bad things are happening with more frequency these days. Hatred and demonizing the "other" isn't the answer. I don't claim to have the answers. I'm just one guy, and I'm as sad as anyone over the way humans harm other humans.

Regarding Morrissey's points around stifling freedom of the press and criticism, etc.:

If you yell any criticism at Morrissey during a gig, you'll either a. get thrown out, b. have Morrissey run off stage and not come back, or c. he'll sing the last few tunes of the night with his back to the audience, pouting, with no encore.

And if you run a website that allows freedom of expression that includes reporting and/or commenting negatively about Morrissey, you get banned from his gigs for life.

These have all occurred.

And I agree with others that it's quite in bad form to use the events of last night to launch personal attacks against politicians and royalty. Same old drum beat.

You are so thick, I LOL every time I read ya

He always used to speak my mind and now he did it again. Addressing the elephant in the room or the elephants cause they are so many now, issues and people.

Something has changed him since the american elections.

morrisseys only saying what a lot of people think.bullet and bomb proof cars for royalty and politicians yet the m.e.n cant even protect its customers,what sort of pat down did this coward get on entering the arena.sad day and not a day for point scoring on here.

That politician in Yorkshire didn't have one when her head was blown off by that nutter. Maybe he should have thought about that.

I'm sure we've discussed this before, but the people in his life who use social media all follow and cite/link things to that account on Facebook.
Which continually flys in the face of 2015's TTY:
"As previously mentioned on this site, Morrissey has no connection with any online/Facebook accounts even though some use his name and are listed as official".
As much as I like the music, the left and right hand not knowing what they're doing coupled with issuing forth statements from varying angles/sites is really not helping.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom