Morrissey statement on tour cancellation - true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th
- true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

Related press:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Drama Llama.

i have AC and BK tickets... but i really don't care! all i want is MOZ healthy... really sad news and something to be worry.! hope you get better soon MOZ we love you. Guatemala Fan.

This statement is better than what he really wanted to say. 'I realized KY was a drama queen who was just using me all along and I could no longer bear the sight of her, or endure the constant whining of her severely maladjusted fans (yes, that is correct, they're even more whiney than my own fans!). Good riddance. Don't let the door hit your scrawny ass on the way out. Oh and also, you are not nearly as original or talented as you think, you shrieking rip-off merchant. Buh-bye.

I am a physician, and this does not add up medically. 'Rushed to hospital'. 'Virus'. Something tells me that this is the spin for insurance purposes. But - whatever - I hope Morrissey is well / getting well, physically and mentally.

It seems like Morrissey needs a personal trainer and a doctor that travels with him, not to mention decreasing the number of dates on each tour to 2/3 or maybe 1/2.
It's really too bad, because from what I've read and seen on Youtube it's been a stormer!

Dear Kristeen,

Donnie Knutson is a dick. He will make it all your fault and I don't know how possibly it could be. The person who gives you a cold or infection doesn't leave a calling card. Why place blame on someone when you don't have to do that. Just say he is sick...enough said.

Morrissey management team is filled with a bunch of Yes men. He is obviously full of shit and I would like to see proof that he was admitted to a Boston hospital. Kristen Young is done with the drama and we wish her well and Morrissey career is over and it's time for the old man to retire and stay in LA.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. There were times in the past that I had hay fever and people would ask if I had a cold and I'd say, "CAN'T YA TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAY FEVER & A COLD?" LOL.

Get well, my Moz, get well!!! Don't worry about the dispute between you and Kristeen. We all know she has been impeached for lying about her age, but who knows if she's telling the truth now. Who knows. I just care about my Moz. But I will say, good wishes to Kristeen, too. A talented musician. Hopefully she is being honest. :)

I'm really starting to think the concert drama is actually more interesting that the concerts themselves...

It seems like Morrissey needs a personal trainer and a doctor that travels with him, not to mention decreasing the number of dates on each tour to 2/3 or maybe 1/2.
It's really too bad, because from what I've read and seen on Youtube it's been a stormer!

it really has been, king leer. nashville was utterly brilliant. i hope morrissey gets well, gets insured and everyone gets to see him on tour because in many, many ways he's better than ever.

I had tickets for AC, Hershey, and Wilmington. So heartbreaking to see this news. Hopefully Morrissey gets better.

Don't be sexist now. Men lie about their age too along with a whole lot of other things. This guy I knew personally always subtracted 4 years from his age and also lied about being a vegetarian:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ap...7610&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dd8f3df04d472ee,0

He was also on the Smiths e-mail lists back in the 90s so some of the old schoolers may have known him as well.

By the way, I'm sure Morrissey didn't say he was celibate for decades. He called himself celibate around 1991. How do you know if he was putting out then? Did he go into detail in his book about banging? (Other than girls seducing him when he was a juvenile which left a bad impression on him?)

Women lie about their age sometimes. Welcome to Earth.

How many men lie about being celibate for decades?

1. KY is crazy, her music proves that she's certifiable.
2. Julia sucks!
3. Maybe it's time for Moz to eat a burger, just sayin'
4. Wish Moz well & a speedy recovery.

THE most ironic thing ever is Moz claims being a meat eater is what really trips up your health---yet he gets sick every 6 days. RED meat, possibly, but his "meat = bad health" claims are kinda ludicrous relatively.

As someone who had Atlantic City, Baltimore, and Washington DC tickets let me say this--

I am so glad Kristeen Young's pathetic career is over.

Few people in the know saying he's not sick at all. This tour was steeped in drama from the tackle in San Jose.

Why can he not just stop? Stop with the train-wreck tours that find him toting around this sorry excuse of a band (no offense, Boz) to assist him as he floats through the motions until eventually collapsing in a sorry- not genuinely sorry- heap of over-wrought "unimaginable sorrow." Stop with the pretentious and patronizing, self-important social/political commentary that reveals his child-like ignorance of the world that surrounds him. Stop with the impossibly dry, charmless and pitiless memoirs that he narcissistically insists be ridiculously portrayed and presented to be a "classic." Stop with the general malaise of bitterness and victimization that has cloaked him since '96 and has certainly contributed to his prickly, pompous and increasingly unlikeable and intolerable demeanour. Stop with the legacy-tarnishing and seemingly relentless onslaught of lackluster compilations, unimpressive live performance documents and lazy, pedestrian new music releases that make one question how they can be the product of the same man who once brought us the likes of "Paint a Vulgar Picture", Beethoven Was Deaf and Vauxhall And I (the original, not the pointless re-issue). Just reverently, mercifully and finally stop.

*Queue the entirely predictable blind fan retorts: "Stop coming here." "Stop listening." "Stop with your rambling, over-adjectived, run-on sentences." etc.

this is getting good. Next few days will be mad drama between these two. It is what it is. Moz till I die. the end.
jackson_pop_corn.gif

:tears::tears::tears:I'm just so sorry this is happening. I'm worried for Morrissey! I just hope he gets better. And I know this is devastating for fans, I had tickets for several upcoming shows too. I'm especially sorry for the fans who didn't get to see any shows this tour.

Get better, Moz!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom