Morrissey statement: "The Slander System" (via FB Morrissey Official)

Note: links to a picture of text rather than text.

41769_morrissey_20171211.png

https://www.facebook.com/Morrissey/posts/1535483839821485:0

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the sense of people attacking him for thing's he has said, yes they are. We are seeing it everywhere now. If you don't conform to the right way of thinking (not right wing btw) then don't say anything at all. And if you don't agree with what we are thinking, or would like you to think, then you are wrong and must be shut down.

You're so f***ing stupid you don't actually even understand your own f***ing argument. Nobody's trying to shut anybody down. f***ing hell. Here's how free speech works: everybody is entitled to express their opinions, regardless how uninformed, half-baked, or just plain idiotic they may be. With me, so far? Then everybody else is equally free to express their own opinions in response. Then, after that, the first person is entitled to respond to her/his critics. A back and forth argument evolves. (At least it should, provided you're not the sort of f***wit who expresses a stupid opinion and has nothing to back it up when challenged.) That's how politics works, you f***ing cretin. Is that clear enough or do I have to draw you a picture?

It's staggering how many people still need it explained to them that freedom of speech does not equal freedom from critique.

Clearly that only applies to a certain way of thinking. For example, you are not allowed to openly criticise the religion of Islam.
Am I allowed to call out Jews and Christians for their sky-fairy nonsense? Sure. ...but I’ll get shit all over by rubes. So - I guess the playing field is fairly level, isn’t it?

Morrissey is being called out for being a loudmouth hypocritical slug. Rightfully so.

...and the apologists here are free to feed his pension top-up at the same time as those in their right minds call BULLSHIT on the whole charade.

You're so f***ing stupid you don't actually even understand your own f***ing argument. Nobody's trying to shut anybody down. f***ing hell. Here's how free speech works: everybody is entitled to express their opinions, regardless how uninformed, half-baked, or just plain idiotic they may be. With me, so far? Then everybody else is equally free to express their own opinions in response. Then, after that, the first person is entitled to respond to her/his critics. A back and forth argument evolves. (At least it should, provided you're not the sort of f***wit who expresses a stupid opinion and has nothing to back it up when challenged.) That's how politics works, you f***ing cretin. Is that clear enough or do I have to draw you a picture?
You’re absolutely right about freedom of speech. We’re all entitled to our opinion in an intelligent discourse. Your name-calling bit though? I dunno, son. If you come out from behind your keyboard and spew that rubbish, you’re libel to be picking up your teeth with broken fingers in no time.

Mind yourself, kiddo.

Can't you construct an argument without attacking me with swearing and throwing insults?

You are missing my point. When governments/media/organisations/groups, keep on dismissing what some people say and or believe, as wrong, ignorant, ohhh and... RACIST, people that are or were, in agreement, are made to dismiss those views because of the fear of getting attacked, oh and even the SACK. That is not FREE SPEECH.

The far left are extremely dangerous with regards to this, and with re-reinforcement from the governments, it's within touching distance of the death of western civilisation/democracy and free speech.

Criticise by all means, CRITICISE. Not attacking. Do you want to live in a world where you are too frightened to say what you really feel, for the fear of getting savaged afterwards and even life ruining?

:highfive: :thumb:

Morrissey my sweety ! get well sooon ! and hopefully the world will have gotten it's shit together in time for your tour. ROCK ON AND ON ! :rock::rock: :thumb:

& ( if you're reading this ).....

WHATEVER HAPPENS.... WE LOVE YOU !

'But when all is said and done .....

Last edited:
Oh christ, surely not a soul. When ever I make the error of mentioning 'Himself' to chums the reactions range from a glazing over of the eyes to a total loss of consciousness.

Sure, sure not a soul.
Morrissey performing at the 02 arena on November 29 2014.

Moz2.jpg

I used to visit this site on a daily basis because it brought me joy. Alas, now it just makes me depressed. In the same way that I no longer like reading the newspaper anymore because of the Donald, I no long like visiting Moz Solo because of what Morrissey has become.

What am I guaranteed to get now if I go to this site? 1) The latest offensive comment from our hero and his inevitable denial, 2) An article in which some writer somewhere explains how he/she can't be a Morrissey fan anymore, 3) News about his latest last-minute concert cancellation, 4) Photos of Moz wearing his latest atrocious shirt or jacket (Just when you think they couldn't get any worse!), and 5) A sad collection of comments that fall into three categories: expressions of dismay or disappointment about our hero's current state, pathetic defenses of our hero from his most ardent, head-in-the-sand worshippers, and, finally, hateful and reactionary drivel from his growing fan base on the right.

It's just no fun anymore to hang out here. I guess I'll have to go back to LOLCats: I Can Has Cheezeburger? for fun on the internet...

You are missing my point. When governments/media/organisations/groups, keep on dismissing what some people say and or believe, as wrong, ignorant, ohhh and... RACIST, people that are or were, in agreement, are made to dismiss those views because of the fear of getting attacked, oh and even the SACK. That is not FREE SPEECH.

Hey guess what, Morrissey isn't in fear/danger of getting attacked, or "even the SACK." I repeat: nothing is happening to Morrissey besides people voicing their opinions of what he said. He could just as easily do the same f***ing interview with a French newspaper tomorrow. Not silenced.

The far left are extremely dangerous with regards to this, and with re-reinforcement from the governments, it's within touching distance of the death of western civilisation/democracy and free speech.

You're aware that the right is now in political leadership of America, correct?

Am I allowed to call out Jews and Christians for their sky-fairy nonsense? Sure. ...but I’ll get shit all over by rubes. So - I guess the playing field is fairly level, isn’t it?

Morrissey is being called out for being a loudmouth hypocritical slug. Rightfully so.

...and the apologists here are free to feed his pension top-up at the same time as those in their right minds call BULLSHIT on the whole charade.
I'm an Atheist. I despise ALL religions. But Islam does have a special place on that list of mine. Free speech... call out all you wish :thumb:

'1) The latest offensive comment from our hero and his inevitable denial'

When did Morrissey sign up to be anyone's 'hero' ?

Hey guess what, Morrissey isn't in fear/danger of getting attacked, or "even the SACK." I repeat: nothing is happening to Morrissey besides people voicing their opinions of what he said. He could just as easily do the same f***ing interview with a French newspaper tomorrow. Not silenced.

Still got that banjo of yours and have your balls dropped cause last time your singing was a bit too high pitch for anyones liking?

McCrickets!

I was speaking in general terms. Morrissey will most likely always be protected from any backlash, the everyday ordinary man or woman won't be.

I'm sure they would much oblige to an interview with the Moz.

Wondering why no one posted the ‘Our Frank’ B-Side so far...

✊
I did a while ago on an earlier thread but it wasn't addressed because the witch hunt was in full force at that time. Not that this recent post of Morrissey's will do anything to lower the pitchforks.

Can't you construct an argument without attacking me with swearing and throwing insults?

Criticise by all means, CRITICISE. Not attacking. Do you want to live in a world where you are too frightened to say what you really feel, for the fear of getting savaged afterwards and even life ruining?
You are aware that it’s a circle, right? The “far left” and “far right” are EXACTLY the same, albeit with different ignorance’s as their motivation. The far right rape children, praise Jesus and tell you there’s “nothing to see here”. The far left rape children and tell you “you can’t say that”.

How about this? Let’s be adults with a modicum of socio-political understanding and not argue over who’s the bigger twat in a cesspool of c***s.

I was speaking in general terms.

You saying three pages ago that Morrissey being attacked equates to Morrissey being silenced, before you inexplicably felt compelled to bring up Islam (and then didn't want to talk about Islam):

In the sense of people attacking him for thing's he has said, yes they are. We are seeing it everywhere now. If you don't conform to the right way of thinking (not right wing btw) then don't say anything at all. And if you don't agree with what we are thinking, or would like you to think, then you are wrong and must be shut down.

I was speaking in general terms. Morrissey will most likely always be protected from any backlash, the everyday ordinary man or woman won't be.

I'm sure they would much oblige to an interview with the Moz.

They'll call you a nazi next!

Speaking of which the norwegian tv did a very controversial thing and visited the swedish nazis for a documentary which included a visit to Berlin and some holocaust deniers.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/brennpunkt/MDDP11001717/06-12-2017

You saying three pages ago that Morrissey being attacked equates to Morrissey being silenced, before you inexplicably felt compelled to bring up Islam (and then didn't want to talk about Islam):

Islamist extremists have fire bombed a synagogue and a jewish cemetery here in Sweden in the past few days. One attack in Gothenburg against the local synagogue and one attack against the jewish cemetery chapel in Malmö.

Everyone blames Trump of course and the Jerusalem issue and is Moz playing that little tune before he walks onstage anytime soon?

'1) The latest offensive comment from our hero and his inevitable denial'

When did Morrissey sign up to be anyone's 'hero' ?
When did ANY “hero” sign up, shooter? That’s kind of a fundamental point of the term, isn’t it?

Keep lobbing slow-balls from the cheap seats, dear. Make your fonts bigger still! Lap up that Moz-jizz with fervour. ...although you could just slow down, relax and enjoy. There’s no line-up at that glory hole these days. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom