Morrissey - Suedehead - track 1 - Saro's Spotify pride month playlist

Morrissey - Suedehead - Track 1 - Saro's Spotify Pride Month Playlist

Morrissey, "Suedehead"

"This song is reminiscent of one of the first sexual relationships I had. 'Why do you come here when you know it makes things hard for me?' To me, this song represents the aloofness or inability to commit that is the final line of defense protecting your heart from breaking."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...oly-new-ep-die-alone-offers-up-a-playlist-for

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, can you please change "sportily" to Spotify in the title please? :)

You forgot to mention that California Son went straight in at number 4 in the UK albums chart.
I didn’t forget to mention it. It’s inconsequential. No other releases except reissues and the likes of Taylor Swift and Pink that week. Not to mention the fact that it was in the recycle bin a week later.

Carry on with the low-expectations though. They’re perfectly suited to Morrissey-cum-Pat Boone’s recent output.

“We’re number 4 in the UK!”

...quickly followed by the scraper glee of, “We’re number 5 in Poland!”

Does the Morrissey suite at that hotel in Manchester offer rewards points for delusion?

i put a morrissey song on a playlist once, too.

Well, post a bloody thread about it! What other tracks were on your playlist? In fact, f*** it; post a screenshot of your current playlist, please.

Y
You racist.
No no. Not necessarily. Pre or post ‘93? Having pre-‘93 Morrissey on your playlist might reflect a thoughtful good taste in music. Post? You need the fecal-matter cleaned from your f***ing ears.

He should have included "You make me feel" by Sylvester...

Weird fact: the back up dancer who is out of synch with all the other ones is Cosey Fanni Tutti (Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey, Tutti).

Have you read her book?

Ah throbbing gristle. Those people seem to be everywhere. Amusingly the psychic tv song above made me think of them and then there was a mention just a few posts down. they just did a best industrial list over at pitchfork which was pretty cool and as you can imagine they showed up a couple of times. Seems like the universe is trying to tell me I should listen to more of those great funk classics. I myself would’ve posted the songs androgynous and true trans soul rebel. I understand how important it is to promote lbgt artists and there work but I think it’s underestimated how important it is to promote the positive supportive songs straight people have written about lbgt folks. To promote empathy towards something different than yourself as the song androgynous does even at a possible risk to yourself or career. Madonna made her career in some ways appealing to lbgt fans but the replacements were playing to a lot of young straight males in a scene where lbgt people weren’t always welcomed (early Hollywood hardcore is the exception here). The influence those types of songs have is important. Against me is also a great one as I can’t think of many artists who had a fairly good career going and then transitioned. there career got boosted to by writing an album about it. That’s a great symbol of progress. I also think trans people get left out a bit of the conversation especially if you’re not tying gender to sexual preference. I think Morrissey would enjoy that

Have you read her book?

No... The closest I have read was a very extensive book* about Throbbing Gristle and Coum Transmissions (the performance group that have birth to T.G.), but I don't usually read biographies by musicians, even if I admire them (I didn't read Morrissey's bio either).

*Wreckers of Civilization... I don't remember the author right now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom