Morrissey to appear on Sale el Sol (Mexico TV, Imagen Televisión - March 15, 2018)

UPDATE Mar. 15:

Video link posted by Gaetano:

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey on Sale el Sol / Mexico TV tomorrow (Mar. 15, 2018, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)

UPDATE: live stream:

http://www.imagentv.com/en-vivo

Posted by Famous when dead:

Poached shamelessly from Facebook.

42602_morrissey_gracias.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For once I agree that the band needs some work. Didn’t expect that but good times

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
There were possible problems? & critisism (Google translate unfortunately).

Chaos, playback and confusion in the presentation of Morrissey in Mexican TV.

"The show of the British singer in the program Sale el Sol was not as expected
It began as an uncertainty after the announcement of the visit of the British singer Morrissey to the show Sale el Sol , by Imagen TV, appeared on social networks.Users of social networks could not believe the presence of the vocalist and leader of the legendary group The Smiths in a Mexican television magazine program.

After becoming TT, critics, jokes and memes, the singer fulfilled as the production of the emission promised and presented to make playback of the theme Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage .
Although the viewers were very excited to see it on the small Mexican screen, they showed their disappointment in social networks because of the disorganized show.
They also mocked and criticized their dancers, who seemed with little energy and enthusiasm. The worst came when the interpreter finished singing and the presenters left him standing on the stage, without any of them coming to talk to him.
Before the chaos and paralysis of the holders of the emission, many users doubted that the presence of Morrissey was live.

The British singer will perform on Saturday, March 17 at the 19th edition of the Vive Latino festival."

https://www.publimetro.com.mx/mx/me...on-la-presentacion-morrissey-tv-mexicana.html

The tweets concerned in the Spanish article:

"#MorrisseyEnSaleElSol I think that production must seriously rethink what it does. They have a terribly bad program, with bad drivers that today had the highest rating, and so they let it go? They were rude and inept, or a "hello, thank you" at least? @ImagenTVMex"

"When you have #MorrisseyEnSaleElSol but you do not know what to ask him why you have listened to Pandora all your life."

"#MorrisseyEnSaleElSol absolute ineptitude of the conductors of Sale el Sol in the presentation of Morrissey, leaving him standing there and preferring to interview an absolute unknown."

"It was a decree of @officialmoz not to give interviews, as well as not to take pictures or to approach him .. We already knew that something was going to happen, after all Moz is the Divo and character par excellence. #MorrisseyEnSaleElSol"

"The dancers of Morrissey.
1f602.png
#MorrisseyEnSaleElSol #Morrissey"

I think the thatch is 2 shades darker too :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
He looks better than I've seen him look in ages. I like the downward inflection in his singing in the line 'of every lost and lonely day' almost as thrilling as when he does the downward tumble on 'it's written all over my face' Totally unexpected and Morrissey's the only singer I know who would take it in that direction.

Not entirely sure the 'ironic' dancing works in this cheesy format. The miming doesn't bother me, though, it's giving me a nice warm Top of the Pops glow.

My God, the band danced as though their lives depended on it. And not in a good way.

Crykey lad! Talk about phoning it in. I reckon he could of at least lip synced with instruments. Reckon Boz carries his belly well. Why don't Mexican girls in Moz Angeles look like those Mexican girls? I reckon old Uncle Steve f***ed all of them backstage.

Last edited:
Well 'official' has stirred in to life:

Regards,
FWD.

What is with the messed up collar? He had the same thing in the Jacky video. It's obviously a reference to something. I like the performance but I don't know why!!

That was car crash television, ergo I LOVED it!

Worst backing dancers, evvvvvvvaaaaaa (which I think may be the point) :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

That’s embarrassing, I feel for the band members. You spend years of your life trying to become the best musician you can and then you are asked to do this on TV.

I can’t find the post Matt Walker made when he left the band years ago, I think he talked about not being able to accept the craziness any longer. God he must be close to walking out now......

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
There were possible problems? & critisism (Google translate unfortunately).

Chaos, playback and confusion in the presentation of Morrissey in Mexican TV.

"The show of the British singer in the program Sale el Sol was not as expected
It began as an uncertainty after the announcement of the visit of the British singer Morrissey to the show Sale el Sol , by Imagen TV, appeared on social networks.Users of social networks could not believe the presence of the vocalist and leader of the legendary group The Smiths in a Mexican television magazine program.

After becoming TT, critics, jokes and memes, the singer fulfilled as the production of the emission promised and presented to make playback of the theme Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage .
Although the viewers were very excited to see it on the small Mexican screen, they showed their disappointment in social networks because of the disorganized show.
They also mocked and criticized their dancers, who seemed with little energy and enthusiasm. The worst came when the interpreter finished singing and the presenters left him standing on the stage, without any of them coming to talk to him.
Before the chaos and paralysis of the holders of the emission, many users doubted that the presence of Morrissey was live.

The British singer will perform on Saturday, March 17 at the 19th edition of the Vive Latino festival."

https://www.publimetro.com.mx/mx/me...on-la-presentacion-morrissey-tv-mexicana.html

The tweets concerned in the Spanish article:

"#MorrisseyEnSaleElSol I think that production must seriously rethink what it does. They have a terribly bad program, with bad drivers that today had the highest rating, and so they let it go? They were rude and inept, or a "hello, thank you" at least? @ImagenTVMex"

"When you have #MorrisseyEnSaleElSol but you do not know what to ask him why you have listened to Pandora all your life."

"#MorrisseyEnSaleElSol absolute ineptitude of the conductors of Sale el Sol in the presentation of Morrissey, leaving him standing there and preferring to interview an absolute unknown."

"It was a decree of @officialmoz not to give interviews, as well as not to take pictures or to approach him .. We already knew that something was going to happen, after all Moz is the Divo and character par excellence. #MorrisseyEnSaleElSol"

"The dancers of Morrissey.
1f602.png
#MorrisseyEnSaleElSol #Morrissey"

I think the thatch is 2 shades darker too :)
Regards,
FWD.

Claude François and his Clodettes!!!

Such a wonderful TV act for such a tremendous song of an extraordinary record....
Seriously , a bullet to each in this band apart from Boz of course...

Retire , get off the stage. Moz , you are making me sick!

That’s embarrassing, I feel for the band members. You spend years of your life trying to become the best musician you can and then you are asked to do this on TV.

I can’t find the post Matt Walker made when he left the band years ago, I think he talked about not being able to accept the craziness any longer. God he must be close to walking out now......
Matt's an interesting guy. Very in to music and I'm not sure the dancing is something he'd jump at the chance at doing. That said, he's loyal despite the past:
Moz's comment on TTY:

"Our little covered wagon has lost drummer Matt Walker, who was eager to bring his term to an end. No bargainings could persuade him to stay, and his interest drew its last breath at Stockton.

Behind the kit, Matt was a greyhound unleashed, and his great work on Years of Refusal will always and forever speak up in his favor. His exit is sad, but he had no wish to continue, and a branch falls away.”

Matt's public statement:

“For the last six years I have had the honor and privilege to play drums for Morrissey. He is one of the last true and uncompromising artists and will always be an inspiration. However, for numerous reasons, the time has come for me to relinquish my post.

It has been a sincere pleasure to perform with this band before the most passionate and dedicated fans in the world – great music is nothing without an audience to love and embrace it. I know few are fortunate enough to experience such a fantastic voyage, and I am grateful for it"

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
From the sublime to the ridiculous in 6 days. Only Morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom