Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - BBC Radio 4

Reminder: interview to air today, Apr. 20 at 7:15PM BBC Radio 4. Post your reports in the comments section below.

According to the Radio listings in next week's Radio Times (16-22 April 2011) it says :
'John Wilson interviews iconic singer/songwriter and former Smiths frontman Morrissey'.

This is due to be broadcast @ 7.15pm-BBC Radio 4-Wednesday 20/04/2011.
Cannot see anything on the FrontRow website yet. Hopefully this is the first of a few media appearances. Thought the Front Row interview of 2009 was excellent.

Kewpie sends the link to the confirmation on the Radio Times site.

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 8:30 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted the Radio 4 site update with photo:

Morrissey talks to John Wilson

In a rare interview, Morrissey talks about David Cameron, the Royal Family and the autobiography he has written.

b010dqgd_640_360.jpg

Info on John Wilson's Twitter posted by thecondy:

JohnWilson14 (Morrissey's interviewer tonight) has just tweeted that:

- autobiog is finished, 200,000 words = 660 pages, currently redrafting but out next year. Moz wants it to be a Penguin Classic.
- Moz doesn't follow J.Marr on Twitter
- he was eloquent and charming​

Another photo with John Wilson posted by joe frady:

x2_59d3e04.jpg

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 4:20 PM PT:

Best Friend On The Payrole has provided a link to download the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qki5e5

Link to the interview on YouTube from MuteWitness616:

goinghome posted the link in the comments:

Morrissey calls David Cameron ‘no better than a child-killer’ on BBC Radio 4 - by Adam Sherwin, Beehive City

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

meat is murder

yeah he drinks milk, wears leather belts

I guess you know what I meant

damn, uou have to explain every word, or they hop on your back

give it rest, all, not just Brell but all who think know it all, and just
make fuss over little facts, vegan or vegatarian

celibate or bisexual, caring love or body to body, etc.

' and they say he's mentall'

If I thought that I knew it all then I'd have known what you meant wouldn't I? ;)

I wonder if his last words "I'm still here" were a deliberate reference to a Stephen Sondheim - the other great lyricist of the C20th - or just a coincidence.
Anyway nice interview however brief. He appears to be in good form - long may it last.

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

He isn't Vegan. Never has been.

and it is such an extreme diet. but looking at moz now i cant help getng the impression he's one of those vegetarians who eats too much dairy products and not enough variety like fruit, veg and grains. if the rumours are true that he just lives on stuff like buttered toast, cream products and rich food, then anyone would get run down eating that stuff all the time.(perhaps the reason for all the infections and getting ill.) they say that if you have certain days of eating just fruit and veg, you'll feel good and i agree.

Funny. I said to my wife just now "How much you want to bet that there's some naysayer on Moz-solo who has already posted- I bet he cancels"?

God, I could have made a quick tenner.:lbf:

Something sad about talking to your wife about Moz-solo

I wonder if his last words "I'm still here" were a deliberate reference to a Stephen Sondheim - the other great lyricist of the C20th - or just a coincidence.
Anyway nice interview however brief. He appears to be in good form - long may it last.

yeah am glad moz said in his interview that he doesnt have anything to do with twitter, its such a load of bullshit. it wouldnt seem natural for moz to be a twit, we like him being an enigma and hope he never changes. hope he enjoys his concerts and travels around bonnie jockland in june and hopefully the weather will be like today: warm sunny and dry - a minor miracle for glasgow!

Well spotted, Joe. I'd just come in and hadn't actually heard the interview yet, picking up the commentary first. It's very irresponsible of the BBC. Are there any journalistic standards left anywhere? "Things have been tough without the dum dum boys, I can't seem to speak the language". ;)

But how about this for news:
"Penguin, whose Classic imprint was launched in 1946 to provide the best books for the affordable price of sixpence, said Morrissey's wishes could be accommodated. A spokeswoman told The Independent: "There is a natural fit between Morrissey's sensibility, his artistic achievements and Penguin Classics. A book could be published as a Penguin Classic because it is a classic in the making. It's something we would like to discuss with Morrissey."[/B]
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ing-war-hinges-on-classic-status-2272620.html

Another interesting link gh. You sure do find 'em.
Interesting, in many ways ~ yet another Moz quote that wasn't in the interview as transmitted. The only words the Indie have verbatim are "I can't see why not". The rest, criticising modern memoir publishing, he didn't say.
Or, more interestingly, he did say, but they were not broadcast, but were included in a transcript provided by the BBC to the press, as with the 'Cameron the child-killer' quote. But for why? :confused:

Or, more interestingly, he did say, but they were not broadcast, but were included in a transcript provided by the BBC to the press, as with the 'Cameron the child-killer' quote. But for why? :confused:

Who knows? Maybe it was cut for time purposes? Perhaps Morrissey requested it not be transmitted or most likely given the Brand/Ross scandal, the submissive and subdued controllers of Radio 4 thought it too controversial for a post Archers audience. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

So did he say that Julia and all those others who followed and supported him over the years did not want to mate with him? I thought the signature of the American quite full already that said that nobody ever comes to rescue him and that she was the one, but it seems to be the general idea. And what about James Maker or Linder Sterling who claim to be something like Morrissey's soulmates? Why, if she and Morrissey are one of a kind, did Linder not marry Morrissey but this other bloke. She is married to him, isn't she? Same for James Maker, why did he not become Morrissey's PR manager if he speaks for him over the internet anyway?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom