Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - BBC Radio 4

Reminder: interview to air today, Apr. 20 at 7:15PM BBC Radio 4. Post your reports in the comments section below.

According to the Radio listings in next week's Radio Times (16-22 April 2011) it says :
'John Wilson interviews iconic singer/songwriter and former Smiths frontman Morrissey'.

This is due to be broadcast @ 7.15pm-BBC Radio 4-Wednesday 20/04/2011.
Cannot see anything on the FrontRow website yet. Hopefully this is the first of a few media appearances. Thought the Front Row interview of 2009 was excellent.

Kewpie sends the link to the confirmation on the Radio Times site.

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 8:30 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted the Radio 4 site update with photo:

Morrissey talks to John Wilson

In a rare interview, Morrissey talks about David Cameron, the Royal Family and the autobiography he has written.

b010dqgd_640_360.jpg

Info on John Wilson's Twitter posted by thecondy:

JohnWilson14 (Morrissey's interviewer tonight) has just tweeted that:

- autobiog is finished, 200,000 words = 660 pages, currently redrafting but out next year. Moz wants it to be a Penguin Classic.
- Moz doesn't follow J.Marr on Twitter
- he was eloquent and charming​

Another photo with John Wilson posted by joe frady:

x2_59d3e04.jpg

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 4:20 PM PT:

Best Friend On The Payrole has provided a link to download the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qki5e5

Link to the interview on YouTube from MuteWitness616:

goinghome posted the link in the comments:

Morrissey calls David Cameron ‘no better than a child-killer’ on BBC Radio 4 - by Adam Sherwin, Beehive City

Last edited by a moderator:
Blunt toe. Great programme. Hope the Mozzer talks about the missing bunny!

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

i got 10 bucks saying he cancels.

Funny. I said to my wife just now "How much you want to bet that there's some naysayer on Moz-solo who has already posted- I bet he cancels"?

God, I could have made a quick tenner.:lbf:

time to appear at Jools, dunno if Jools programme still runns.
A tv programme about 50 munites, 3 songs, a talk [preferely
taped earlier] and maybe 2 other bands who have a connection
with Morrissey or the Smiths

so much radio shows done

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

time to appear at Jools, dunno if Jools programme still runns.
A tv programme about 50 munites, 3 songs, a talk [preferely
taped earlier] and maybe 2 other bands who have a connection
with Morrissey or the Smiths

so much radio shows done

everyone's a critic....

John wilson did the interview in 2009, my monies on this being a repeat.

Front Row doesnt repeat old interviews from years back.

does he have a good or at least okay chemistry with the interviewer in 2009?

want to put money on that?

I believe the interview is not the repeat of 2009 because a part of 2009 interview was used for 2010 Record Store Day.

Any chance Jesse will have a bigger influence within the band? Possibly more writing credits on future material? I hope so!

want to put money on that?

Happy to put money on that, Lottie, coz the new interview has already been recorded.

Happy to put money on that, Lottie, coz the new interview has already been recorded.

well theres no point now you've told me that, lol and yes i did email the show and was told it is indeed a FRESH interview.. im nicely suprised, my apologies to you and Moz for doubting it. :)

well theres no point now you've told me that, lol and yes i did email the show and was told it is indeed a FRESH interview.. im nicely suprised, my apologies to you and Moz for doubting it. :)

And next you are going to portray yourself again as one if not the greatest Morrissey fan who ever lived and knows everything about him and never grumbels about anything he wears and says and does even though you costantly do?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom