Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - BBC Radio 4

Reminder: interview to air today, Apr. 20 at 7:15PM BBC Radio 4. Post your reports in the comments section below.

According to the Radio listings in next week's Radio Times (16-22 April 2011) it says :
'John Wilson interviews iconic singer/songwriter and former Smiths frontman Morrissey'.

This is due to be broadcast @ 7.15pm-BBC Radio 4-Wednesday 20/04/2011.
Cannot see anything on the FrontRow website yet. Hopefully this is the first of a few media appearances. Thought the Front Row interview of 2009 was excellent.

Kewpie sends the link to the confirmation on the Radio Times site.

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 8:30 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted the Radio 4 site update with photo:

Morrissey talks to John Wilson

In a rare interview, Morrissey talks about David Cameron, the Royal Family and the autobiography he has written.

b010dqgd_640_360.jpg

Info on John Wilson's Twitter posted by thecondy:

JohnWilson14 (Morrissey's interviewer tonight) has just tweeted that:

- autobiog is finished, 200,000 words = 660 pages, currently redrafting but out next year. Moz wants it to be a Penguin Classic.
- Moz doesn't follow J.Marr on Twitter
- he was eloquent and charming​

Another photo with John Wilson posted by joe frady:

x2_59d3e04.jpg

Update: Apr. 20, 2011, 4:20 PM PT:

Best Friend On The Payrole has provided a link to download the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qki5e5

Link to the interview on YouTube from MuteWitness616:

goinghome posted the link in the comments:

Morrissey calls David Cameron ‘no better than a child-killer’ on BBC Radio 4 - by Adam Sherwin, Beehive City

Last edited by a moderator:
You are able to write everyday Steven? Not an artist then- but a fame loving liar. Same old bullshit. Grow up for Gods sake!

Is this what they call a media blitz? R4 then R2 and a single and best of out in the same week is some going.
I thought he was munificent tonight on the tranny. I will stick knitting needles in my eyes everytime dermot says something on saturday tho. :mad:

This, from his interview with Buzz Aldrin: "Buzz Aldrin, first man on the moon, how did it feel?"

Isn't he currently living in England? :squiffy:

Very exciting to know the autobiography is written and in its last draft...I could read MUCH MORE than 660 pages - he shouldn't trim too much. Sounds like he doesn't want to retire at 55 anymore! I'll die with him on stage - or near it! It was a nice interview and I can't wait to hear more from him soon!

Everyday is like 'A' Sunday? Not a good start when the host gets the title wrong of one of Morrissey's most famous and renowned tracks. Or was he talking sundae?

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

Everyday is like 'A' Sunday? Not a good start when the host gets the title wrong of one of Morrissey's most famous and renowned tracks. Or was he talking sundae?

And then he gets "There is a light..." wrong. There is a light that will never go out? Why does this moron keep asking Morrissey about reforming the Smiths? Can't these interviewers think of anything else to talk about?

think he sounded quite content.decent interview.concerts to look forward to,interviews,new tour t shirt...and a lovely day outside.

Re: Article: Morrissey to be interviewed by John Wilson on "Front Row" 20th April - B

thanks a lot, goinghome, as always good info, when you read this article,
the intervieuw is clearly,as talking about The Smiths is a waste of time,
thinking about it's questioned too many times, so the real info was innit:thumb:

[so no sir/knight Morrissey/Marr, or prince William must be coming King, which
I think is gonna happen, if Elisabeth can do another 5 years, he's the King,
Charles is anything but a King, let him walk in kilt and become goatfarmer]

That's an interesting link gh. Strange though, cos I listened back to the interview and Morrissey does not say 'Dave' is no better than a kid-killer. The website quotes the exchange as ~ 'Would he open the dressing room door to Cameron?' “I don’t think I would because it’s a moral issue. Killing a stag is like killing a child, what’s the difference?” On the version broadcast the second sentence is omitted.
Somebody playing funny buggers? At this web-site? At the BBC?
I could imagine it might be something he would say, but, on this occasion at least, he did not.

I love the idea of the biography being published as 'Penguin Classic'. If that can't happen, then I recommend maybe it should be published as an Everyman Contemporary Classic, preferably with a cream dust cover.

http://www.randomhouse.com/knopf/classics/sets.php?id=0

Failing that, maybe the biog should be published in a number of formats including Mills & Boon, McGraw Hill Education (including a series of SRA reading cards), and maybe even one of the yellow "Complete Idiot's Guide" series in the hope of getting a #1 in the best sellers.

This.

That's an interesting link gh. Strange though, cos I listened back to the interview and Morrissey does not say 'Dave' is no better than a kid-killer. The website quotes the exchange as ~ 'Would he open the dressing room door to Cameron?' “I don’t think I would because it’s a moral issue. Killing a stag is like killing a child, what’s the difference?” On the version broadcast the second sentence is omitted.
I could imagine it might be something he would say, but, on this occasion at least, he did not.

He isn't Vegan. Never has been.

meat is murder

yeah he drinks milk, wears leather belts

I guess you know what I meant

damn, uou have to explain every word, or they hop on your back

give it rest, all, not just Brell but all who think know it all, and just
make fuss over little facts, vegan or vegatarian

celibate or bisexual, caring love or body to body, etc.

' and they say he's mentall'

He has actually pretty much said that before now. well not directly at cameron just in general anybody hunting/killing animals.

Nice interview, even if it was very brief. Moz must wanted to get back to writing. With over 100,000 words, does he think he will eventually be paid by the word? :lbf:

Seriously, this will be an important book with I hope some mass appeal, like The Forsythe Saga.

The Morrisythe Saga!

Last edited:

. Killing a stag is like killing a child, what’s the difference?” On the version broadcast the second sentence is omitted.

Actually I could see why they would delete this, it is a tad bizarre for mainstream media. But in another sense, I sould see why he would say it. Not many people might understand this sentiment, but I could see why he would say this. If he did.

I thought the interview was quite nice. I've listened to it on a number of levels, not today, just been thinking about it. But, I thought their back and forth was pleasant.

Wow, Morrissey looks so old now.[

Father time is catching up with o'l mozzer he now has more wrinkles on his face then I do on my nut bag.

I'm only kidding I think he looks pretty good for his age there are people half his age, that look his age.

Well spotted, Joe. I'd just come in and hadn't actually heard the interview yet, picking up the commentary first. It's very irresponsible of the BBC. Are there any journalistic standards left anywhere? "Things have been tough without the dum dum boys, I can't seem to speak the language". ;)

But how about this for news:
"Penguin, whose Classic imprint was launched in 1946 to provide the best books for the affordable price of sixpence, said Morrissey's wishes could be accommodated. A spokeswoman told The Independent: "There is a natural fit between Morrissey's sensibility, his artistic achievements and Penguin Classics. A book could be published as a Penguin Classic because it is a classic in the making. It's something we would like to discuss with Morrissey."[/B]
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ing-war-hinges-on-classic-status-2272620.html

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom