Morrissey to feature in the Ravinia Festival (Highland Park, IL, Sep. 14, 2019)

46642_ravinia_info.jpg

https://www.ravinia.org/ShowDetails/1685/morrissey

The festival is in Highland Park, Illinois.
Regards,
FWD.

John sends the link:

Ravinia summer 2019 lineup: Lionel Richie, Queen Latifah, Kesha and Morrissey make their Highland Park debut - Chicago Tribune

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure but a maybe there are two options, to attend live or to watch on the screen. This can explain the different price.

I think that he will physically be on the Ravinia stage. The lawn screen is setup for the “big acts.” They will be simulcasting the show on this screen so that the people on the lawn can still see the “action” on the stage.

You can hear well enough from the lawn but the design makes it hard to see properly, so for more high profile concerts they add a lawn viewing option.

This is great news! I love Ravinia. Bring a picnic basket, some cheese, some wine and hang out on the beautiful lawn while you wait for Morrissey to take the stage. Then, pack up your stuff and sit in the pavillion to watch the show. Ravinia is perfect for Morrissey's (now older) audience. I'm sure there are MANY fans that don't want to drive to downtown Chicago to see his shows, but will be on board to see him at Ravinia....

Ravinia has "viewing" screens throughout the venue...If you're not in the pavillion (near the stage); you won't be able to see him playing. The sound is excellent no matter where you're sitting.

One caveat, get there early if you want a spot. Many Ravinia "snobs" stake out a HUGE area with their picnic area when they could have easily used a fourth of the space.
Trust me...it will be awesome to see him there. I can't wait!

This sounds like a cancellation in the making if I’ve ever seen one.

Morrissey is going to HATE this venue. This isn't a place for serious artists. It's a place where lame-o, soft rock, contemporary musicians play. Their fans (I should say season ticket holders) bring picnic baskets and blankets. I saw Morrissey at Chastain in Atlanta back in 2007, where it's the same exact set up. He was disgusted and he let the crowd know throughout the entire night. I was really excited to hear of his return to Chicago, but this isn't the place. I really hope this gets moved to a different venue. Otherwise, I could easily see this one being cancelled.

Morrissey is going to HATE this venue. This isn't a place for serious artists. It's a place where lame-o, soft rock, contemporary musicians play. Their fans (I should say season ticket holders) bring picnic baskets and blankets. I saw Morrissey at Chastain in Atlanta back in 2007, where it's the same exact set up. He was disgusted and he let the crowd know throughout the entire night. I was really excited to hear of his return to Chicago, but this isn't the place. I really hope this gets moved to a different venue. Otherwise, I could easily see this one being cancelled.
well i think this prissy ass BITCH should suck it up.

Play Meat Is Murder at Ravinia!
Today the scumbags at Butterball recalled 78,000 pounds of raw ground murdered Turkey because people got sick from Salmonella Schwarzengrund.
Where were the headlines when these Turkeys were bein' murdered?!
Where were the headlines when these tender Birds of wonder were forced into the filthy existence of a factory farm?!

Today the scumbags at Butterball recalled 78,000 pounds of raw ground murdered Turkey because people got sick from Salmonella Schwarzengrund.
Where were the headlines when these Turkeys were bein' murdered?!
Where were the headlines when these tender Birds of wonder were forced into the filthy existence of a factory farm?!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I hope Morrissey does play more venues that serve dead animals, be there and shine light on the disgusting unnatural behavior of these people who continue to eat animals.

Actually, I think he knows this, Canada for example. I’m sure he’ll continue to try his best, to change menus for the day of his show, but it’s not always going to be possible.

Would be great if he did a 50 minute version of Meat IS Murder.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom