Morrissey to play Hollywood Bowl (26 October, 2019) Interpol supporting - Morrissey Official FB

full

(Ticket link = Ticketmaster).

Image from the 2 posted by @madness.la on IG:

3a9141e5e06aee48434845cd65fd2f73.jpg e49d800083f06e5ce4f087368d781cc9.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 31:

Link to press release posted by Thewlis:

Show in Irvine is sold out.
http://portable-infinite.blogspot.com/2019/07/morrissey-sells-out-five-points.html?m=1

Morrissey Sells Out Five Points Amphitheatre, Announces Hollywood Bowl Tour Finale
The Britpop icon will end his US Fall arena tour at the legendary Los Angeles venue on Oct. 26 joined by special guests Interpol
Tickets onsale Friday, August 2nd at 12 P.M. EST

The Los Angeles love affair with Morrissey continues. Due to popular demand, Morrissey has announced the final show of his arena headline tour at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, October 26th. This special show will be the Britpop icon’s last stop on a sprawling U.S. fall tour that will see Moz across both coasts. The show was announced this morning on KROQ and comes on the heels of Morrissey selling out the antepenultimate show of the tour at the Five Points Amphitheatre in Irvine, California.
Touring in support of his latest LP, 60s/70s covers album California Son (Étienne Records/BMG), Morrissey will kick off the tour on September 5th in Maryland’sMerriweather Post Pavilion. The rock pioneer will be joined on the road by post-punk luminaries Interpol. California Son entered Billboard’s Vinyl Album Chart at #1 in May.
Morrissey’s "Smash Hit" Broadway residency kicked off his 2019 campaign earlier this summer with a series of seven "instant sell-out" shows at Manhattan's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. Critics worldwide raved about the run, which saw Moz draw material from throughout his remarkable repertoire of hits ranging from his storied early days with the Smiths to his acclaimed solo releases. Jon Pareles of The New York Times described his opening night performance as “ impeccably sung” and “as intimate as his songs themselves.”
Fans still remember Morrissey’s last Hollywood Bowl appearances as two of his all-time best. Morrissey himself will find it hard to forget the 35,000 seat sell out for the launch of his Low in High School tour, which lead the Mayor of Los Angeles to officially proclaim November 10th as “Morrissey Day”.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
A few months to the gig but he used to sell that place out within hours of tickets going on sale, its not even 50% sold at the moment, wonder what's changed?

His UK fan-base has totally hemorrhaged in the last 18 months as a result of his continuous bizarre support for right-wing politics. Album and ticket sales have dropped away in the UK by between 60 and 70%. Scarcely a week goes by without some other related news story appearing e.g. about record shops that won't sell his CDs any more, sellers of advertising space banning his promotion, Smiths/Morrissey disco nights closing down, former celebrity fans/bands declaring their disgust at his views. The issue has been all over the music news publications and websites, but also made it to the main media outlets a few times. Pretty much everyone in the UK must have picked up on this by now, and it's having a huge impact.
Elsewhere in the world, I'm guessing the impact is considerably reduced but it sounds like it's now having some effect on US sales, too.

On a serious note. What really is next for him? Can anyone really see UK/Europe again?
Maybe Mexico and South America, but anywhere else, really ?

On a serious note. What really is next for him? Can anyone really see UK/Europe again?

The fan-base hasn't disappeared - it's just been slashed, probably by about 60% (in the UK). He could still tour the UK. On his last arena tour he sold about 50,000 tickets. He could now probably sell about 15,000 tickets in total, so arenas are out of the question but he could do a small tour of, say, 1,000-2000 capacity venues (although there would probably be protests outside each venue).
Or he could make an extremely clear and unambiguous statement withdrawing his official support for a right-wing political party, and his stated sympathy for the likes of Stephen Yaxley Robinson and Nigel Farage, and try to fix the colossal amount of damage he's done to his reputation.
If he formally withdraws his support for the For Britain party, I will go to his concerts and buy his CDs again. If he doesn't, I won't. It really is as simple as that. Although he couldn't care less about one person's views (e.g. mine) unfortunately it seems that I represent about 50% of the fan-base. Your choice, Steve.

LOL, i must be mis-remembering Doncaster, February 2008 when Moz had Noise is the Best Revenge support him. That dreadful band his nephew fronted.

Nice try though, pal.

God, they were bad. Think that was the other nephew, Johnny, and his band.

The fan-base hasn't disappeared - it's just been slashed, probably by about 60% (in the UK). He could still tour the UK. On his last arena tour he sold about 50,000 tickets. He could now probably sell about 15,000 tickets in total, so arenas are out of the question but he could do a small tour of, say, 1,000-2000 capacity venues (although there would probably be protests outside each venue).
Or he could make an extremely clear and unambiguous statement withdrawing his official support for a right-wing political party, and his stated sympathy for the likes of Stephen Yaxley Robinson and Nigel Farage, and try to fix the colossal amount of damage he's done to his reputation.
If he formally withdraws his support for the For Britain party, I will go to his concerts and buy his CDs again. If he doesn't, I won't. It really is as simple as that. Although he couldn't care less about one person's views (e.g. mine) unfortunately it seems that I represent about 50% of the fan-base. Your choice, Steve.

Good points.
But: Reading, Portsmouth and Edinburgh were not sold prior to the collapse last year. I know he had toured in Feb/Mar, but still not big venues.
I just don’t know what to think.

He needs to shut his mouth, sack his nephew, put his pub band on 'gardening leave' and completely disappear for a year whilst the present media shitstorm dies down. Then - if he does come back - he needs to retract all the verbal diarrhoea that has come out of his mouth, condemn For Britain and land an incredible new single. I don't think it's very likely..

LOL

:poutingcat:skinny as surface:

2 days ago it was 20 percent sold out
now its 5o percent sold out.:drama:

:lbf:

a dozen pit Moz tickets is more:moneybag: than the
twat DramJ and his 'woke fam' have seen
in their dramatic wig wearing lives.:bow:

He needs to shut his mouth, sack his nephew, put his pub band on 'gardening leave' and completely disappear for a year whilst the present media shitstorm dies down. Then - if he does come back - he needs to retract all the verbal diarrhoea that has come out of his mouth, condemn For Britain and land an incredible new single. I don't think it's very likely..

M will be fine.

He needs to sleep, drink fruit infusedwater, and hot water with lemon and raw honey, eat lots offruits, and whole grain and then take lots of giant fibrous shits. He also needs: a tan, 6 -8 facials, new skincare products, 6- 8 sessions in the sauna /cold plunge. It's very important to take giant shits. I don't leave the house or a HILTON GARDEN INN until i've pooped. This in spite of my demanding responsibilities of being one of Claptons top generals.

PLEASE MORRISSEY, GO HAVE A POO.

All valid points apart from the 'pub band'. I'm guessing you are not a musician? He's got some great people in his group - really talented songwriters and multi-instrumentalists. Check out, for example, the flamenco guitar solo on Stairway to University - the song may not be to your taste but that is an inspired piece of musicianship. There were some great musical compositions on High School and World Peace - they were largely just let down by the worst lyrics he's ever written, especially on High School. The Alain Whyte era band could fairly have been dismissed as pub rock (or chug rock) but certainly not the current lot. Credit where it's due.

Good points.
But: Reading, Portsmouth and Edinburgh were not sold prior to the collapse last year. I know he had toured in Feb/Mar, but still not big venues.
I just don’t know what to think.

The Feb/March tour was arenas - his joint biggest to date but many of the arenas were at least 3/4 full. At the previous arena tour , many were half full/empty. So that 2018 tour was probably his most successful ever.

The Feb/March tour was arenas - his joint biggest to date but many of the arenas were at least 3/4 full. At the previous arena tour , many were half full/empty. So that 2018 tour was probably his most successful ever.

Yes all very good, but then he shot his mouth off and couldn't even sell out Castlefield Bowl in his home town and is now struggling to sell out the Hollywood Bowl. Some of the dates on the American tour have pitiful sales, something has changed, what do reckon that is?

Yes all very good, but then he shot his mouth off and couldn't even sell out Castlefield Bowl in his home town and is now struggling to sell out the Hollywood Bowl. Some of the dates on the American tour have pitiful sales, something has changed, what do reckon that is?

Yes, that's the whole point! 18 months of frighteningly destructive and idiotic statements and gestures has frightened off nearly three quarters of his UK fan base and, seemingly, a huge chunk of his fans elsewhere hence the pitiful Hollywood Bowl sales.

It would be great to be able to bring some hoolies along and fight antifa outside the venues. I picture glorious riots for hours with multiple casualties and many hopefully dead.

BRAP

Yes, that's the whole point! 18 months of frighteningly destructive and idiotic statements and gestures has frightened off nearly three quarters of his UK fan base and, seemingly, a huge chunk of his fans elsewhere hence the pitiful Hollywood Bowl sales.
He always hated the fake fans anyway and this way he can make those leave and mingle with real fans who used to be nazi skinheads and football hooligans.
That fat woman in Germany meant he had enough.

"jaaaaa everyone racist ja meine dad was a nazi death camp leader who fed me jews so I am grosse now jaaaaaa Morrissey can you hear me ich habe keine anung but this knackwurst in my analen makes me wunderbar ja ja".

Retirement and we all pray for it. His days were numbered when american tour girls treated him like some global air mile event. I bet they are all antifa now or cast minorities for MTV shows.

Well excuse me that is the same thing.

He always hated the fake fans anyway and this way he can make those leave and mingle with real fans who used to be nazi skinheads and football hooligans.
That fat woman in Germany meant he had enough.

"jaaaaa everyone racist ja meine dad was a nazi death camp leader who fed me jews so I am grosse now jaaaaaa Morrissey can you hear me ich habe keine anung but this knackwurst in my analen makes me wunderbar ja ja".

Skinny, how much have you had to drink?:grimacing:

Retirement and we all pray for it. His days were numbered when american tour girls treated him like some global air mile event. I bet they are all antifa now or cast minorities for MTV shows.

Well excuse me that is the same thing.

Agree with that
Trinity, Violet and that awful malnourished Belgian killed it.

Poached from FB (thank you) :

FB_IMG_1565604123615.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Unlike Britian, in USA we dont live and die by every little word Morrissey says, we seek him for a whole of who he is, he is wonderful.

Aren't you a bit frightened that your species in Britian goes nuts over one sentence? You are evolving backwards.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom