Morrissey tour Illness was the flu

so Contact Music reads solo and/or TTY

"...He is adamant the recurring illness was a bout of influenza, and insists he was so ill doctors advised him to avoid spreading the bug by refusing to shake fans' hands during gigs..."

and he doesn't mind spreading the germs...nice

Probably pretty sad, but I'd rather shake hands with him and get the flu than not shake hands with him. I'm likely to get the flu from boring people around me anyway.

I actually interpreted that line as doctors advising him not to shake fans' hands so he wouldn't get the flu - but he didn't care and got sick anyway.

Last edited:
Probably pretty sad, but I'd rather shake hands with him and get the flu than not shake hands with him. I'm likely to get the flu from boring people around me anyway.

AGREED :thumb:

I actually interpreted that line as doctors advising him not to shake fans' hands so he wouldn't get the flu - but he didn't care and got sick anyway.

yes......
Since every living person appeared to have some strain of flu, there seemed no reason why I should escape it, and I could not listen to medical advice that cautioned me to stand back from the audience and not to shake anyone's hand. Life has come to this?

Last edited:

Thats what I got out of it too, seems that someone read it wrong!

Re: antibacterial hand gel

Morrissey should use this:

carex-aloe-vera-antibacterial-hand-gel-50ml-1036-p.jpg

It would be more cost effective and newsworthy if he dipped his hands in a wash basin of Vodka to kill the germs and then sprinkle the crowd like the pope.

This link allowed me to find a HQ version of "Alma Matters" video. I've never seen it as good as I've just watched.

If he really had the flu while touring he deserves a medal. The vommitty/dehydrated part last a few days, but it knocks you out physically for weeks.

Morrissey is unable to go to wash his hands everytime he shakes hands of the audience.

Hmmmm. Then maybe the audience should be disinfected. Foot and hand washes at the entrance and regular spraying of antiseptic from the stage. Could use perfume to disguise the aroma......

Comme d' Gardisinfectant

Back
Top Bottom