"Morrissey Wasn't Dropped By His Record Label" - Billboard

Re: Morrissey "...still under contract..." with Harvest - Billboard.com

Saw this in the other thread. Can't wait to see his response. Never a dull moment.

2014. What a year in Mozland. Jeez.

I knew it!
Moz must have just been a bit 'refreshed' and while Julia was out buying groceries he thought he'd have some fun on the computer and when Julia got back she was like "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" and Harvest were like "LOLWOT?!" and we were all like "Boo hoo squish squish sadface".
We've all been there!
All's well that ends well...

I can't help thinking it's the Teletubby solution again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey Wasn't Dropped By His Record Label - Billboard

Despite a rumor that picked up steam as it crisscrossed the world, Morrissey still has a record label.

The incorrect assertion was first put forth by Morrissey fan site True to You. The bard himself has written for the site previously, giving its assertions around Morrissey's business dealings more ballast than the average website and fueling the fast spread -- which Billboard reported -- of the false reports.

In spite of that, Billboard has confirmed that Morrissey is still under contract with Harvest, the label behind his most recent album, World Peace Is None of Your Business.

A source close to the situation tells Billboard that Moz has not been dropped by Harvest/Capitol, and that his contract with the company calls for two releases, the first of which was World Peace.

Morrissey raised some hackles last week in a rambling letter -- the rhetorical style most favored by the rock icon -- posted to the aforementioned fan site, in which he took Harvest and Capitol Music Group chairman Steve Barnett to task for not producing music videos for World Peace. (Moz also criticizes several others for various ethical or existential infractions in the post.)

Morrissey is set to play the first show behind World Peace in Lisbon, Portugal, on Oct. 6.

UPDATE Aug. 16:
Morrissey response:

Morrissey responds to Billboard report, insists the Harvest relationship is over - true-to-you.net

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought it strange that Harvest didn't remove Morrissey from their website. Hmmm, another case of "devious, truculent and unreliable"?

I'll tell you what else springs to mind. Universal are digging their heels in, they've taken time to check the legals, and they may force Morrissey to do what he said he'd do. If that happens, then another one like this may happen...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_Contractual_Obligation_Album

P.

Might be a good excuse for Moz to deliver that covers album instead of giving Harvest new original materia.

I'll tell you what else springs to mind. Universal are digging their heels in, they've taken time to check the legals, and they may force Morrissey to do what he said he'd do. If that happens, then another one like this may happen...

P.

Looking forward to Swords 2:The Return of Jaffar

This 'fansite' True To You is becoming more unreliable by the day, Morrissey will be doing his statements from here next you wait and see...

As a fan since the olden days of The Smiths, it's clear that this sort of chaos has swirled around his career since day one. Money problems, label drama, passive aggressive missives, blame casting on others, etc... It's nothing new and I imagine it will never change. Morrissey is the common denominator. It's a shame that this tsunami of bullshit is overshadowing what I consider to be an excellent collection of new Moz songs. Sigh.

P.

Ever think that maybe M is forcing Harvest to do what the contract says? The contract that both parties signed?
That, if they do not, he will break contract and/or force legal action? M is much more than an employee there and Harvest knows this.... xx

If Swords part deux is released I really hope we get another cover photo of him looking cross-eyed.

So, what's the agenda here? Falsely claiming to be fired from Harvest, in an attempt to actually get fired?

Use your brain a little. This clearly has to do with the whole Cliff Richard Jewish-Masonic conspiracy thing so rightly and justly given pride of place on the front page.

Use your brain a little. This clearly has to do with the whole Cliff Richard Jewish-Masonic conspiracy thing so rightly and justly given pride of place on the front page.

Wrong thread...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom