Morrissey wears Gucci embroidered seersucker slim jacket in "Jacky's..." video

Link posted by Famous when dead (original post):

Embroidered seersucker slim jacket - Gucci
$ 2,750

PRODUCT DETAILS
The idea of an Alchemist’s Garden, a magical place filled with lavish flowers and animals of all species, inspired the Fall Winter 2017 runway and is reflected in the details decorating this seersucker jacket. A recurring motif throughout the collection, an embroidered moth embellishes one of the sleeves and is combined with an embroidered "Biddenden Road" label – inspired by the name of the road in Kent that leads to Sissinghurst Castle and one of the Creative Director’s favorite gardens, from which he draws inspiration. The interior hides an embroidered flower appliqué, denoting the House’s attention to detail.

• Half lined
  • Dark grey seersucker stripe cotton wool
  • Embroidered moth appliqué and "Biddenden Road" ribbon embroidery on the left cuff
  • Embroidered flower applique on interior
  • Half canvas construction
  • Peak lapel
  • Single-breasted
  • Formal, slim fit
  • 74cm length
  • 56% cotton and 44% wool
  • Made in Switzerland
41618_486390_Z455G_1165_001_100_0000_Light-Embroidered-seersucker-slim-jacket.jpg

Related items:

I'm not totally vegan. If something has honey in it, like baked goods, I won't freak out about it and start bleeding from the eyes! So I must be a 'hypocrite', or we need a new name for those that are vegan but don't entirely exclude honey.

Been vegetarian since early 87 (because of 'MIM'). And vegan since 95. And I've never felt better!

I remember telling M a long time ago that I was vegan, he seemed impressed, obviously it was something that he at that time couldn't do yet. Of course I didn't look down on him, though I did feel a little superior to him ! :lbf:

The fact you were influenced by MIM proves that Moz/Marr have done more for animals than almost any musician you can name. They have converted people! You have been vegan way longer than me so all I have is respect for you honey or not!

The fact you were influenced by MIM proves that Moz/Marr have done more for animals than almost any musician you can name. They have converted people! You have been vegan way longer than me so all I have is respect for you honey or not!

:thumb:

:D

I love that song. So catchy!! I want to thank you too because you softened my attitude toward Moz (again). I'm still disappointed he wears wool but overall he has still done so much. I hope he can evolve a little further on this clothing matter, however. :thumb:

My final thought on Wool-gate 2017:

If Morrissey persists in wearing wool as a vegan, then he should have no problem getting his next haircut from Michael J. Fox.

(Just to see how the other side lives, y'know? Could be some good insight for a new song.)

Last edited:
please go back and reread all my posts, I think you'll find that not to be true.

Haven't logged in a while... but, Jesus! Is this what became of SoLow? People like you makes me despise this place.
Stop defending Steven the Hypocryte. The guy is a huge disappointment to all of us.

Oh - ''Member since 2015''. That figures... Tell us all about how Low in High School (which sounds like a f***ing Ace of Base pastiche) is his greatest achievement, and that he is misunderstood.

Last edited:
if he can call himself a humasexual, then, maybe it would be better if he invented a new label?

first he would have to define his veganism... a vegan who may occasionally wear some article of clothing that is not 100 percent vegan friendly. THERE IS NO REAL PROOF of him eating dairy, so I'm not gonna even go there.

Or maybe it's just easier and makes more sense just to call oneself vegan and not care what others say or think. Nah, that's too sensible.

And where were all you folks to call him not vegetarian when he wore leather shoes all those years ?

peoples reactions here are ridiculous, to say he least.

GET A GRIP, MOVE ON.

Look, it's not about 'getting a grip.' Morrissey identified as vegan on the Larry King show. After a while of skirting around the subject he finally put the subject to rest and to make his point pulled off his show to prove it wasn't leather. So far so good. If you are going to identify as vegan though you can't be wearing wool products. You can't have 'shades of veganism' the definition is VERY clear cut AND Morrissey has proven he understands the harmful effects of wool on animals by writing on the subject in regards to Australian wool practices.

This type of thing (wearing wool) is problematic for him if he is going to promote himself as a vegan.

Haven't logged in a while... but, Jesus! Is this what became of SoLow? People like you makes me despise this place.
Oh - ''Member since 2015''. That figures... Tell us all about how Low in High School (which sounds like a f***ing Ace of Base pastiche) is his greatest achievement, and that he is misunderstood.

I know it's awful ! I know nothing ! Anyways, you mean to tell me Morrissey has more records than
'World Peace' and 'LIHS' ? and they're better? Someone mentioned him being front-man to some band called the Smithereens ? I thought his older band was called the Doors, guess I was wrong, I look into this, you seem like old old very old big huge fan can you recommend to me which Smithereens album is your favorite? Thank you in advance.

That jacket is a scary reference, I wonder what he is trying to tell us?

KYuPU.jpg

PEOPLE, no fur. PLEASE ANON make the microscope and paste here so people read.
WHY??? AH no REPORT of MOZ jacket! why say fur when you no touch jacket and not
have the REPORT FROM JACKET! Jacket can be acrylic or gummy stretch but NO FUR REPORT
Anons always write crazy with NO report.

I thought everyone was getting their knickers in a twist about Sissinghurst Castle. The gardens are truly lovely though and not one sheared sheep to be seen.

'morrissey makes a huge fuss, thats why he is up on a pedestal,'

because he makes a 'fuss' that is why he is on a pedestal ?

'HE put himself there'

well, I wouldn't say it's a pedestal that he put himself on, but for the sake of argument then, shouldn't we and don't we all put ourselves up on some kind of pedestal of self worth however delusional? Ashes to ashes, etc.

'but this is morrissey who expects everyone else to be perfect.'

we can expect perfection from ourselves and others... but it's not going to happen. But that's no reason to hang someone because they expect things of people, agree it is a fault.... but, not a crime.

You're missing the point. There are many people who don't eat meat or dairy, and still wear some leather or wool, myself included. I'm a hypocrite for that, I know. To rectify it I now buy vegan Docs, and only buy wool when it is second hand.

The difference is with Morrissey is that a) he is buying ridiculously expensive garments, which use the products of animal slaughter in their manufacture, not second hand clothing. This is money he could spend on expensive vegan alternatives. B) He has made a career and lots of money out of singing about the slaughter of animals, and preaching to others about the virtues of standing up for animals. He has done this while still eating dairy, up until recently, and still wearing expensive clothes which contain materials taken from animals. To cash the checks for Meat Is Murder, play that song at his concerts and preach, while still wearing wool, leather etc is incredibly fraudulent, not just hypocritical.

PEOPLE, no fur. PLEASE ANON make the microscope and paste here so people read.
WHY??? AH no REPORT of MOZ jacket! why say fur when you no touch jacket and not
have the REPORT FROM JACKET! Jacket can be acrylic or gummy stretch but NO FUR REPORT
Anons always write crazy with NO report.

hear ! hear ! on the ' gummy stretch' ! :thumb:

yeah, I get it :straightface:

:lbf:

but no, these blazers are not to be eaten, even if they do look mighty scrumptious when modeled by Morrissey.

:brows:

but think of the convenience and spectacle ! if instead of M throwing his shirt out to the crowd, the crowd comes on stage and eats the blazer right off his bod !

:brows:

but think of the convenience and spectacle ! if instead of M throwing his shirt out to the crowd, the crowd comes on stage and eats the blazer right off his bod !

but if you eat it you cant take it home and do unseemly things with it! that's a problem! also a problem is that nn-vegan people will inevitably say "look, there's vegans for you! cant find anything suitable to eat (get it, suitable?!) so they resort to eating clothing!"

no! It will never do! :straightface:

but if you eat it you cant take it home and do unseemly things with it! that's a problem! also a problem is that nn-vegan people will inevitably say "look, there's vegans for you! cant find anything suitable to eat (get it, suitable?!) so they resort to eating clothing!"

no! It will never do! :straightface:

'cant find anything suitable to eat'

:laughing:

'suitable' !!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:!

;)

You're missing the point. There are many people who don't eat meat or dairy, and still wear some leather or wool, myself included. I'm a hypocrite for that, I know. To rectify it I now buy vegan Docs, and only buy wool when it is second hand.

The difference is with Morrissey is that a) he is buying ridiculously expensive garments, which use the products of animal slaughter in their manufacture, not second hand clothing. This is money he could spend on expensive vegan alternatives. B) He has made a career and lots of money out of singing about the slaughter of animals, and preaching to others about the virtues of standing up for animals. He has done this while still eating dairy, up until recently, and still wearing expensive clothes which contain materials taken from animals. To cash the checks for Meat Is Murder, play that song at his concerts and preach, while still wearing wool, leather etc is incredibly fraudulent, not just hypocritical.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of people who have given up meat since Meat is Murder was released because of Morrissey's actions. Tens of thousands will have gone the whole hog (pun intended) to veganism. Morrissey's impact on contributing to the destruction of the meat industry is absolutely amazing, possibly greater than any other human being in history. It really doesn't matter now what he wears and eats himself.
He could subsist on pate de foie gras, and wear nothing but leather and fur for the rest of his life, and his impact would still be unrivalled. He's never sold many records (he's a niche pop star) partly because he's an awkward off-putting vegetarian whose views about animals make meat eaters feel extremely uncomfortable. He has sacrificed huge commercial success for the sake of raising awareness about the meat industry. A truly amazing guy. The trolls round here who complain about him not being 100% vegan are insanely jealous of the impact that his life's work has had on the animal community. They can only dream.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom