Morrissey's 1st solo show at Wolverhampton

A friend of mine at Uncut is working on a feature on Morrissey's first solo show at Wolverhampton and is looking to see if there is any memorabilia for it about. Programmes, flyers, tickets etc. They are going to use Kevin Cummins photographs of the show but the problem is that because Morrissey's PR didn't get him there till minutes before the show there aren't enough shots and they need something to fill the space.

Anyone possibly have anything to add to such?

Re: Morrissey's 1st solo show at Wolverhamptom

there are loads of photos of the gig.

Re: WolverhamptoN

:rolleyes:

John Peel announced the news, people had to wear a Smiths Tshirt to get in, no ticket was released.

I found out about the gig just a day before from NME when I was travelling Scotland, rushed from Edinburgh, but due to some cheeky people who managed to break the queue, I was unable to get in (so were some of Mike Joyce's guests). :(

Last edited:

There were no tickets, programmes or flyers etc. So I wouldn't bother looking for any. I turned down a lift as I didn't fancy my chances of getting in. However my would-be travelers were the cheeky ones that Kewpie mentioned who jumped the queue.

Your friend should contact the estate of Tim Broad and see if he can get his hands on a copy of the concert on film.If he succeeds in that maybe he could then share it with the rest of us that have been hoping to see it for over 20 years.

Hmmmm

Your friend should contact the estate of Tim Broad and see if he can get his hands on a copy of the concert on film.If he succeeds in that maybe he could then share it with the rest of us that have been hoping to see it for over 20 years.

If thelastofthefamous' friend managed to get a copy from the estate of Tim Broad, he won't be able to leak the footages.

He won't take a risk which damages his career.

Last edited:

7 page 'special' from the fanzine "Smiths Indeed", 'Winter 1988' ~
4302820461_50893bb0d8_b.jpg

4303571728_6f9235357c_b.jpg

4302822835_c8bd5671c8_b.jpg

4303599910_7c1c387291_b.jpg

It's always illuminating to look back at contemporary accounts of these things. My favourite line in all this is from a Ms. Anne Ward ~ Morrissey looked "porky and nervous."
Whenever I read hereabouts some Morrissey fan ranting on about how dire things are I always think back to that description of Moz, possibly nearing the height of his physical perfection, as porky and nervous, and I think ~ Morrissey fans: mental then, mental now. :)

Well for 'fans', they certainly were very critical of poor Moz.

Sod the cold, I would kill to have been in their position.

Last edited:

Thanks for the replies. I was able to send him a copy of this poster I have to which he has traced to photographer Steve Double who apparently also has several other very nice shots. As for the Tim Broad video footage, I don't think that's going to surface any time soon, unfortunately. I don't know how many times I must have watched the Hulmerist video back in the day with the Wolverhamptom footage...good stuff!

Re: WolverhamptoN

Thanks for the replies. I was able to send him a copy of this poster I have to which he has traced to photographer Steve Double who apparently also has several other very nice shots. As for the Tim Broad video footage, I don't think that's going to surface any time soon, unfortunately. I don't know how many times I must have watched the Hulmerist video back in the day with the Wolverhamptom footage...good stuff!

I'm afraid it's Wolverhampton, not Wolverhamptom.

I think we all knew what he meant. No need to be a smart ass.

A friend of mine at Uncut is working on a feature on Morrissey's first solo show at Wolverhampton and is looking to see if there is any memorabilia for it about. Programmes, flyers, tickets etc. They are going to use Kevin Cummins photographs of the show but the problem is that because Morrissey's PR didn't get him there till minutes before the show there aren't enough shots and they need something to fill the space.

Anyone possibly have anything to add to such?

buy Hulmerist

between MORRISSEY's early videoclips, with a stunning live 'footage version of
'sister I'm a poet
between there are shots about that day, the vibe, the animals, t shirt mate:lbf:
etc

I'm wondering what's to add, maybe more pics from the gig?

NME did a huge item on that gig

so, so, so...

:confused:

And I always thought it was Wolverhamptom as well......

I haven't watched Hulmerist for years. I would dig it out if it weren't for the fact I only have a copy on vhs!

Morrissey fans: mental then, mental now. :)

LOL! That should be this site's slogan. It should be on the front page underneat the title. Someone prepare a new logo picture with the new slogan and submit to David posthaste. :thumb:

Re: Hmmmm

If thelastofthefamous' friend managed to get a copy from the estate of Tim Broad, he won't be able to leak the footages.

He won't take a risk which damages his career.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's footage not footages.

Back
Top Bottom