Morrissey's controversial political view - do you agree with him?

Morrissey's controversial political view

• No opinion about this subject

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: please elaborate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kewpie

Subscriber
Yes, he did it again.

The majority of us predicted that he'd mention about Falkland Islands during his Argentinian tour.

British tabloids are enraged his outspoken comment.

Do you agree with Morrissey or not?

Yes, he did it again.

The majority of us predicted that he'd mention about Falkland Islands during his Argentinian tour.

British tabloids are enraged his outspoken comment.

Do you agree with Morrissey or not?

The majority of "us." That's a laugh. Morrissey is completely correct. Those islands BELONG TO ARGENTINA, ALWAYS HAVE. Just like this website BELONGS to Morrissey FANS, not you, and not the "Administrator". One day, you'll get it. Now, go randomly merge a thread that has the word, "the" in common with another thread. That's what you're best at.

Sorry but this thread is a blatant copy of the "Sun: Morrissey wades into Falklands row" one which was posted 30 minutes earlier.
Can someone please merge this one into the earlier and original version?
Thanks.

The majority of "us." That's a laugh. Morrissey is completely correct. Those islands BELONG TO ARGENTINA, ALWAYS HAVE. Just like this website BELONGS to Morrissey FANS, not you, and not the "Administrator". One day, you'll get it. Now, go randomly merge a thread that has the word, "the" in common with another thread. That's what you're best at.

Christ that was funny.

Technically, though, the site does belong to the administrator. Other than that...

cheers_sam.jpg

I just find it hilarious, I've had about 5 abusive texts from people who know I'm a Morrissey fan, I'm gonna have some fun with this one.

I have known a couple of British Falkland Islands War vets in my time, and you know what?
Looking back, none of them think that war was just at all, given my past I understand this completely.
And like them(& other Vets against war) and Morrissey, I believe the Falkland Islands War should have never happened at all.

ps: the last just war may or not have been the one against Hitler

I think we should give the Falklands/Malvinas back to the original inhabitants.

Oh wait. Shit. That's not Argentina either! f***.

P.S. Morrissey shut the f*** up about things you know little or nothing about and stick to vandalising your own back catalogue and asking Jesse to learn new barre chords. regards ,

I gather Steven doesn’t know Spanish for ‘please buy my back catalog’.

I suspect that any British 'celebrity' that ventures as far afield as Argentina will be asked about the islands - let's face it, (If the tabloids are to be believed) what else does anyone in the UK know about Argentina apart from the islands and a short war we had with them?

That and they all cheat at football. Not just one bloke 20 years ago, but they all do it.

Oh, hang on, wasn't there a group of Welsh people who settled there? Don't they continue to play Rugby? Aren't they all still called Jones?

Wasn't Madonna the president as well?

Personally, I couldn't give a stuff about a tiny island thousands of miles away. I'd have preferred it if Morrissey had spoken out about the beef industry in Argentina...

Dave

The poll choices don't really match the thread title.

I disagree with Morrissey's view (because the choice of the people living in the Falklands is the relevant consideration, plus taking into account the length of time of occupation, and no recognisable pre-existing Argentinian claim) but, of course, he should be free to express it, even at concerts.

Last edited:

icon_232.gif

I cringe at the way the s*n writes its headlines - like the journalists and editors were first on the beach at Port Stanley rather than being thousands of miles away sat behind a desk making sh*t up.

"I wish Kipling and 'The Captain' were here...."

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The poll choices don't really match the thread title.

I disagree with Morrissey's view (because the choice of the people living in the Falklands is the relevant consideration, plus taking into account the length of time of occupation, and no recognisable pre-existing Argentinian claim) but, of course, he should be free to express it, even at concerts.

Did you really expect them to? Look who created it.

I have known a couple of British Falkland Islands War vets in my time, and you know what?
Looking back, none of them think that war was just at all, given my past I understand this completely.
And like them(& other Vets against war) and Morrissey, I believe the Falkland Islands War should have never happened at all.

ps: the last just war may or not have been the one against Hitler

Most people refer to that one as World War 2. "That war, you know, the one against Hitler" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Back
Top Bottom