Morrissey's December Speech 2017 - SER / YouTube

41828_stateoftheunion_20171218.png

41827_stateoftheunion_20171218_2.png

(posted on SER's YT channel).

This is definitely a never seen before, direct to camera discussion from Moz.
Chart position, Der Spiegel, questioned by the American Secret Service as a result - possibly no free access to the US!?
"Whatever will be in 2018 will be..."
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.

1) Chart position woes. Everyone's against me
2) Hateful press, usually the Guardian.
3) 'It emerged in print' in Der Spiegel
4) 'The right wing has adopted a left wing stance which shuts down free speech'
5) Low in High School Campaign was shut down by the haters
6) I was cross-examined by the Secret Service
7) I have to wait and see if I'm allowed to enter the US again
8) Won't somebody think of the children, at least me
9) Don't believe what other people say about me

In summary. I'm f***ed.

Hahaha, allow me to like you Skinny though I know you hate me if you ever felt I was worthy of any such feelings from you which I doubt.

Loved your summary there.

Again, that's The Sunset Marquis. He is building up the "I am not in the USA now" " will the USA let me back in" because he needs the money from the foreigner tour that starts in February and all foreigner Steve fans hate the USA. I have never heard any musician or actor that was interviewed by The Secret Service to say nice things about them. Steve Morrissey really is all American.

Jesus he's totally lost his mind...

"the hateful press I've received over the last few weeks"

Maybe you shouldn't say hateful things then, you f***ing arsehole.

This is wonderful :flowers:

I mean Morrissey talking to his audience. The SS thing is awful, of curse, but it's a sign of the times.

Last edited:
I am also very confused by his obsession with the charts... In every phase of his career, it seems like something that haunts him (or at least so it seems from reading his Autobiography and archived interviews from the 1980s and 1990s). I have never once, in my admittedly brief time spent as a serious music fan, looked up where records or bands are placed in the charts. It's never been a thought in my mind. I imagine it must be important to him because he grew up looking at the charts? But in these times with so much exposure to different bands and records, it's simply not necessary to consult the charts to see who is selling and who is not. It does not make the slightest impression.

I wish Morrissey could be happy with his rightfully earned place in music history and as a pioneer of indie music, but it seems that it's not enough. It is sad to watch.
If he really was worried about getting back in the charts he'd do a few tracks with Johnny Marr. It may not fulfill his creative and independent desires, but he would very most likely, at least in the UK get a #1 record at least for a week.

While I STILL am stunned that he just can't say what we all REALLY want to hear I gotta give him props for recording this statement. But, If I were his management I would probably be a heavy drinker...well, I already am, ahem, but good God this is a easy layup and he can't seem to execute it. Still, he clearly gives a shit. That's got to count for something, you farkin arseholes.

It gets worse. The deranged old prick even uses the phrase "will of the people" - a phrase first patented by Joseph Goebbels to bully Germans into voting for the Nazis

It really does seem like it is the exact same 'Anonymous' person that keeps posting on this website...

It really does seem like it is the exact same 'Anonymous' person that keeps posting on this website...

Three posts in two weeks (well, four including this one). So whoever you're on about, it's not me.

Anyway, care to address the fact Moz is still playing the victim, and now also quoting Goebbels?

I can't bear to sit though the video. What did he say?:sick:

It doesn’t matter.
You can make up your own version.
Don’t look and listen to the words coming from his mouth, just “embrace” the “consensual reality” about what everybody else thinks and you’ll be good and on the good side, or site.
That is all what natters in the “present and current climate, innit? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's not the "main" singles chart, but sales only - it doesn't include streaming, and there's not that many people still buying records/downloads (and keeping the b-sides vinyl only doesn't help either...)

Pssh... it which case it's the only one that actually counts. Streaming? :rolleyes:

Other artists ended up like this and it didn't take long until they were found dead. Expect Moz to die in 2018.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom