Morrissey's "Drive-In Saturday"

Vegan

I finally got "Swords". My expectations were naturally modest for a "B-Side" collection. One thing that surprised me was how good Moz's take on "Drive-In Saturday" was. Has he done any other Bowie covers?

Overall the album will need a few listens for many of the songs to take root.

I finally got "Swords". My expectations were naturally modest for a "B-Side" collection. One thing that surprised me was how good Moz's take on "Drive-In Saturday" was. Has he done any other Bowie covers?

Overall the album will need a few listens for many of the songs to take root.

I think "swords" is possibly morrisseys greatest work, of which there are many!

I seem listen 2 this CD more than any other! I have the lot!!!

"Friday, friday mourning , dressed in black, I wont be coming back"
And " run, run young man thru the glen, run run young woman thru the glen and see if i care see if care see if a care, see if a care"
And " Take me to the place I've been dreaming of where the grotesquely lonelly meet the grotesquely lonely, and they whisper just very softly please, be mine, dearest love be my dearest love"

Incredible moving lyrics and pleasing vocals ! :)

You have much 2 look forward 2 !

Ps seeing as your quite new 2 the wonderfull world of morrisssy, check out KristeenYoung 2, I think you will like her!!!!!
Shes INCREDIBLE !!!!!!! beautiful vocals, you have never heard anything like it in your life!

Shes is very similar 2 morrissey, ive bought all her CDs 2
WWW.KRISTEENYOUNG.COM
The Gothic princess ! and shes on u tube!

Shes got a new album out soon! :)

Hey Ive just noticed my signature is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:)

Ps seeing as your quite new 2 the wonderfull world of morrisssy, check out KristeenYoung 2, I think you will like her!!!!!
Shes INCREDIBLE !!!!!!! beautiful vocals, you have never heard anything like it in your life!
Dear Vegan, most of what Midnite wrote is true, but please ignore this. Kristeen Young is awful, as a singer, songwriter, performer, and seemingly as a person also.
Back to Swords, it is great, but that's not a surprise because Morrissey has a perverse knack for putting some of his best songs on b-sides.

Dear Vegan, most of what Midnite wrote is true, but please ignore this. Kristeen Young is awful, as a singer, songwriter, performer, and seemingly as a person also.

Well thats your opinion of which your entitled.

But those of us in the know, hiding in the shadows, who know our music, know differently!
Yes we do!!!!
................................* MIDNITE giggles with a twisted smile :) *............................

( decided its best 2 delete the rest of what I wrote here, as im not quite ready at the moment, but I will be very soon! )

Well in off now 2 listen 2 newstalk ZB wellington, new zealand radio talk show on my tablet !
I listen every day ! :)

Ive downloaded the radio.net app, its great for the radio, you can listen 2 all kinds of stuff from any country in the world!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
I think part of the appeal of swords for me is just the diversity of musical styles on the album z a lot of his albums tend to be somewhat thematic with the rockabilly of arsenal the progressive rock elements of southpaw the laid back relaxed orchid vibe of maladjusted to the more indie, american indie, electro pop of quarry to the louded pop rock of refusal to the world music toppings of world peace (funny to me). Swords seems to present moz in a Bunch of different musical settings when all the songs are gathered together which is nice for a change of pace. A not so seriously put together moz album but still one full of great songs

Back to Swords, it is great, but that's not a surprise because Morrissey has a perverse knack for putting some of his best songs on b-sides.
Also ignore what calamine lotion said and decide for yourself.

image.jpeg
I think "swords" is possibly morrisseys greatest work, of which there are many!

I seem listen 2 this CD more than any other! I have the lot!!!

"Friday, friday mourning , dressed in black, I wont be coming back"
And " run, run young man thru the glen, run run young woman thru the glen and see if i care see if care see if a care, see if a care"
And " Take me to the place I've been dreaming of where the grotesquely lonelly meet the grotesquely lonely, and they whisper just very softly please, be mine, dearest love be my dearest love"

Incredible moving lyrics and pleasing vocals ! :)

You have much 2 look forward 2 !

Shes is very similar 2 morrissey, ive bought all her CDs 2
WWW.KRISTEENYOUNG.COM
The Gothic princess ! and shes on u tube!

Shes got a new album out soon! :)

Hey Ive just noticed my signature is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:)

Also ignore what calamine lotion said and decide for yourself.

I agree.
I would say 51 year old Kristeen Young is talented but only in a pub band/ club. Mini gig kind of way. I admire the way she carries on.
It's funny how she gets untold stick, yet she is miles and miles better than Sam Gary Barlow ryder. Who does nothing. The real leach in the Morrissey story ( if which there are many) is Sam. A huge embarrassment. He looks dreadful, nothing like his handsome uncle he has zero personality and no talent. Morrissey let's him carry on as he knows he's got nothing and is nothing. Hanging around is all he has.

Kristeen thought he was a retard aa well.

I agree.
I would say 51 year old Kristeen Young is talented I admire the way she carries on.
It's funny how she gets untold stick, yet she is miles and miles better than Sam Gary Barlow ryder. Who does nothing. The real leach in the Morrissey story ( if which there are many) is Sam. A huge embarrassment. He looks dreadful, nothing like his handsome uncle he has zero personality and no talent. Morrissey let's him carry on as he knows he's got nothing and is nothing. Hanging around is all he has.

Kristeen thought he was a retard aa well.

Yea I completely agrea, kristeen is wonderfull ! .......... absoultley amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thinks shes about 41 ? Im about In the same age range!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom