Morrissey's pen is....

Tingle3

The sleeve art for WPINOYB appears to show Mozzer holding a fat pen of some sort. It looks as though it has a knotted clip. Does anyone here know enough about fountain pens to know what brand it is? Is it some sort of Montblanc or some other fancy piece?

As portrait I rather like the sleeve. It seems to be reminicent of a portrait of an artist holding a paint palette and brush. The pen is the tool of his trade. Maybe the dog is a metaphor for everyone else? Morrissey taunts the world with his pen. "You want it but you can't have it. And you couldn't use it even if you had it."

http://c.morrissey-solo.com/photopost/data/50/wpinoyb_1500x1500.jpg

I like your take on this and can see it.

Ok I'll try. Dogs are man's companion. Forever loving and dedicated. Maybe morrissey is saying, you don't love me, you love my writing. The dog is looking at the pen, not morrissey. Morrissey face is indifferent, knowing that this is the reality, as it has been his entire life.. He may have our attention, like the dog, but what we want is that pen, making him ultimately irrelevant because internally he feels he is so much more than that.

The message on wall... represents the press/people who are telling Morrissey to just WRITE LYRICS (with pen); don't concern your yourself with animal rights (dog) and politics (peace); it's none of your business (message). They are saying shut up. He is protesting this... thus the format: graffiti (font).

Just an idea. :p

The message on wall... represents the press/people who are telling Morrissey to just WRITE LYRICS (with pen); don't concern your yourself with animal rights (dog) and politics (peace); it's none of your business (message). They are saying shut up. He is protesting this... thus the format: graffiti (font).

The heir of Crystal Geezer...
LD_knighted.gif

No that's it alright and pretty obvious too. It's the least vague and mysterious title he's ever had and that's not a bad thing, just an observation.

Maybe he was asking the dog, "Do you know what the phuck Im supposed to do with this? Because I sure as hell don't. Not anymore.." (Confused look on his face) - Dog owner takes picture.

maybe he was asking the dog, "do you know what the phuck im supposed to do with this? Because i sure as hell don't. Not anymore.." (confused look on his face) - dog owner takes picture.

lol :d

Back
Top Bottom