Morrissey's Zagreb Rider - Croatia Week and Večernji.hr

cool thanks detritus. seems he is vegan these days though i dont know when the switch accrued. for all i know he could have been for a while now

Thank you for pointing out this mistake by my secretary. I will discuss the matter with her in due course. I do not consume 'coke', not even the fizzy drink, so have no idea why you refer to me as 'cokehead'. Perhaps you're getting me mixed up with someone else? *smirks*

I am not surprised to read your admission that you never venture beyond this forum. Given the poor quality of your contributions to this one, I think many other sites have been spared an avalanche of tedium. If you stop obsessively following me, it might leave you time to explore all those fascinating Irish Holocaust Denial blogs. Ask 'Surface' for a list.

best
BB

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you are really funny! I like you!

Is everyone aware that the thing he said onstage at the 02 before Asleep was a Klaus Nomi quote? He's quite prone to say equally dramatic things on stage. For example, I remember the "whatever happens, please don't forget me"-line back in '04. And I'm pretty sure he's used the Nomi one before, as well.

But yeah, well put.

I feel really quite unsettled reading some of the comments here. I just want Morrissey to be okay. I'm not going to sit in a make believe throne of judgement and express a disappointment I'm not entitled to feel. Vegan, veggie or meat eating sadist, I just hope he is okay.

Is everyone aware that the thing he said onstage at the 02 before Asleep was a Klaus Nomi quote? He's quite prone to say equally dramatic things on stage. For example, I remember the "whatever happens, please don't forget me"-line back in '04. And I'm pretty sure he's used the Nomi one before, as well.

But yeah, well put.

The same Klaus Nomi who died of AIDS related complications?

What pearls of wisdom can we expect next, Gregor? JFK used to get death threats all the time?

What pearls of wisdom can we expect next, Gregor? JFK used to get death threats all the time?

The very same, but what does that has to do with anything? Just because you quote someone doesn't mean you share his/her fate.

I was just pointing out a piece of information that no one, to my knowledge, has yet to point out. Everyone got all jumpy after he said those words and I'm just saying it doesn't have to be a big deal. But too bad you had to be a jerk about it, unprovoked. But...there we are.

But yeah, well put.

Well, it was hardly a direct quote, since Nomi was singing Dido's Lament (from Purcell's Dido and Aneas) on a track called "Death". And it's not the first time he's referred to this particular track since he chose to play it on a BBC radio 1 programme called "My Top 10" in 1984. I shouldn't worry about it.

When Andy Peebles asked Morrissey in 1984 whether death was something that troubled him greatly, Morrissey replied "Not in the least". I don't think you need to worry either just yet.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/55595-Morrissey-quot-My-Top-Ten-quot-(BBC-Radio-One-1984)

Last edited:

This is not the first time Morrissey has ended a gig by quoting "remember me - but forget my fate", so I wouldn't read too much into it. I remember back in 2004 at (I think) the Earl's Court gig at the end of the tour, he finished with "There is goodbye, and there is farewell. This is farewell" - and everyone here immediately thought it was a retirement statement.

Morrissey is a big old drama queen, and always has been. He loves a bit of melodrama, and I take the recent cancer trolling in a similar vein: he probably just had some scrapings for pre-cancerous cells, yet wants everyone to think he is at death's door, rather than admit he is currently cancer free. He'll still be touring in 25 years, pulling the same shit to gullible fools.

But yeah, well put.

Well, it was hardly a direct quote, since Nomi was singing Dido's Lament (from Purcell's Dido and Aneas) on a track called "Death". And it's not the first time he's referred to this particular track since he chose to play it on a BBC radio 1 programme called "My Top 10" in 1984. I shouldn't worry about it.

When Andy Peebles asked Morrissey in 1984 whether death was something that troubled him greatly, Morrissey replied "Not in the least". I don't think you need to worry either just yet.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/55595-Morrissey-quot-My-Top-Ten-quot-(BBC-Radio-One-1984)

I wasn't worried, but others seemed to be. The whole point of my post was to de-dramatize the whole situation by pointing out his previous use of this quote and others in the same vein.
And yes, it's Dido's Lament. I knew it wasn't Nomi who wrote it, but couldn't remember from where or whom it came.
And I would guess that Moz sees it as a Nomi reference rather than Purcell.

BB:
Cheers.

Gouda for a change
See the cheese I've had
Has been driving Brummie mad

So cheese cheese cheese
Let me eat the cheese that I like
Lord knows it may be my last cheese
Lord knows I'd love a bit of goats cheese

Haven't had a brie in a long time
See the livarot I had
Can make a blue vein man mad
So what's left of my life
Let me have some dairy-lee
Lord knows it may be my last cheese
I only eat organic cheese

Charlie-the-Cheshire-Cheesemaker (Ho ho ho)

In Madrid i remember he said "Remember me" at the end, with all the emotiion of the gig it sounds to me like he was saying a real goodbye, anyone else remember this?? And the way he did Asleep at the O2 sounds the same, he even whispers "Bye Bye" at the end of the song,
I dont know if we are thinking too much about it, but it seems like he is trying to say something, or maybe that's what he want us to think, i refuse to believe that the cancer thing is not real, but i think that maybe he should clarify some things to avoid more rumors.

He has cancelled tours because the has the sniffles so I doubt very much that he agonizing. Just your everyday drama from Moz.
Next tour it will be something else.

In Madrid i remember he said "Remember me" at the end, with all the emotiion of the gig it sounds to me like he was saying a real goodbye, anyone else remember this?? And the way he did Asleep at the O2 sounds the same, he even whispers "Bye Bye" at the end of the song,
I dont know if we are thinking too much about it, but it seems like he is trying to say something, or maybe that's what he want us to think, i refuse to believe that the cancer thing is not real, but i think that maybe he should clarify some things to avoid more rumors.

Doesn't he whisper Bye bye at the end of the Smiths studio version, as well?

"But he is under an unwritten social and moral contract which states one should not exploit illness for sympathy and publicity"

Haha. This site gets more puerile by the day. Mentioning biopsies in passing has f*** all to do with exploitation or publicity-seeking.

He said cancer scrapings not biopsies. HUGE difference John-Boy.

However much he discloses (or chooses not to disclose) is nobody's business but his. The frantic scramble of So_Low's towering intellects to try to "prove" why he should disclose his medical records is typically senseless and bizarre. "Unwritten social and moral contract"... what f***ing planet are you on? People do what the f*** they like - as the assholes on this site never tire of proving. Claiming that anyone is "under an unwritten social and moral contract" is nonsensical barrel-scraping of the most ludicrous kind.

Are you actually claiming that the Golden Rule which you adhere to every waking day of your life is not an unwritten social and moral contract? Please do yourself a favor and enroll in an introductory philosophy class asap.

He said cancer scrapings not biopsies. HUGE difference John-Boy.

Are you actually claiming that the Golden Rule which you adhere to every waking day of your life is not an unwritten social and moral contract? Please do yourself a favor and enroll in an introductory philosophy class asap.

But did he, though? How do we know? I for one do not trust articles that have been translated and re-translated several times.

In one of the Swedish interviews when asked what kind of cancer he had, he said he suffered from the cancer of modern life. Not the kind of answer you'd get from someone who's actually physically ill.

But did he, though? How do we know? I for one do not trust articles that have been translated and re-translated several times.

In one of the Swedish interviews when asked what kind of cancer he had, he said he suffered from the cancer of modern life. Not the kind of answer you'd get from someone who's actually physically ill.

If Morrissey had a problem with the way those articles were being perceived and reported on he would have made a statement on TTY. He is milking it for all he can. Being ambiguous and cryptic has served him well over the years. He likes to keep us guessing. It is his favorite pastime. Of course, unless the guessing leads to conclusions that he does not like. In that case, he will clarify. Since he has been mum, my take is that he likes us thinking he has (had) cancer.

If Morrissey had a problem with the way those articles were being perceived and reported on he would have made a statement on TTY. He is milking it for all he can. Being ambiguous and cryptic has served him well over the years. He likes to keep us guessing. It is his favorite pastime. Of course, unless the guessing leads to conclusions that he does not like. In that case, he will clarify. Since he has been mum, my take is that he likes us thinking he has (had) cancer.

I think you're right about him enjoying the guesswork and the drama. That's just who he is. No news there.
And it's hard to believe he's sick when he hasn't said as much.

This however doesn't mean he hasn't had a scare. That he's faced his own mortality more upclose than ever before and that it has stirred something in him. That I believe. The next album will be filled with songs about death and mortality (more than usual, I mean).

Last edited:
I think you're right about him enjoying the guesswork and the drama. That's just who he is. No news there.
And it's hard to believe he's sick when he hasn't said as much.

This however doesn't mean he hasn't had a scare. That he's faced his own mortality more upclose than ever before and that it has stirred something in him. That I believe. The next album will be filled with songs about death and mortality (more than usual, I mean).

Great apology. :clap:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom