Morrisseysworld.blogspot - true-to-you.net

Morrisseysworld.blogspot - true-to-you.net

14 May 2011

Morrissey would like it known that the site known as Morrisseysworld.blogspot is fake. Morrissey has no connection with the site and is therefore not the author of anything written on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Morrissey would like it known that the site known as Morrisseysworld.blogspot is fake. Morrissey has no connection with the site and is therefore not the author of anything written on the site."

http://morrisseysworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-man-probably-eats-dolphin-and-tuna.html

Not quite true. He is clearly the author of that item.

Doesn't Morrissey have anything better to do than to deny he is the author of what is obviously a rather amusing parody site?

"Morrissey would like it known that the site known as Morrisseysworld.blogspot is fake. Morrissey has no connection with the site and is therefore not the author of anything written on the site."

http://morrisseysworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-man-probably-eats-dolphin-and-tuna.html

Not quite true. He is clearly the author of that item.

Doesn't Morrissey have anything better to do than to deny he is the author of what is obviously a rather amusing parody site?

what you on about he is clearly the author? what was written on that blog was just taken from the message morrissey wrote on true-to-you.

what you on about he is clearly the author? what was written on that blog was just taken from the message morrissey wrote on true-to-you.

Yes, therefore he is the author of at least something written on the site.

I like the link to Neil Hamilton is innocent. Lol

If one could be bothered we could all set up a spate of fake Morrisseyblogs and he'd have to renounce everyone.

Morrissey is a clever man. There's got to be some subtext to all this. He doesn't do anything for nothing. I reckon there are a couple of possibilities. The first is that he genuinely likes the site and wants to publicize it - after all, that's what he's doing. I'd never have seen the site had it not been for this denial.

The second possibility - which is more likely, I think - is that there are some in-jokes on there. Maybe stuff only someone who knows Morrissey would know. Maybe some of the stories from the autobiography are not as fictitious as they sound. Wossy phones Mozza. Mozza issues the denial. It turns out Russell Brand is the man behind the blog.

Otherwise, why would Morrissey bother? No one has read it by all accounts.

The plot thickens...

That site is a great work of art...many thanks...made me chuckle!

I was watching the South Bank Show on the Smiths just the other day. There was an amusing, rather rakish looking fellow on there chatting about the world as he saw it. At first he was sitting at a desk fondling his Pritt stick, then later in a wing backed chair nailing down the coffin lid of the pop industry in just a few short words. This while wearing a French rugby jersey, when the French rugby jersey was a thing of great beauty and style. And cotton.

Whatever happened to that chap? I rather liked him.

"A lot of people reckon old Moz is a hard man to please but I beg to differ. For example, during the sessions for Your Gonna Need Someone On You're Side, we were experiencing technical glitches with the guitar sound. Ronson frowned and tapped the sound desk. mozza didn't get agitated. He came over to me and Al and said, "Boz take as long as you need. We only have eleven more songs to do. Oh and remember, if I wanted Shostakovich, I wouldn't have hired the Polecats.'

The man just has a way of making everyone around him feel at ease.

signed

Boz Boorer"

genius! I think I'll read it all again. Arguably the funniest Morrissey site ever created. No wonder the man himself recommended it.

Whever it is you truley are amazing:

2009 tour some excerpts;

Note to self: remember to consult private physician Re: snoring/sleep apnoea. Oh dear, I hope I'm not dying. Incidentally, my record contract ended a few days ago. Consider signing on for NI stamp purposes

-----------
Still, kewpie correctly noted Alexandra Palace was particularly good:

"One of the best gigs in 2009 (Score:3, Interesting)"
-------------

A man of my stature playing a venue called 'The Oasis Leisure Centre?' I think not. Anyway, according to 'TV Quick,' there's a good documentary tonight on 'natural animals.' I had a bit of a cough so I struggled to vocalise and ended up collapsing. Got a nice room in the local hospital, which certainly helped cut costs on this tour. Watched myself collapsing on the news. Dear God, that shirt looks awful. Note to self: consider 'Dear God that Shirt Looks Awful' as amusing song title for next album, in case I'm struggling. Nice post-modern connotations. ****return to this thought in 2010. Note to self: iron shirts for rest of tour (and tuck them in if poss.).
The hospital food was a nightmare. Thankfully, Boz delivered me some gourmet vegetarian cuisine after a taxi ride to London and back. 3 am - shared the food with Boz and played 'OXO' before retiring. I've beaten Boz 17 times in a row now. I hope he's not letting me win.

26 Oct 2009

I still have a cough. *coughs* Yep, I'll have to cancel Bournemouth.

And s for the autobiogrpahy, we're not worthy. Keep 'em coming

I honestly can't think of any reason why Morrissey would bother mentioning this site, unless he is the man behind it after all!

The tongue-in-cheek coarseness of the humour, the knowing irony and flair with language are Morrissey-like. I don't know, but unless he had wanted us to take a look, he would have kept his mouth closed.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of those blogs have been posted at internet cafes in the Cheshire area. You're a card, Morrissey! He always has had a self-effacing wit.

The second possibility - which is more likely, I think - is that there are some in-jokes on there. Maybe stuff only someone who knows Morrissey would know. Maybe some of the stories from the autobiography are not as fictitious as they sound. Wossy phones Mozza. Mozza issues the denial. It turns out Russell Brand is the man behind the blog.

Otherwise, why would Morrissey bother? No one has read it by all accounts.

The plot thickens...

Interesting thought. If it is Brand, the man is funnier than I realized. I thought he was just a boring nelly with silly hair who said mostly annoying things about nothing much at all.

I think the message was put on TTY to protect future autobiography sales....so people don't think that the supposed book chapter is real. IMHO it isn't as well written as the rest of the blog, which is absolutely hysterical and mimics Morrissey's prose style pretty amazingly. I am actually glad that it is getting some attention.

I think the message was put on TTY to protect future autobiography sales....so people don't think that the supposed book chapter is real. IMHO it isn't as well written as the rest of the blog, which is absolutely hysterical and mimics Morrissey's prose style pretty amazingly. I am actually glad that it is getting some attention.

If the book is half as funny as the blog, I might buy it!

I honestly can't think of any reason why Morrissey would bother mentioning this site, unless he is the man behind it after all!

The tongue-in-cheek coarseness of the humour, the knowing irony and flair with language are Morrissey-like. I don't know, but unless he had wanted us to take a look, he would have kept his mouth closed.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of those blogs have been posted at internet cafes in the Cheshire area. You're a card, Morrissey! He always has had a self-effacing wit.

Come now. You don't seriously believe Morrissey has sat and hammered in tongue-in-cheek insults against himself for the past two years, do you?

It's possible it's Brand but I'd put my money on it being some nobody with a talent for language.

Anyway, it's definitely NOT Morrissey!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom