Most Elusive Item

What is the most elusive item you've been trying to buy? Doesn't have to be anything rare. Just anything Moz/Smiths item.

For me, I keep losing auctions for a 7" Bigmouth Strikes Again. It's one of the few left that I need.

What is the most elusive item you've been trying to buy? Doesn't have to be anything rare. Just anything Moz/Smiths item.

I keep trying to get "Barbarism Begins at Home" on CD. I've watched the average price go from about $25 to $50 over the past 15 months, but since I've always been too cheap to pay even $25, I've watched dozens come and go...

I've also seen only two Canadian Rough Trade compilations come up for auction since 2006, and I've lost on both of them.

ebay experiences:

1) Luckiest buy: a pictureless auction lot of 12" with Smiths LPs and some "not noticed" 12"-Singles. Got it for small cash and as I reached the lot the 12inches are the Dutch Headmasters, The 12" Whitelaw William and the german bluecover Sheila :D

2) Unluckiest buy: a japanese Viva Hate with Hairdresser Single for a bargain. Unfortunately never got the item (maybe to cheap for the seller?) :mad:

3) angriest lost auction: A longbox collection I offered my soul for and got outbidden for some cents :mad:

I have been trying to complete the "You Are The Quarry" singles and have found it almost impossible to find copies of the US 4 track and the Europe (non UK) 4 track pressings of "First Of The Gang To Die".

Everytime I find a listing on ebay with the right tracks, it ends up being CD 1 or CD 2 of the set. :(

I have been trying to complete the "You Are The Quarry" singles and have found it almost impossible to find copies of the US 4 track and the Europe (non UK) 4 track pressings of "First Of The Gang To Die".

Everytime I find a listing on ebay with the right tracks, it ends up being CD 1 or CD 2 of the set. :(

I have a spare US version of FOTGTD available. PM if interested.

I want the 1 I can't have & it's driving me DAFT!

thesmithshandingloven333784vc.jpg

love

Grim

What I've wanted for years was a brand new, white "The Queen Is Dead" t-shirt. My old one's gone bad.

All the TQID shirts one can buy nowadays are either the cover on black or cheap knockoffs without the correct font. My target is the original TQID with (C) 1986 SMITHDOM written in fine print. I shall never find it, I know, but we all need impossible dreams.

have you ever seen it on ebay?

or have you Flax?

has anyone seen this ever?

I have never seen this. Apparently, only 25 copies exist.

I don't think it will ever appear on ebay, so I'm not even looking... at least not for less that $3000.

I contacted the guy from www.retro-smiths.com and he claims to have it. However he said that he's not willing to sell it unless somebody offers him something like £2500.

For me, I keep losing auctions for a 7" Bigmouth Strikes Again. It's one of the few left that I need.
Peepholism is my latest elusive obsession. I occasionally see an appearance blip here or there and then it's gone. I'd entertain a negotiation if anyone has a copy they don't want anymore. PM me!

It's silly, but I've been trying to get that "England Rose" shirt (of which I've seen two versions); I can't get a straight/consistent answer as to the sizing, so I haven't bothered.

:horny::horny::horny:

What a marvellous picture, Stefano. I think I'm starting to hate you ;)

I think the piece that took me longest to find was the "Motorcycle Au Pair Boy (Interesting Drug)" SPM29 (birthday issue), a wonderful person from here helped me.

Some of the items that are still on my endless wish list:
- Moz Quarry Interview Promo CD
- Moz Suedehead 3 inch CD
- "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" Moz/Smiths US 2CD Promo
- Smiths "Ask" Aussie 7 inch

and the HIG negative sleeve, of course (THE HOLY GRAIL).

love
-crsp-

Last edited:
I have not been collecting for very long but something I have never seen for sale are the "Hold On To Your Friends" cardsleeve cd-singles (dutch/australian). I have both for "The More You Ignore Me..." (thanks Stephane) but neither of the "Hold On To Your Friends" ones. Annoying.

I have never seen this. Apparently, only 25 copies exist.

I don't think it will ever appear on ebay, so I'm not even looking... at least not for less that $3000.

I contacted the guy from www.retro-smiths.com and he claims to have it. However he said that he's not willing to sell it unless somebody offers him something like £2500.

There has been a few on eBay over the years - I have owned this item - I bought it to sell it 3 years ago (I occasionally deal in music - sold it privately for £1,900).. if I remember rightly, the last one I saw was sold by my friend Brian for £1,600.

:horny::horny::horny:

What a marvellous picture, Stefano. I think I'm starting to hate you ;)

I think the piece that took me longest to find was the "Motorcycle Au Pair Boy (Interesting Drug)" SPM29 (birthday issue), a wonderful person from here helped me.

Some of the items that are still on my endless wish list:
- Moz Quarry Interview Promo CD
- Moz Suedehead 3 inch CD
- "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" Moz/Smiths US 2CD Promo
- Smiths "Ask" Aussie 7 inch

and the HIG negative sleeve, of course (THE HOLY GRAIL).

love
-crsp-

Was I that 'wonderful person':rolleyes: crisp???

Without doubt.. the hardest item I have ever tried to locate was the 'No One Can Hold A Candle To You' Promo Cd.

There were a few knocking about when it first appeared, but it quickly disappeared! :rolleyes:

Also some of the rarest Factory pressed bootleg Cd's are virtually impossible to find now.

I noticed several HIGnegs on the bay... to many for my taste...
I think there are a noticeable amount of fakes out there, so be careful!

Back
Top Bottom