Movie cliches/peeves

- The silly dilect à la Monty Python that Germans have in english speaking movies.
- That all Swedish girls are blond (trust me, Swedish girls can have a real hell abroad because of such stereotypes).

30years old people who have to play someone of 16. (Just watch the OC or Dawsons Creek! But those are series, not movies)

-If you see something, then turn away, it wont be there the next time you look.

-If you decide to launch into song there will always be backing music available.

-Everyone wears their shoes on inside the house. [very few people in real life do that.]

-Whenever at a bar or dance with loud music cranked up on high, the couple the audience sees talking have perfectly audible voices and can talk as though there is no music.

-The Eiffel tower is perfectly visible from any window in Paris.

-In action movies, there is always someone whose last words are, "Oh sh*t."

-Any teen comedy usually ends with a prom no matter the time of year.

-Men don't seem to show signs of pain when receiving brutal beatings, but do when women try to clean the wounds.

Denia said:

-Men don't seem to show signs of pain when receiving brutal beatings, but do when women try to clean the wounds.

Had to laugh out loud when reading this, but it's very very true.

just generally the name Arnold Schwarzenegger!

oh and Steven Seagal

all the actors/actresses who having won an oscar go on to make such utter nonsense just to line their pockets

Women who have the most riotous orgasms all from what appears to be a minute of penetrative sex (Showgirls, for example)...makes some of us normal girls feel inadequate!

Also those 'wholesome American moms' in movies who get up early simply to make mountains of breakfast food (muffins, waffles, pancakes, cereal...who the hell eats all that stuff?). Maybe it's just my family but the only time anyone gets up early to make everyone else breakfast is Christmas day.

Last edited:
Just remembered another one:

The whole 'oh-my-god-we-have-to-get-laid-by-prom' notion. Where I come from, if you're 18 and haven't had sex yet, chances are your mother cuts your hair, buys your clothes and walks you to college. Oh, and you probably like model aeroplanes.

Bad guys are unable to shoot hero or heroine, despite holding fully automatic rifles with a bottomless magazines. All bullets land inches from the hero as he fleetfootedly dodges them.

10 bad guys all with automatic weapons, perched at various vantage points are no match for one good guy armed with a pistol.

hate when actors can't express pain, come on being dislocated is f***ing painful, receiving a good one in the nose makes you cry like a baby, a kick in the head can kill you... come on even bulls suffer when you give em a knee to the balls...actors of the world pain exists, make beatings realistic...Beatrix Kiddo you are my quarry

Those are classic.

Talking of the Eiffel Tower, one movie that I thought was a real let down for a similar reason was Lost in Translation. Basically one enormous Japanese cliché.

Back
Top Bottom