Moz and teh drugkz

cattellar

So, apart from the apparent ecstasy, has the man taken other form of drugs? I wonder if he have had his share of weed or some hallucinogen. I was wondering this when I was hearing "I'm Not Sorry", some parts of the song I could interpret them as drug references.

"On returning, I can't believe this world is still turning, The pressure's on,
Because the pleasure hasn't gone"

"On competing, Oh, when will this tired heart stop beating?, It's all a game,
Existence is only a game
And I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've done
And I'm, Not looking for, Just anyone"

hehe, I'm just curious.

I think that line is a reference to the pressure of aging, and still not having a soul mate, could be totally wrong though...

Morrissey said he's on medication in 80s and he often said getting old made his life easier and bearable.

What gives you an impression that he still hasn't got a soul mate?

Confession time: If I learned that Morrissey was a regular drug user, dependent on them, I'd be mildly disappointed.

Morrissey said he's on medication in 80s and he often said getting old made his life easier and bearable.

That was prescribed medication though; I think the poster was referring to the illegal variety.

Confession time: If I learned that Morrissey was a regular drug user, dependent on them, I'd be mildly disappointed.
Only mildly? I would be incredibly disappointed. I remember once, a poster on these forums (It may have been Worm, or nightandday?) made a list of the Smiths and the drugs they had used. It went something like -

Mike Joyce: mushrooms, acid, cocaine, marijuana, alcohol
Andy Rourke: heroin, acid, marijuana, alcohol
Johnny Marr: marijuana, cocaine, alcohol
Morrissey - Genius; tea and Lemsip.

I think that sums it up.

Morrissey - Genius; tea and Lemsip.[/I]

I think that sums it up.

Um, and alcohol...

I really don't care whether he has done drugs or not, that's his choice and it would not make me think any less of him.

Smoking on the other hand... vile... Glad he hasn't ruined his lovely voice :)

I had to google Lemsip. I wonder if he likes Ricola. Or Ludens, which are basically just candy as far as I can tell, but tasty cherry candy. :)

Morrissey isn't averse to alcohol, but I've only heard of his being unpleasantly drunk on one occasion, during the last days of The Smiths, when he was uncharacteristically aggressive and hostile, presumably due to stress. He also used to ask his bandmates for cigarettes after a few drinks. There's some YouTube footage of him being interviewed by two disturbingly busty women at a James Maker gig in which he's fairly obviously under the influence. In more recent years, the (possibly untrue) story about him opening his heart to (and serenading) a French hotel receptionist makes more sense if he'd had a drink or two.

He's referred to the use of prescription antidepressants several times. As for illegal drugs, apart from Ecstasy, I've never heard anything. I can't see it, myself.

I really don't care whether he has done drugs or not, that's his choice and it would not make me think any less of him.

Me neither. Occasionally dabbling is encouraged, but I'm talking wake'n'bake sort of dependence, which I don't sense he does but if he did I'd understand why, I just would be disappointed. And YAY alcohol!

Um, and alcohol...

Yeah, he does drink, but I didn't include it because I don't think it was a large enough factor in his case, unlike Marr etc who arguably did have a serious drink problem.

He also used to ask his bandmates for cigarettes after a few drinks. There's some YouTube footage of him being interviewed by two disturbingly busty women at a James Maker gig in which he's fairly obviously under the influence.

OK, the cigarette story surprises me. So, Morrissey is not perfect, I can live with that :p

And as for the YouTube video, I have seen it too and here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyf23dt68nU

Edit: He's just too cute in the video

Last edited:
Morrissey isn't averse to alcohol, but I've only heard of his being unpleasantly drunk on one occasion, during the last days of The Smiths, when he was uncharacteristically aggressive and hostile, presumably due to stress. He also used to ask his bandmates for cigarettes after a few drinks. There's some YouTube footage of him being interviewed by two disturbingly busty women at a James Maker gig in which he's fairly obviously under the influence. In more recent years, the (possibly untrue) story about him opening his heart to (and serenading) a French hotel receptionist makes more sense if he'd had a drink or two.

He's referred to the use of prescription antidepressants several times. As for illegal drugs, apart from Ecstasy, I've never heard anything. I can't see it, myself.

For the interest of people haven't read the hotel receptionist's anecdote:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=80062#9

;)

"Some 9-year old tough who peddles drugs
I swear to God I swear :
I never even knew what drugs were"

:)

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

I don't care of Moz did some drugz. Who hasn't? haha.

p.s. hey DAVID...you have stolen my "keener window cleaner" line, and I am not a fan of this. Work it out! :eek:

I don't care of Moz did some drugz. Who hasn't? haha.

p.s. hey DAVID...you have stolen my "keener window cleaner" line, and I am not a fan of this. Work it out! :eek:

HAHAH i did not steal it! and i put that on Morrissey's Hair. :confused:

ive had it for some time but i will change it.

Back
Top Bottom