Moz and the heckler

Watching that, it felt like I was walking into a school to collect my kids and the teacher is telling off a little kid and although you know the teacher is right, you still feel that the kid is getting a bad deal!
Not a comfortable viewing.

Jukebox Jury

I agree. It's really sad.
I think he seems like a truly miserable old man.

Morrissey made a remark that felt to the kid like an insult, and he responded. It's not such a big deal, and might as easily been ignored. Seems it had been a while since anyone told Morrissey to go f*** himself, and maybe if he had he wouldn't have been so stressed about this non-event.

Can we go back to imagining Mike Joyce down a well again? :D

Morrissey made a remark that felt to the kid like an insult, and he responded. It's not such a big deal, and might as easily been ignored. Seems it had been a while since anyone told Morrissey to go f*** himself, and maybe if he had he wouldn't have been so stressed about this non-event.

Yes, I think Morrissey's remark got lost in translation and went down like a lead balloon..... but then again (stereotypical remark alert) the German's have never been known for their sense of humour:thumb::lbf:

Jukebox Jury

As someone who lives in a country where there are few fluent speakers of English I sympathize with people misunderstanding comments, especially humour.

I don't blame the heckler for thinking the joke was a slam (it was a bit awkward) but when he decided to respond like an bad-mouthed American with road rage he incurred the wrath of the Mozfather. At least he has a great story to tell his grandkids!

The Headmaster doesn't suffer fools well.
Dismissal and kick the shit out of very frightened German.
This Headmaster is not spineless.

Last edited:
i think those who think moz was wrong should go fuxk themselfs, who in there right minds would just stand there and let some one say that to them and get away with it ( joke or not) i wouldn't thats for sure

Hmm.. When I was about 11 years old, the Headmaster of my School rounded up all of the kids in the playground and told us that a Headmaster of a nearby School had last night been told to "f*** OFF" by a boy in our School uniform. He was looking for the culprit, and emphasised the words "f*** OFF" five or six times. Although i'd hear these words every day from other kids, to hear this from somebody with a suit and tie on who I was supposed to respect and look up to was really shocking.
This day came back to me when I watched this clip.
It's just not right to blurt these words out to an audience, whatever the circumstances.

P.S.. the headmaster never did identify the kid in question, however apparently it was Shaun Thompson from class 1B...and no, i'm not a grass ;)

Yes, I think Morrissey's remark got lost in translation and went down like a lead balloon..... but then again (stereotypical remark alert) the German's have never been known for their sense of humour:thumb::lbf:

Jukebox Jury

What the f*** sense of humor did Morrissey have? Saying "turn on the lights" and so forth? Was that really called for? Was Morrissey in good humor with that power play from the stage, to humiliate someone who just spouted off whatever?

I remember when Morrissey ruined the night for everyone in Cleveland just cuz one person in attendance held up a sign in support of Mike Joyce.

If you wanna go on about having a sense of humor, etc., that's fine. I didn't see any sense of humor from Morrissey in that YouTube clip. NOT AT ALL. Quite the opposite of a sense of humor from the boy on stage. All I saw was a thin-skinned pop star "losing it" on a fan who probably didn't even know what was going on.

If Morrissey had handled the situation with humor, I'd agree with you. But he didn't. He handled it like an ass.

Or, he handled it like a pop star who is trying to get in the press when his latest release ("Swords") is a rip off.

Last edited:
i think those who think moz was wrong should go fuxk themselfs, who in there right minds would just stand there and let some one say that to them and get away with it ( joke or not) i wouldn't thats for sure

After this happened, I remember someone said that
if there were more people in the audience then Morrissey probably wouldn't have even heard the remark.

Let's face it, comparatively speaking, there really aren't many of us left.
Maybe Morrissey should be a little more tolerant of the ones who show up at all.

Tags
*yer on ignore but i bait you
Back
Top Bottom