moz answered more questions on TTY..its official....

xfranklyx

no hope no harm
since he has all this new info on TTY, ie... answered new questions, a message with a list of some fav shows so far.
is he staying with julia and just posting this info on her computer hahaaahahha.
the first show back is in boston. hmmm....

p.s. i really dont care where he is staying right now i just wanted to mention the update

Whatever I said about the Smiths' abilities I meant. I very genuinely thought the music was Art, and I felt awed by it, and all of the groups of the day I saw as not-art. I thought Johnny was the greatest .... and also .... those masterful bass-lines ...

Aww bless him see he says nice things about Johnny why cant he say nice things bout Morrissey

Whatever I said about the Smiths' abilities I meant. I very genuinely thought the music was Art, and I felt awed by it, and all of the groups of the day I saw as not-art. I thought Johnny was the greatest .... and also .... those masterful bass-lines ...

Aww bless him see he says nice things about Johnny why cant he say nice things bout Morrissey

I just read that over at TTY and it made me smile.....so cute.

Also, can anyone imagine Moz in Tehran? that'd be so crazy :p

I also like the nice thing he said about Boz been a really close mate and very funny

was the comment about the bass lines a nice word for Andy Rourke? I'd like to think so. I only despise Joyce, and Joyce alone.

......I hate Mike Joyce by the way

Um I think Moz is taking the proverbial there. Irony, a British trait!

Interestingly, my right hand is cupped on the European version, but is straight on the US version

Who is your favorite painter ever?

Sylvester
Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA

I can't say. It isn't something I cared about until recent years.
Now I'm completely pulled in, but I can't speak with any authority on the subject.

--

Certainly, the early Smiths covers, for example 'Work is a four-letter word' and 'Golden lights' were done as acts of playful perversity - they weren't meant to be groundbreaking miracles of sound.

Manouvre Moz manouvre (or am I missing an E?)

When I told Patti I had released it as a single she said it wouldn't chart because of the 'Patti Smith curse', but we just missed the top ten by a few copies, even though, as always, zero airplay. I also had it in my mind that the opening line was "let it be known," which it isn't, it's "late afternoon."

hMM I smell a rat.

Morrissey on the release of that nadir of his career the There Is A Light live single, stipulated that he had no involvement and was unaware of the aforementioned release.

And as for the "I told Patti" reference, it reeks of pop aristocracy, albeit the alternative politburo

I'm not sure if they're actually even songs, or simply outbursts or showers of panic.

HA HA HA.

The only bit I actually like is the time onstage, which I obviously love. Otherwise touring is quite lonely.

Ah bless

The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look. I sing directly at the audience, and I look right into the audience - few singers do, I've noticed. I am addressing them with each line, and they react - one way or another - as if we are in conversation. Often, because of the light, I can't see people - this is usually at festivals or outdoor amphitheaters and is nobody's fault, but I tend to lose the thread when I'm singing to blackness. Also, if the security at the front are too stroppy and too controlling my anger rises. The shape of the hall, and how the audience are positioned - whether free to move, or shackled to their seats, or being slapped back by security, are all elements that can make or break a night. I'm just there-somewhere-in the gaps.

I TELL YOU THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST "INTERVIEWS" MOZ HAS DONE.

It only gets better:

So in my voice, I think young people hear someone who understands the routine of being dumped.... excavations of the heart, etc.

HA HA HA HA

Word up to Julia. This is astonishing:

I had done an album called "Kill Uncle" which Cathal thought was rubbish..... and he wasn't necessarily wrong.

New Zealand, South Africa, my beloved Scandinavia, Israel and Iran. I would love to sing in Tehran.

1) I think Morrissey should move to Sweden.

2) "I would love to sing in Tehran."

Well thats recommended beyond belief

David Johansen later asked me to sing on the new Dolls album, but I had to refuse - I'm not from New York and I'm not a Doll and I know my place...if nothing else.

MORRISSEE- MORRISSEEE

The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look. I sing directly at the audience, and I look right into the audience - few singers do, I've noticed. I am addressing them with each line, and they react - one way or another - as if we are in conversation. Often, because of the light, I can't see people - this is usually at festivals or outdoor amphitheaters and is nobody's fault, but I tend to lose the thread when I'm singing to blackness. Also, if the security at the front are too stroppy and too controlling my anger rises. The shape of the hall, and how the audience are positioned - whether free to move, or shackled to their seats, or being slapped back by security, are all elements that can make or break a night. I'm just there-somewhere-in the gaps.

I TELL YOU THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST "INTERVIEWS" MOZ HAS DONE.

I AGREE!

Does he really think we don't realize this? We DO, Moz! We know!!!! And we love you, btw, just in case you've ever doubted it!!! :)

I have to go to work now. :( I want to sit here and keep talking about this. This thread will be 25 pages long when I get home.

Oh and he just made me order New York Doll before I even finished reading what he said. I've seen it but now I must own it.

I AGREE!

Does he really think we don't realize this? We DO, Moz! We know!!!! And we love you, btw, just in case you've ever doubted it!!! :)

I have to go to work now. :( I want to sit here and keep talking about this. This thread will be 25 pages long when I get home.

Oh and he just made me order New York Doll before I even finished reading what he said. I've seen it but now I must own it.

Honestly, the magazine interview (yes that one!) pales into insignifance compared to this...

Word up to Julia. This is astonishing:

I had done an album called "Kill Uncle" which Cathal thought was rubbish..... and he wasn't necessarily wrong.

I absolutely LOVED this line........ All of us Kill Uncle haters can get some vindication from this..... I now don't feel bad for saying that it is crappy.

This whole Q&A was magnificent....Moz seems like he's in good spirits these days. :)

Loved it!

-D

Back
Top Bottom