Moz in Big Issue - Repeat!

troubledjoe

Have just bought this week's Big Issue, with Moz on the cover (Headline - "Don't buy my new DVD" Morrissey Speaks Out - As Usual). In spite of the fact that it claims he has "refused to do any gigs" and states that it was Moz himself who delayed YORefusal, its acually just a rehash of the Hot Press Interview, coupled with his quotes from TTY website.

Oh well...

Yes. My wife brought it home last week. I was initially surprised that an interview had passed under the sow-low radar, but a quick glance confirmed that it was a syndicated put-together!

At least some homeless person got 2 quid (to spend on booze!!!! Well thats what I do with my cash!).

Is it bloody 2 squid these days?? Bloody hell, I remember when it t'was under a pound.
Well I guess it has to rise to stay in-line with the inflation on Strongbow Cider.

I have one old BI here. I bought it when I last went to London.:tears:( "ah ffs! Be a DOG about it!")

I never paid attention to the cover except that the style of the photograph was somehow familiar...And today I check, and of course...

View attachment 5968

Is there any escaping this? Because if there is, I wanna know. This is starting to give me the creeps...Although less than Scream 6.

Hello Quiffaa. No new pics, I'm afraid. They don't even use the hot press ones, instead going for the West Ham Boys live shot, the Rome Pizzeria from TTY. The cover is a badly cropped pic from Ringleader era. I'm afraid I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, but yr not missing anything new!

In fact, just found the cover pic... It's this one, but with Moz badly cut out from the background and transposed on white. http://caffeine-headache.net/blog3/news-morrissey.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go then, nothing new, as stated above, but, meh.

2808305475_b4246d29c7_o.jpg

2809155214_836422c135_o.jpg

2808305965_afdd4b99be_o.jpg

2808306291_9aeefe6a0e_o.jpg

Peter

I am disappointed, the BI used to have interesting articles. I've always felt it is always a plus for the homeless to sell something people buy not only out of sympathy, but also out of genuine interest.

Oh well.

Ha, the "Gave her a hundred quid, can't remember why" bit. Classic. Now all the BI vendors will wish this generous man still lived in England...:rolleyes: As always, very appropriate in the context. For once it's not his fault though! :D

England's a swine, and it owes me... some reading...

Thanx much, Peter - I enjoyed the read. :) He speaks so well. :D I kind of giggled (uncomfortably) at the 'fan assassination' bit.

is it still on sale , the ones i see look differant to this one , wonder how i can get one ??

'fraid not vivabob; this issue is only available to those lucky northerners down south. Oor latest Issue cover star is some eejit who won a bicycling race someplace.

Is it bloody 2 squid these days?? Bloody hell, I remember when it t'was under a pound.
Well I guess it has to rise to stay in-line with the inflation on Strongbow Cider.

Well it's £1.50, but I get the impression that everyone rounds it up to the nearest quid?

I can be a Tightwad sometimes, but I've never waited for change from a Big Issue vendor!! :eek:

Tags
interview
Back
Top Bottom