Moz/Moon - Tribute: A One-Hour Dance Mix

Late last year, my dear friend Jennifer Moon Kelly lost a long battle with colon cancer. Days before she passed, she got to meet our hero, Morrissey. He was a true gentleman and treated her with kindness and love.
A week later, he spoke of her passing and dedicated “One of Our Own” to her at the same venue where she saw him for the last time. Part of his dedication was used for the intro to this mix.

Morrissey, Moon, this is for you. https://www.mixcloud.com/jeremymonsayac/morrisseymoon-tribute-vol-1/

40267_MozMoon---Tribute.png

If you enjoy this mix, please consider donating to her favorite charity, the WunderGlo Foundation, which is dedicated to eradicating colon cancer, via the link below, or donate to your favorite charity.

https://www.classy.org/events/-/e106153

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
A dance mix for someone that died?

Is it just me or does that feel just wrong in every way. A Morrissey fan and dance mix are two things that should never live alongside in each other in this world.

A more fitting tribute:

Sorry about my spelling errors above or use of a word one too many times.

A more fitting tribute:

Sorry about my spelling errors above or use of a word one too many times.

But sorry doesn't help us!
Forgive someone does.

A dance mix for someone that died?

Is it just me or does that feel just wrong in every way. A Morrissey fan and dance mix are two things that should never live alongside in each other in this world.

Have you ever been to a Morrissey/Smiths night at a club? There's plenty of dancing - so I don't think it feels wrong.

That he's a kind person!
Please don't confuse one act of kindness with a lifetime of the same. Morrissey has been a spitting, petulant goof for a very long time. He's dripped more venom into friends than anyone in the history of modern music. I suspect that this was a fleeting moment. It shows he's got a soul left in there, somewhere. ...but my bets are on more slagging, pontification and prostrating before we'll see another decent song from him. He's a f***ing cartoon at this point.

Have you ever been to a Morrissey/Smiths night at a club? There's plenty of dancing - so I don't think it feels wrong.
I have been yes but they didn't turn his music into a dance mix. Maybe the whole headline describes something else and maybe americans have other words but a dance mix is when you take a song and destroy it by turning it into a rave sounding version of a song.

Americans are so uneducated it is scary. They are like kids and just take words and turn it into something else.

I have been yes but they didn't turn his music into a dance mix. Maybe the whole headline describes something else and maybe americans have other words but a dance mix is when you take a song and destroy it by turning it into a rave sounding version of a song.

Americans are so uneducated it is scary. They are like kids and just take words and turn it into something else.

Maybe you can educate yourself on this mix by listening to it and then it won't be such a nebulous concept. BTW, nice job of turning an overall positive thread into a vitriolic and bigoted rant. :)

Last edited:
Maybe you can educate yourself on this mix by listening to it and then it won't be such a nebulous concept. BTW, nice job of turning an overall positive thread into a vitriolic and bigoted rant. :)
You know me, always doing my worst!

This breaks my heart; a week ago, my husband died from the same form of cancer. I buried him yesterday, and the whole way home I played "Come Back to Camden". The first few lines express exactly how I feel: "There is something I wanted to tell you; it's so funny you'll kill yourself laughing; but then I,I look around, and I remember that I am alone."

Yes, Morrissey may struggle with social interaction; and it probably hurts him more than anyone else, but he most definitely feels genuine emotion and articulates it better than anyone else on the planet. Isn't that why we were all drawn to him right from the start?

lynnda

I really like this. Its a lovely semtiment and a neat oddity for a fan. Has anyone made a copy fir themselves they'd like to share?

Please don't confuse one act of kindness with a lifetime of the same. Morrissey has been a spitting, petulant goof for a very long time. He's dripped more venom into friends than anyone in the history of modern music. I suspect that this was a fleeting moment. It shows he's got a soul left in there, somewhere. ...but my bets are on more slagging, pontification and prostrating before we'll see another decent song from him. He's a f***ing cartoon at this point.

dont rake up his mistakes, he and we know exactly what they are.

dont rake up his mistakes, he and we know exactly what they are.
Slagging, pontificating cartoon or not, I recognize what he did for my friend before she passed. And it's near impossible to quantify a statement like "he's dripped more venom into friends than anyone in the history of modern music." At the end of the day, you and I both here on a forum dedicated to Moz/The Smiths.

Slagging, pontificating cartoon or not, I recognize what he did for my friend before she passed. And it's near impossible to quantify a statement like "he's dripped more venom into friends than anyone in the history of modern music." At the end of the day, you and I both here on a forum dedicated to Moz/The Smiths.

yeah damn right! moz/smiths all the way.

Exactly, that side of Morrissey has been way overshadowed in recent years - glad to see it's still there.
Thank you, was starting to feel i had posted something awful. cheers suedeMoz.

Jason

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom