Moz on Dermot O'Leary, Radio 2: 30/4/11 3pm

I agree. I think Morrissey likes to be challenged about the things he says sometimes. I believe that's why he sometimes says outlandish things just to see if he would get a reaction from an interviewer. They seem only to question him after the fact.

Yes, the usual complaints on the Main page. I think what the younger fans don't understand is that the banter O'Leary and Morrissey is how adult men their age talk to each other; in this kind of casual, good-natured way, but always looking for a chance for "one-upsmanship". It's a game.

If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
And"The Stunners":lbf::lbf::lbf:
[youtube]MIuOjTWdEng&NR=1[/youtube]

Great interview , hilarious and the usual incisiveness. :)
Thanks for the mp3

OK so Moz was a little awkward but isn't that generally how he comes across in a lot of interviews? and really, isn't that amongst what we love about him? Do we really want the day to come when he gives an interview where he is nothing but polite, confirmative and positive? Surely not.

I thought Dermot became very defensive quite early on which perhaps does not constitute for an easy interview so he should not escape any portion of blame if this is what people choose to distribute.

I agree that Moz did contradict himself with the 'I don't watch television' comment but overall I remain captivated to his interviews as much as his recorded output.

Moz decided early on to be difficult and lied through his teeth for a good part of the interview - which I thought was hilarious. He behaved better for the Wilson interview but that wasn't nearly as entertaining.

Morrissey you are a legend for picking "Girl Least Likely To"...my fav track! I adore you! :p
It wasn't a bad interview at all, I think Morrissey was very comical throughout!
"If I went as me, I wouldn't get the part" hillarious!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he did rather well. It must be a real pain in the ass to have to go around talking to people who think they know you all of the time.

I thought he did rather well. It must be a real pain in the ass to have to go around talking to people who think they know you all of the time.

Yeah, and the money for doing it must suck too.

what's not to like.... morrissey was his usual self....didnt think he was grumpy at all....very funny.....loved it. does noone undertand morrissey anymore he was just taking the piss like he always does...liked the way he said he's happy with the music he likes and doesnt just like new bands to appear cool.... i feel the same way and am happy in my little music bubble. he has nothing to apologise for..................

Pete Paphides has just revealed (via twitter) that he turned down a Moz interview this year...

@petepaphides

I was offered a Morrissey i/view this yr. Glad I said no. It doesn't occur to him that most of us are as reluctant to meet him as he is us.

I'm sure everyone is as gutted as I am? :rolleyes:

Hmm...allegedly Dermot is a fan, so he must've known what Morrissey would be like. I don't think Dermot was very professional, especially when made the remarkable mistake of asking whether Moz would agree to host a Meltdown. Also, he asked whether M would appear in a soap opera. Surely if he'd done his research he'd have known about the Brookside cameo, and this could have led to a more complex discussion. Still, I'm not complaining. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Pete Paphides has just revealed (via twitter) that he turned down a Moz interview this year...

@petepaphides

I was offered a Morrissey i/view this yr. Glad I said no. It doesn't occur to him that most of us are as reluctant to meet him as he is us.

I'm sure everyone is as gutted as I am? :rolleyes:

I bet he'll dine on this for years, recalling the time that he, the big shot, powerful critic turned down Morrissey.

Erm......After all Pete is famous for his great, creative work, inspiring so many millions. Who is he?

Back
Top Bottom